Singapore Expats Forum

Van Nguyen Prayer Thread

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:40 am

*clears throat and plugs in teacher's voice*

Look here, Sunshine. I think this thread is only a small margin better than your last one, which frankly is utterly despicable.

I think that your user-name is making it hard for anyone to believe that you are sincere and therefore you may be getting more agro than you bargained for.

And whether I had a prayer or not for Van Nyugen and his mother and family, I would NOT be offering it here on an internet forum to be read as entertainment by other people. We are talking about faith and life/death and a family ripped to bits by drugs and a mother who is NEVER going to hold her baby again. I simply cannot begin to imagine what this must feel like and so I just cannot comment. This happens every day all over the world, and the media has just decided that this story will sell papers. Human being are not commodities to be sold and traded for money and a moment in the sun.

While I understand that as human beings with frontal lobes, discussion is powerful and desirable, *but* arguing over whether someone has the right to live or die, voting on whether a person should be hung and *then* asking others to join in prayer with you Singabloodypore (a user name that is just sooo obviously political), is blasphemous and outrageous. Now, cut it out.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:49 am

k1w1 wrote:*clears throat and plugs in teacher's voice*

Look here, Sunshine. I think this thread is only a small margin better than your last one, which frankly is utterly despicable.

I think that your user-name is making it hard for anyone to believe that you are sincere and therefore you may be getting more agro than you bargained for.

And whether I had a prayer or not for Van Nyugen and his mother and family, I would NOT be offering it here on an internet forum to be read as entertainment by other people. We are talking about faith and life/death and a family ripped to bits by drugs and a mother who is NEVER going to hold her baby again. I simply cannot begin to imagine what this must feel like and so I just cannot comment. This happens every day all over the world, and the media has just decided that this story will sell papers. Human being are not commodities to be sold and traded for money and a moment in the sun.

While I understand that as human beings with frontal lobes, discussion is powerful and desirable, *but* arguing over whether someone has the right to live or die, voting on whether a person should be hung and *then* asking others to join in prayer with you Singabloodypore (a user name that is just sooo obviously political), is blasphemous and outrageous. Now, cut it out.

Agree 100%. =D> =D> =D>
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

singabloodypore

Postby singabloodypore » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:50 am

regardless what you think, my nick does reflect what i am about but not who am i. Leave that to God, himself. Thanks.

singabloodypore

Postby singabloodypore » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:58 am

k1w1 wrote: Now, cut it out.

alright, if you dont wish to, thats fine with me. but i ain't stoppin till van gets all your prayers.

God bless Van Nguyen.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:02 pm

singabloodypore wrote:Leave that to God, himself. Thanks.

Then leave Van Nguyen to him and stop trolling the forums.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:09 pm

Perhaps it is not Van Nguyen that needs the prayers. I remember a story about some other bloke that was executed he offered a prayer to his executioners "Forgive them Lord for they know not what they are doing"

ring any bells?
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

singabloodypore

Postby singabloodypore » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:12 pm

Bremen wrote:

your done with your prayer but God is bit upset with the last one. do you have any nice things to say?

God please save Van Nguyen. *cries*

singabloodypore

Postby singabloodypore » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:14 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:Perhaps it is not Van Nguyen that needs the prayers. I remember a story about some other bloke that was executed he offered a prayer to his executioners "Forgive them Lord for they know not what they are doing"

ring any bells?

excelent idea baron!

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:16 pm

singabloodypore wrote:your done with your prayer but God is bit upset with the last one. do you have any nice things to say?

God please save Van Nguyen. *cries*

Oh, so now you talk to God, huh? That kinda proves you're nuts.

- Terry Pratchett

singabloodypore

Postby singabloodypore » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:23 pm

Bremen wrote:Oh, so now you talk to God, huh? That kinda proves you're nuts.

do u remember what you said in your prayer. it doesnt take a genius to tell your having a bad day.

God have mercy on van nguyen's executioners.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:34 pm

singabloodypore wrote:
do u remember what you said in your prayer. it doesnt take a genius to tell your having a bad day.

God have mercy on van nguyen's executioners.

Having quite a good day, actually. Ergo, you're not a genius.

- Terry Pratchett

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 1:09 pm

Bremen wrote:

Somebody called?

singabloodypore

Postby singabloodypore » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 1:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Bremen wrote:

Somebody called?

holy mother of christ,
is that you?

hey you little poodle, do you have any prayer for van nguyen?

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 2:17 pm

singabloodypore wrote:
holy mother of christ,
is that you?

hey you little poodle, do you have any prayer for van nguyen?

Yes it's him. He doesn't like to get angry. He especially doesn't like to be called a "poodle".

- Terry Pratchett

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 3:12 pm

singabloodypore wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Somebody called?

holy mother of christ,
is that you?

You silly twit. Asking for prayers and then calling the mother of christ a troll! All in the same post. You are a real piece of work you know!