Singapore Expats Forum

Jessica Alba - Tiger beer advert

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

goombay

Jessica Alba - Tiger beer advert

Postby goombay » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 3:56 pm

do u think she'd even heard of Tiger beer before that advert, not quite sure if she was "acting" or not plus the guys in it are really cheesy!

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Jessica Alba - Tiger beer advert

Postby superedge » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 4:22 pm

goombay wrote:do u think she'd even heard of Tiger beer before that advert, not quite sure if she was "acting" or not plus the guys in it are really cheesy!

she probably not, and who cares? So do as most of us do: enjoy the view :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 5:43 pm

goombay wrote:do u think she'd even heard of Tiger beer before that advert, not quite sure if she was "acting" or not plus the guys in it are really cheesy!

Its a terrible ad, clumsy in its idea, clumsy actors. And, no its not necessary for a celebrity to know or try every product they endorse. Its their image which is used to sell a product, nothing else. Jessica Alba is hot though, isn't she? :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 5:50 pm

sapphire wrote:

Its a terrible ad, clumsy in its idea, clumsy actors. And, no its not necessary for a celebrity to know or try every product they endorse. Its their image which is used to sell a product, nothing else. Jessica Alba is hot though, isn't she? :wink:

I wouldn't kick her out of my bed for eating crackers.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 7:59 pm

sapphire wrote:Its a terrible ad, clumsy in its idea, clumsy actors.

Perfect adjective, clumsy says it all!

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ringo100 » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 8:48 pm

She more than makes up for it.

abbby
Regular
Regular

Postby abbby » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:22 pm

I thought this was the most silly ad of the year. It looked scripted, everyone acted like a 'dummy' and Jessica Alba had her makeup (her lips) drawn like 2 sausages... :-|

And somehow I can't put The beer and Jessica Alba pictured as one..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Postby micknlea » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:32 pm

Yeah, after all the hype I expected a bit more, some of the old Tiger ads were good.

You know if only she looked like she would actually taste it, never mind drink it and want another one, it might be almost acceptable...perhaps they should have given her the script more than five minutes before filming???

Just as well she is worth looking at, can't say the same for the guys, what a pack of woosy looking sods! :D
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 9:55 am

Well, the ad is targetted at men, Jessica is the new Lolita...we all know how a man's mind works, don't we? :P
Agree with you micknlea, what a terrible choice of models! Woosy looking sods...apt description. :lol:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:03 am

sapphire wrote:Well, the ad is targetted at men, Jessica is the new Lolita...we all know how a man's mind works, don't we? :P
Agree with you micknlea, what a terrible choice of models! Woosy looking sods...apt description. :lol:

I did offer my services, but they said I was overqualified . . .

(and I don't think Alba is that crash - sapphire would fit that bill better - honest O:) )

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:11 am

Vaucluse wrote:
sapphire wrote:Well, the ad is targetted at men, Jessica is the new Lolita...we all know how a man's mind works, don't we? :P

I did offer my services, but they said I was overqualified . . .

(and I don't think Alba is that crash - sapphire would fit that bill better - honest O:) )

*Sapphire faints* CPR please? :P

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:17 am

O:)

'nuff said Image

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:24 am

Considering how much money they seem to have spent on the advert it is atrocious, with that in mind they will run it ad infinitum to make it worthwhile.

However there are worse adverts out there, what immediately springs to mind are any face whitening creams or masks (but perhaps that is because I am not in their targeted demographic).

I think the worst advert ever in Singapore was the KFC one a year or so ago with the blind mother recognising her son by the way he licked the KFC flavour off her fingers. Just wrong & far too easy to link to the story of Oedipus as he seemed to enjoy it a little too much. errrrggghhh 8-[
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:30 am

You guys actually sound like you're shocked!

I mean usually when shooting ad's, people are picked because they're talented... :lol:

And usually, models are so smart :lol:

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:33 am

Vaucluse wrote:I did offer my services, but they said I was overqualified . . .

Don't joke, lots of ang mos can make money modelling here. Half the people in the SQ safety presentation are teachers from the American school. Great way to earn some extra $$.