Singapore Expats Forum

underwear or thongs

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 1:14 am

What's a trolley dolley?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 5:39 am

riversandlakes wrote:What's a trolley dolley?

Colloquial slang for a stewardess; may be thought of as sexist if not very insulting - don't use it myself.

Plavt.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 5:44 am

Global Citizen wrote:
Vaucluse wrote: I feel quite at ease with SQ and this is also due to their selection criteria.

You mean the fact that they're cute? I thank you as indirectly you've paid me a compliment albeit a little late. Yes, (secret's out) I too was a Singapore girl among other things many years ago but don't remember an undies rule but back then thongs were a non issue. Nail polish wasn't restricted to 3 shades then but compulsory and they were anal about hair styles, either in a bun or short.

But would you believe they now allow the ladies the luxury of not having to paint their toenails so long as they are wearing stockings. Info from stewardess on my last flight. Always wondered why so many were wearing stockings in a hot climate.

Plavt.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 5:46 am

Vaucluse wrote:I feel quite at ease with SQ and this is also due to their selection criteria.

But nobody's telling you what underwear to wear. :P :lol:

Plavt

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:35 am

Plavt wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:I feel quite at ease with SQ and this is also due to their selection criteria.

Plavt

Plavt, may I introduce Mrs 'Cluse. Mrs 'Cluse, may I introduce Plavt. :)

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:58 am

seraphim wrote:Surprisingly, she brought it up.

She was griping about how controlled their uniform standards are - from make up to nail polish color (I think there are only 3 'approved' shades) to length of hair, to stockings and underwear.

I just found it ridiculous. As I would find you, if you did, by any chance, start discussing underwear issues with Eric at Oosters. :o :P

I think I know which friend of yours you are talking about here.... :-|

How come I am not surprised this topic is being discussed? :lol:

And for me discussing my underwear with CD at Oosters: I wouldn't be surprised if he would ask me about it after a few Duvel beers at oosters. But my answer won't be thongs, no way... [-X

In fact, anyone may ask me what kind of underwear I am wearing, why not? 8)

And for the record, from an experienced pair of eyes here: the SIA stewardesses surely do not appear to be wearing granny's underwear? :P

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:04 am

Vaucluse wrote:
seraphim wrote:I just found it ridiculous. As I would find you, if you did, by any chance, start discussing underwear issues with Eric at Oosters. :o :P

Surprisingly that's the main topic of discussion at the SADC - last time we had just finished discussed Wham's Y-fronts and were on out way to Eric's long-johns (yes, we were surprised as well).

GC, in my younger years - actually up to when I met Mrs 'Cluse, many of my 'closer' friends were from SQ. Kind of figures when you travel most of the time and see the same people, end up in foreign places . . . I am still friends with one - but Mrs 'Cluse refuses to fly SQ . . . :? ???
I do find them very different now to then, however, but still better trained than most.

It is just a bt sad to read the other thread and the job is really seen as a trolley dolley where covering up your pimples and shocking English is paramount.

How little I still know about the secret life history of vaucluse... :D

By the way, they probably do find you quite different now from then as well, more trained (to behave) nowadays.... :D :D :D

GC, interesting secret revealed here!

SIA is still by far my fav airline, and not just for the drinks being served so efficiently! 8)

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:11 am

Plavt wrote:
riversandlakes wrote:What's a trolley dolley?

Colloquial slang for a stewardess; may be thought of as sexist if not very insulting - don't use it myself.

Plavt.

Which reminds me of an experience with a KLM trolley dolley before...

On a flight she stumbled with her trolley and as a result I was covered in her juices all over my face and upper body, my nose dripping.

She did apologize, but the damage had been done. I had 2 colleagues with me on that flight, I was their manager, but after the incident they laughed tears, and my natural charisma dissappeared like snow in the sun. :(

Life was never the same again at work... :-|

And my platinum elite flying dutchman membership, I just throw it away and happily became kris flyer.... :D

Better airliner, far better trolley dolleys, no juices on my face so far... :P

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:23 pm

as a result I was covered in her juices all over my face and upper body,

:o :o :o The mind boggles . . . . :o :o :o

(Could she have been related to this lass from the Dim side:

my dear, never mind, dun let that dissapointment swallow your determination...i am sure you are one future to be stewardess with your determination.
)

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 6:19 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Plavt wrote:

Plavt

Plavt, may I introduce Mrs 'Cluse. Mrs 'Cluse, may I introduce Plavt. :)

You are cracking me up!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Plavt.

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Postby emiko08 » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 7:27 pm

why does the author of this topic have to know? :???:

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”