Singapore Expats

UK Colonial system / WHY should I live in Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
truth
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:21 am

UK Colonial system / WHY should I live in Singapore

Post by truth » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:56 am

I lived in UK System: London and Bermuda
and in USA System: San Francisco/Chicago/Houston

London seems OK now. Bermuda's system was 100% VERY scary and few here even trust the Police. It felt clearly 2nd. World and near 3rd. World with the Police and corruption. The lack of justice spooked me about Bermuda.

My question is:

How is Singapore any different?

Have had offers there, but after living in Bermuda -- I'm very spooked.

Please advise!!

Cheers

napseb68
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:32 am
Location: Bkt timah

Post by napseb68 » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 3:13 am

oh boy - its seems u've been all around the world .... with the lights off!!

Singapore is WAYYYYYY different from US cities or corrupt nations or some that sprout egalitarian notions of 'oneness against the forces'

Having lived in some of those cities u mentioned - i can tell u that if u enjoyed any of those cities - sing is not the place for you -

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Re: UK Colonial system / WHY should I live in Singapore???

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:56 pm

truth wrote:I lived in UK System: London and Bermuda
and in USA System: San Francisco/Chicago/Houston

London seems OK now. Bermuda's system was 100% VERY scary and few here even trust the Police. It felt clearly 2nd. World and near 3rd. World with the Police and corruption. The lack of justice spooked me about Bermuda.

My question is:

How is Singapore any different?

Have had offers there, but after living in Bermuda -- I'm very spooked.

Please advise!!

Cheers
:lol:
......................................................

'nuff said Image

singabloodypore
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:28 am

Post by singabloodypore » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 5:36 pm

forget about moving here. singapore has no freedom no creative flaire. people here are so racist and unhumane. fvck singapore

User avatar
briceloh
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 7:21 pm

Post by briceloh » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 5:41 pm

singabloodypore wrote:forget about moving here. singapore has no freedom no creative flaire. people here are so racist and unhumane. fvck singapore
I must say that you can't wait to get out of Singapore, nor can Singapore wait to get rid of you, right? So what ya waiting for?
IBMing

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Carpe Diem » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 5:48 pm

singabloodypore wrote:forget about moving here. singapore has no freedom no creative flaire. people here are so racist and unhumane. fvck singapore
May be you could book your tickets with our friend Dhaka Boy, SQ has good deals for 2 passengers travelling together...
Last edited by Carpe Diem on Sun, 27 Nov 2005 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
briceloh
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 7:21 pm

Post by briceloh » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 5:51 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
May you could book your tickets with our friend Dhaka Boy, SQ has good deals for 2 passengers travelling together...
Oh? You wanna get rid of me too? heehee :P
IBMing

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Carpe Diem » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 5:55 pm

briceloh wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
May you could book your tickets with our friend Dhaka Boy, SQ has good deals for 2 passengers travelling together...
Oh? You wanna get rid of me too? heehee :P
No, sorry for misunderstanding... Let me edit my post then.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
briceloh
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 7:21 pm

Post by briceloh » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 5:58 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
No, sorry for misunderstanding... Let me edit my post then.
It's alright. We can't take things too seriously here. Else there'll be too much fire fight. :wink:
IBMing

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 6:41 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
singabloodypore wrote:forget about moving here. singapore has no freedom no creative flaire. people here are so racist and unhumane. fvck singapore
May be you could book your tickets with our friend Dhaka Boy, SQ has good deals for 2 passengers travelling together...



Ugh, imagine the state of the seats afterwards . . . .
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
briceloh
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 7:21 pm

Post by briceloh » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 6:53 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Ugh, imagine the state of the seats afterwards . . . .
I can't...what will the seats be afterwards??? :? Burnt? :cool: I thought no lighter is allowed in the cabin? hehehe
IBMing

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 7:38 am
Location: Bedford Falls

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 6:56 pm

napseb68 wrote:i can tell u that if u enjoyed any of those cities - sing is not the place for you -
Poppycock!

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:14 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
napseb68 wrote:i can tell u that if u enjoyed any of those cities - sing is not the place for you -
Poppycock!



Mary, is that a reply as to what bangladeshi-moron and singabloodypore would get uo to in the plane?
......................................................

'nuff said Image

singabloodypore
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:28 am

Post by singabloodypore » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 3:25 am

Carpe Diem wrote: May be you could book your tickets with our friend Dhaka Boy, SQ has good deals for 2 passengers travelling together...
hahaha..fvck ya too!

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 2:47 pm

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 9:25 am

singabloodypore wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote: May be you could book your tickets with our friend Dhaka Boy, SQ has good deals for 2 passengers travelling together...
hahaha..fvck ya too!



It seems you are already intimately acquainted with dhaka-boy and possibly Vodkashots as well . . .
......................................................

'nuff said Image

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests