Singapore Expats Forum

Purchasing And Taking Electrical Stuff Home

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Saint
Director
Director

Purchasing And Taking Electrical Stuff Home

Postby Saint » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 9:19 am

We're going to be purchasing a couple of electrical items while we are here, be rude not to take advantage of the cheaper prices :)

Before I go and get completely lost and confused within the UK Revenue & Customs website, is anyone able to give me a quick guide on what I should declare, whether I should even bother declaring, what it would cost me etc when arriving back in the UK

Is it worth reclaiming the GST at Changi on say an item purchased for $1,500? (That's $75 or 25 quid or 9 pints of Stella in real money!)

Any help from my learned friends would be appreciated :)

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Purchasing And Taking Electrical Stuff Home

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 9:45 am

Saint wrote:We're going to be purchasing a couple of electrical items while we are here, be rude not to take advantage of the cheaper prices :)

Before I go and get completely lost and confused within the UK Revenue & Customs website, is anyone able to give me a quick guide on what I should declare, whether I should even bother declaring, what it would cost me etc when arriving back in the UK

Is it worth reclaiming the GST at Changi on say an item purchased for $1,500? (That's $75 or 25 quid or 9 pints of Stella in real money!)

Any help from my learned friends would be appreciated :)

Can't help with the problem but 9 pints of Stella? There's your answer! :mrgreen: