Singapore Expats Forum

Is it Swinging in Singapore time again?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:17 am

Eek, what happened to my font??
One man's meat is another's poison.

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CardZeus » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:21 am

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. You pay for it by taxing cannabis.

How much do you think crimes committed by heroin addicts cost the taxpayer and society?
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:22 am

Global Citizen wrote:Eek, what happened to my font??

I'm sure your font is very nice . . . :)

'nuff said Image

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:31 am

Vaucluse wrote:
Global Citizen wrote:Eek, what happened to my font??

I'm sure your font is very nice . . . :)

You're cho chweet and welcome home. Missed ya! :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:51 am

Zeus, its not only about crimes committed by drug addicts. Foremost is life wasting away, the resultant trauma for the addict as well his/her loved ones. Eradicating drugs from our society is an uphill task...also 'cause some of the governments go hand in hand with the top bosses in the drug industry.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CardZeus » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 4:08 pm

Zeus, its not only about crimes committed by drug addicts. Foremost is life wasting away, the resultant trauma for the addict as well his/her loved ones.

I totally agree Sapphire - however I believe I'm being a realist in thinking that we will never rid society of drugs.

Eradicating drugs from our society is an uphill task...also 'cause some of the governments go hand in hand with the top bosses in the drug industry

Agree again - especially the US government who had the golden opportunity of decimating the poppy crops in Afghanistan. Now once again 80% of the world's heroin comes from Afghanistan.
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 8:53 am

CardZeus wrote:Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. You pay for it by taxing cannabis.

How much do you think crimes committed by heroin addicts cost the taxpayer and society?

Just to provide you with a different angle to give you some food for thought. The Canadian government decriminalised marijuana for medical purposes not too long ago in a bid to allow people with genuine medical problems to obtain their 'prescription' at a cost of course from a registered doctor as opposed to a street dealer thereby ensuring the patient's safety. The interesting thing is that a lot of doctors were very reluctant to carry it on their premises due to fears of their clinics being broken into.

My point is: decriminalising all drugs may not necessarily reduce the crime problem as there will always be addicts who want more than what's given and I have a real issue with paying for someone else's fix. You wouldn't expect me to pay for your ciggies and alcohol (as an example) would you as it's your addiction not mine so why would I want to pay for someone else's drug habit?

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 9:58 am

But even if you legalise drugs for those who really need, there will still be abuse cases. Look at the case of the cough medicine.. :-|
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...