Singapore Expats Forum

Tropical Christmas Treats! - Saturday December 17th

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Whats on the Christmas Dinner Menu?

Poll ended at Sat, 17 Dec 2005 3:39 pm

Barbeque - I'm carnivorous
43%
International Christmas Potluck - I'll bring something edible
57%

Total votes: 21

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:34 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
Btw, what about the required dresscode? Typically Singaporean we have been discussing food for the last few days, but as a matter of fact I am more interested in the bikini style textiles being worn (or rather NOT being worn... :mrgreen: ).

I am currently checking my wardrobe for the appropriate bikini. Hope all of you will spend some energy in finding one too... :D

I was thinking of bringing a few cans of laundry detergent for in the pool over there, always wanted to have a decent foam party and this just seems to be THE venue to create one... 8)

Seraphim, am I allowed?

Eric

So it was true how certain members were describing you the other night and I didn't believe them :o :lol:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:58 am

Saint wrote:
Btw, what about the required dresscode? Typically Singaporean we have been discussing food for the last few days, but as a matter of fact I am more interested in the bikini style textiles being worn (or rather NOT being worn... :mrgreen: ).

I am currently checking my wardrobe for the appropriate bikini. Hope all of you will spend some energy in finding one too... :D

I was thinking of bringing a few cans of laundry detergent for in the pool over there, always wanted to have a decent foam party and this just seems to be THE venue to create one... 8)

Seraphim, am I allowed?

Eric

So it was true how certain members were describing you the other night and I didn't believe them :o :lol:

Saint,

you can check for yourself, I have heard very different opinions about me or my character from and via different forum members here... :-|

But the way I look at myself, I could have chosen your nick as to describe my personality... 8)

See ya tonite at the WNDC?

Eric

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:04 pm

But the way I look at myself, I could have chosen your nick as to describe my personality... 8)

See ya tonite at the WNDC?

Eric

Exactly what they all said Eric :)

Yes will be there tonight, I wont ask the normal question how will recognise you all :lol:

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 3:02 pm

Yes to Bikinis and NO No NO to detergent! :???: :P

Don't want to play the prissy school marm, but it is simply not allowed.....unless you want to pay the bill for cleaning the pool after - and YOU can discuss that with the management - I'll just stand by and watch the ensuing fireworks. 8)

LOL! Sorry Eric! great idea, but I think I'll have to find another location for a foam party for the next event..... :wink:
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 3:54 pm

I am pleased to announce that Mary Hatch Bailey has very generously plied me with two jars of cookies for the Christmas party this Saturday. :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 3:55 pm

Hi all! Here's the latest Tropical Treats Update! :cool:

Date: Saturday, December 17th 2005

Time: Anytime after 5pm

Dress Code: Tropical! Swimsuits, Hawaiian shirts, sarongs (especially for the SPG's!!!), bikinis, shorts, and anything red and green.

Drinks: It's BYOB folks!

The Menu: Pot Luck :)
Confirmed dishes include:

Spring Rolls
Baked Chicken Wings
Samosa
Christmas Cookies
Gulab Jamuns
Satay
Bitteballen or Lasgne

The Christmas Catch: Please bring a small item wrapped in christmassy trim that costs less than or just around $10. They'll all be dunked into Santa's Gunny Sack and redistributed later to spread the cheer! Everyone bring a gift so no one walks away giftless!

We've already got close to 40 people in attendance folks! :o But still, please don't try to cook enough to feed the infantry. As long as everyone brings a dish, we'll have more than enough to go around.

Any questions, queries, quirks and quips? Please PM me or buzz my mobile.

Newbies! If you don't have my mobile number, please PM me as you'll need to call me once you get there so I can open the main gate for you).

Cheers and see ya there! :D

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 3:57 pm

sapphire wrote:I am pleased to announce that Mary Hatch Bailey has very generously plied me with two jars of cookies for the Christmas party this Saturday. :)

Ah! So she'll be with us in edible spirit then! THanks MHB! :D

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:01 pm

sapphire wrote:I am pleased to announce that Mary Hatch Bailey has very generously plied me with two jars of cookies for the Christmas party this Saturday. :)

I heard MHB supplied you with 3 jars :-k :wink:

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:04 pm

Cookie hoarder...... [-X

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:05 pm

You people are so mean to me. I'm really close to gettting my feelings all hurt and what not. :evil:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:14 pm

LOL!

bruised ego's don't hurt that much do they? :P

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:16 pm

Not true. Admit it, you have never met a more humble person than me in your whole life. :)

BTW, humble people have feelings too...

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:20 pm

:console: Aww Saphhire, you know I have the HOTS for you! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 7:28 pm

And you were so thankful that you almost left them at the coffeebean, if La Reinne MHB wouldnot have asked you again to take them with you.... :P

Sorry, couldnot resist... :wink:

Slap me tonite at the WNDC, you know I like it... :P

Eric

James**
Regular
Regular

Postby James** » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:42 pm

Hi Phim,
Can PM me yr mobile, the message is stuck in the outbox..
tk
James **:)

seraphim wrote:Hi all! Here's the latest Tropical Treats Update! :cool:

Date: Saturday, December 17th 2005

Time: Anytime after 5pm

Dress Code: Tropical! Swimsuits, Hawaiian shirts, sarongs (especially for the SPG's!!!), bikinis, shorts, and anything red and green.

Drinks: It's BYOB folks!

The Menu: Pot Luck :)
Confirmed dishes include:

Spring Rolls
Baked Chicken Wings
Samosa
Christmas Cookies
Gulab Jamuns
Satay
Bitteballen or Lasgne

The Christmas Catch: Please bring a small item wrapped in christmassy trim that costs less than or just around $10. They'll all be dunked into Santa's Gunny Sack and redistributed later to spread the cheer! Everyone bring a gift so no one walks away giftless!

We've already got close to 40 people in attendance folks! :o But still, please don't try to cook enough to feed the infantry. As long as everyone brings a dish, we'll have more than enough to go around.

Any questions, queries, quirks and quips? Please PM me or buzz my mobile.

Newbies! If you don't have my mobile number, please PM me as you'll need to call me once you get there so I can open the main gate for you).

Cheers and see ya there! :D