Singapore Expats

THE ATTRACTION BETWEEN CAUCASIAN MEN & ASIAN WOMEN ???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 2:13 am

Umm...I wasn't looking to be pleased. Fact is that I'm not loud. :roll:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 2:34 am

ok ok.... you are not loud and I do like you very much. :D

It is said now... 8)

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 6:37 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:ok ok.... you are not loud
Finally, you see the light.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 7:26 pm

yep, and as said before, you are enlightened (although could be related to your hubby working for the world biggest light bulb factory) :D

Eric

gold coast

Post by gold coast » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 1:05 pm

Hey Tony,
Well I think ur question is quite interesting because when we first relocated here from Australia, all the expat wives I met here told me to hold on to my man because the locals were like predators when it comes to Caucasian men. I can tell u for a fact that most Asian women I know here like Caucasian men because they believe that these men can make more money and get them out of poverty, haven't u seen really young women hanging out with men 3 times their age. Asian women also believe that Caucasian men would treat them much better than locals, but not always true. Another reason is except for Asian women, which 20-30 yr old women would want to go out with a 65-100 yr old men??Let's be honest it's got nothing to do with love!!!
Some men think that Asian women are beautiful because of their exotic looks and like someone said earlier, they believe that Asian women are more docile and sweet little things but guess what we are living in the 21st century where women are strongheaded and stand their ground so sorry guys!!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 1:16 pm

gold coast wrote:Hey Tony,
Well I think ur question is quite interesting because when we first relocated here from Australia, all the expat wives I met here told me to hold on to my man because the locals were like predators when it comes to Caucasian men. I can tell u for a fact that most Asian women I know here like Caucasian men because they believe that these men can make more money and get them out of poverty, haven't u seen really young women hanging out with men 3 times their age. Asian women also believe that Caucasian men would treat them much better than locals, but not always true. Another reason is except for Asian women, which 20-30 yr old women would want to go out with a 65-100 yr old men??Let's be honest it's got nothing to do with love!!!
Some men think that Asian women are beautiful because of their exotic looks and like someone said earlier, they believe that Asian women are more docile and sweet little things but guess what we are living in the 21st century where women are strongheaded and stand their ground so sorry guys!!
You're on the Singapore expat forum, not the Thailand expat forum.

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 2:27 pm

I'd have to second Eric's remark, Gold Coast . . . Are you confusing Thailand with Singapore? Possibly you turned tight at Bukit Panjang and took the MRT to Phuket instead . . .

Poverty?

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 2:35 pm

Vaucluse wrote:turned tight
Turned tight? Like how you were gald? How insaulting! :P

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 2:59 pm

Never heard of a tight turn instead of a wide one?

Geez, the lengths some people (SAPPHY) will go just to try to prove you wrong . . .

'nuff said Image

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 9:32 pm

It's a shame that the whole are being tarred with the brush of the few here. Yeah, sure, there are women out there who hang on like grim death to old, ugly blokes, hoping they'll get a good life out of it. But hey, good luck to them I say, they're the ones who'll have to pretend to be attracted to the bloke, until he gives her what she wants then she'll be in the driving seat, and off she'll go. Well done that woman, I say, if you put a lot of work into a yucky project you should get rewards.

And anyway, be fair, what would we do if we were in a really bad position, moneywise, or educationally? Could you honestly say that you wouldn't chose 'alternative' means to lift your standard of living?

I couldn't.

Instead of looking down on these perceived SPG's shouldn't we be in awe of the amount of good acting skills these lasses have got? How many of us, 'normal' folk would date an ancient, fat, lecherous guy (or woman) just for the perk of having a few extra bucks to play with? Not me, well, not the me I am now, but who knows what life will throw at you. And in the end there are two people involved, it's not as if they drug these blokes into liking them, is it?
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 7:36 pm

Bubbles wrote:And in the end there are two people involved, it's not as if they drug these blokes into liking them, is it?
Agree 100%. It takes 2 to tango.
One man's meat is another's poison.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 9:44 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Never heard of a tight turn instead of a wide one?

Geez, the lengths some people (SAPPHY) will go just to try to prove you wrong . . .
Sorry! :(

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:04 pm

Ok, I did mean to say 'right'

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:41 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Ok, I did mean to say 'right'
Grrrrrrr! :evil:

TONY123

Reply to Gold Coast

Post by TONY123 » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 8:23 pm

Reply to Gold Coast,
Actually several of my Aussie friends working up here aged between 25 and 45 have married Malaysian or Singaporean Women. In most cases their wife is well educated and not in need of financial assistance.
** Remember, the average per capita income in Singapore is higher
than Australia and the top 20% in Malaysia are also very wealthy.

I feel your refering to the women visiting Orchard Towers who are all visiting from poor countries.