Singapore Expats Forum

Butt Injury From a fall

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

k1yang

Butt Injury From a fall

Postby k1yang » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 1:43 am

Hi...

I had a bad fall on the stairs due to the slippery ground and I landed hard on my butt on wed. For a few secs, I was in a state of shock and I realised how painful it is. When I got home there's no sign of bruises and I guess the pain comes from perhaps either the muscles or bone...

I'm able to walk though except that i have to be careful not to land my butt hard on the chair or bed. Should i look for a doctor? But I'm shy cos the pain is exactly on my butt and I doubt any normal clinic will actually cure the pain which I'm experiencing.

I've experienced lower back problem for years and even the doctor at SGH said there's really no cure to it. i've lost hope. yet I'm afraid that this fall will worsen my condition but i have phobia of going back to the doctor.

Anyone experience with a hard fall on the butt? care to share where you've receive treatment? =(

Scarlet Pimpernel

Postby Scarlet Pimpernel » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 3:53 am

Its best to see a doctor to check if you have broken any bones. Had a similar fall years ago and it took a long time to heal.
With your back problem, the fall could have made it worse.
Best to rest and avoid strenuous work

k1yang

Postby k1yang » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 2:25 am

Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:Its best to see a doctor to check if you have broken any bones. Had a similar fall years ago and it took a long time to heal.
With your back problem, the fall could have made it worse.
Best to rest and avoid strenuous work

hi do u also see a doctor but yet took a long time to heal?

Scarlet Pimpernel

Postby Scarlet Pimpernel » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 3:18 am

Well, I did not see a doctor but it healed in the end although it took a long time. Is there any bruise? Apply Voltaren ointment, available in the pharmacy. It will help to ease the pain. If you have any bruises its better to see the doctor for medication to reduce the swelling and pain.
As for your low back pain you should see a chiropractor and do stretching exercises for your back. It really helps to strengthen your spine.