Singapore Expats

THE ATTRACTION BETWEEN CAUCASIAN MEN & ASIAN WOMEN ???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
TONY123

THE ATTRACTION BETWEEN CAUCASIAN MEN & ASIAN WOMEN ???

Post by TONY123 » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:26 pm

Hi,
been living here for over a decade and have noticed that a lot of Caucaian Men prefer Asian Women, and also a percentage of Asian Women prefer Caucasian Men ??? I am myself Caucasian and married, but not to an Asian Woman. Just interested to hear veiws from both women and men.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bremen » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 2:59 am

Hey Tony,

do a search... there are many threads that cover this already. Many, many websites too.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

ironlady
Regular
Regular

Post by ironlady » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 8:42 am

yo Tony boy ,why dont u go over to "Making frds" the thread is already going hot there..anyways sum caucasion men say that asian women are more demure and white women are more demanding n bossy ,,i wonder if all tht is true...maybe it all just boils down to the cultures. :cool:
Life is not like a smooth sailing ship.It has ups n downs

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:07 am

Sorry but yawn, yawn. Have we, or haven't we discussed this topic till it's dead in the water?

There must be a hundred threads here on this.

What it boils down to is who likes what, and why they like them. Sort of the same all over the world hmm?

Not being cynical, but crumbs, can't we just leave it at you say potato and I say potaaaaato.......if you know what I mean???
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:32 am

Bubbs. Always the voice of reason. :)

ironlady
Regular
Regular

Post by ironlady » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:07 am

yeah i think there isnt any point caryying on tis topic...jus a wate of time,,,guess no one out there has a fresh topic to start..yawwnn :-({|=
Life is not like a smooth sailing ship.It has ups n downs

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:39 am

ironlady wrote:yeah i think there isnt any point caryying on tis topic...jus a wate of time,,,guess no one out there has a fresh topic to start..yawwnn :-({|=

Guess you're too reliant on others to start a topic? #-o Yaaawwwnnnn
One in the hand is worth two of something

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:45 am

Bubbles wrote:Not being cynical, but crumbs, can't we just leave it at you say potato and I say potaaaaato.......if you know what I mean???
Unless it a spelling contest and it's Dan Quayle. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:46 am

Wow we must have gone a how couple of weeks since this was last brought up :roll: was beginning to miss the topic ](*,)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:47 am

ironlady wrote:yeah i think there isnt any point caryying on tis topic...jus a wate of time,,,guess no one out there has a fresh topic to start..yawwnn :-({|=
Wow, the comma disease is becoming a pandemic not to mention 'wate & caryying & tis! Vaucluse, where are you when we need you!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bremen » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 3:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Wow, the comma disease is becoming a pandemic not to mention 'wate & caryying & tis! Vaucluse, where are you when we need you!
Maybe he's doing some "hands-on" research into the topic? ;)
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 3:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wow, the comma disease is becoming a pandemic not to mention 'wate & caryying & tis! Vaucluse, where are you when we need you!
hahah, hey dun u know dis jus sum ways of speaks,, n we being frens? so much stuffs u dun know hahahahah

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 3:15 pm

Bremen wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote: Wow, the comma disease is becoming a pandemic not to mention 'wate & caryying & tis! Vaucluse, where are you when we need you!
Maybe he's doing some "hands-on" research into the topic? ;)

Aber nur mit meiner Ehefrau!!! :) (Schreibe inkognito - - - und weil ich nicht unter meinem normalen einloggen kann)

But only with my wife!!! :) (Writing incognito - - as I can't log in under my usual moniker)

And Mrs 'Cluse is going to pop a vein if I stay on the laptop any longer.

Sorry - translation: And,,, Mrs,',Cluse,,, is going ,,,, to,,, p,,,op a vei,n . .
One in the hand is worth two of something

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Wham » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 4:56 pm

TONY123 - Strange that you have been living here a decade and just now decided to notice / ask about it. I am sure that given the chance most Causasian men that prefer Asian women will be GLAD to give you some good reasons over a beer...but it does seem a little crass to list all those reasons here.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 5:57 pm

Yep, tis true, many expat men love Oriental beauties, and why shouldn't they? Many of us expat women appreciate the different good looks of your blokes too you know!

One of the reasons expat men will give about liking local women is that they (very often mistakenly) consider them to be less bolshie and outspoken and more biddable than UK or US or Oz women. You silly billies.....don't you know we're all the same underneath the skin....we will all have our says, but some of us come at it from quieter corners.......

Let's be honest it's the physical differences that must attract. Yes, you oriental beauts have smaller frames than us, generally, and it's the darkness of your hair, and your differently shaped eyes, etc etc etc. Opposites always attract and I say 'Vive la difference!'

I have quite a few expat girlfriends married to local boys, so, it does work both ways. And we expat women are also prey to falling for these misconceptions about local men....i.e....that they are shy, or immature, or perhaps not as 'personally' (you know what I mean) adventurous as the guys we're used to......all poppycock of course, and once you get to really know local people you soon realise your mistakes....What I have found is that local guys keep their sense of fun and youth longer than expat men, and yes, that is a good thing......

Mind you, there are lots of expat men who like the look of expat women too, and vice versa so it's just plain daft to generalize isn't it?

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.