Singapore Expats Forum

Kiteboarding in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Kiteboarding in Singapore

Postby surfingballoons24 » Wed, 07 Dec 2005 9:12 am

Anyone intrested in kiteboarding?

check out the local action: ... index.html ... index.html

pm me for more info.

Postby surfingballoons24 » Wed, 07 Dec 2005 9:48 pm

For the benefit of those who didn’t pm me.

Just a little update on what’s happening in the kiteboarding seen. The long awaited North-East Monsoon is finally here, I think. My fallow kiteboarders will be traveling all around the region in search for wind, Bintan, the east coast of Malaysia, Vietnam and Taiwan.

Here’s some action on our local beaches: ... index.html

On the topic of lessons, we will be conducting them most likely in Malaysia, Johor, Jason’s Bay, in the Month of December to February.

Lessons are $350, 1 day of theory, flying of trainer kite, a full day of lessons includes rental of equipment and transport.

If you intend to get into the sport all the way, I would suggest buying your own equipment, namely: Kite, Board and Harness.

Brand new and used equipment are available for sale. Brand new can set you back around $2k to $3k. Used equipment cost around $1k to $2k, everything in.

For sale:

GK Sonic 11m c/w Large Pump/53cm Bar/25m Lines $ 1,600
GK Sonic 14m c/w Large Pump/53cm Bar/25m Lines $ 1,840
GK Bolic Board 127X38 c/w Footstraps, Pads, Fins $ 920
GK waist harness $ 152

Litewave Boards are also avalable $ 1,100

Gaastra 2005 Vision 16m $ 900
Airush 2005 Xpact 127x38 $ 850
Notrh Vegas 16m 04 $ 900
North Board Sumo $ 900
New North rhino 18m 05 $ 1200

Demos will be held tomorrow at Punggol Beach as soon as the north-east monsoon starts, according to the forecast it should by next week.

This is what I suggest, you can leave me your mobile phone numbers and I can SMS you if the wind is good or you could SMS me to ask me.