Singapore Expats Forum

Careful the morning after.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Careful the morning after.

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 03 Dec 2005 6:45 pm

Just to let you know, if you're coming into the UK anytime from now till after New Year (and for always perhaps) the new later or all day opening hours for pubs mean that the police will be.........

Breathalizing on roads at any time, but more especially in the very early mornings, i.e. after 4am up till breakfast time and later.

And I know for a fact, having mates in the force, that they fully intend to have a big blitz on this and they have extra hours duties already penned in for breath tests.......

So, be very careful you don't stay over at a mates and then think at about 8am that you're ok and drive back.

Apparently two or three of those strong lagers...Carlsberg, Carling, Stella etc will take eight or more hours to clear your system if you're a bloke, and more if you're a smaller person/girl. I mean you'll fail the test if you drunk them at ten and drive at six.

Not preaching and know we'll all be careful, but just to let non UK folks know the score this festive season, cos it's all over the papers here.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:38 pm

Please don't drink and drive...

Google for pictures of DUI car accidents to tell oneself why not :-|
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Plavt

Re: Careful the morning after.

Postby Plavt » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:48 pm

Bubbles wrote:Apparently two or three of those strong lagers...Carlsberg, Carling, Stella etc will take eight or more hours to clear your system if you're a bloke, and more if you're a smaller person/girl. I mean you'll fail the test if you drunk them at ten and drive at six.

One pint of normal strength beer = 2 Units.

One unit takes around an hour to clear from your system. As you rightly say Carlsberg, Tenents will take longer due to the extra strength. Can't say I know about Carling or Stella.

Plavt.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:52 pm

Just don't drink and drive full stop even the morning after. Counting units and hours since etc does you no good in court.