Singapore Expats Forum

DP Holder Looking for job (need LOC)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

NJ

DP Holder Looking for job (need LOC)

Postby NJ » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:35 am

Hi there,

I am a dependant pass holder and have been in Singapore for 5 months. I have had trouble getting a job (recruitment agents have not come up with anything) No one seems to know about the letter of consent and therefore it has been difficult to explain that I may not need an EP to work. I have been teaching English for three months but find it boring and not very well paid (also not in line with what I want to do long term).

I have worked as a Business Analyst for National Australia Bank and I have also worked for Ernst & Young (actuarials -no I'm not an actuary or an accountant). I would like to have stayed with E&Y but they had nothing here for me. Any ideas or suggestions about how to kick start my job search - when recruitment agencies haven't worked.

Thanks!
NJ :???:

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 7:09 pm

An LOC only takes two weeks to process. It is a lot less hassle than getting an EP. Only trouble is you can't have two, so there's no way you can (technically) get two part time jobs.

NJ

Postby NJ » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:55 am

thanks. I am actually looking for a fulltime job if possible but have not had any luck as no one seems to understand how the LOC works and the jobs that I am looking at are not at a 'high enough' level for an EP!! Oh Well...I'll keep on trying! Cheers for the update

GIC

Project work

Postby GIC » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 9:40 am

Hi there

We're an Aussie market research company with an office in Singapore and we are currently looking for some expat researchers to interview business execs. If you're interested, please let me know.

shamus

loc

Postby shamus » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 1:29 pm

please contact me I may be able to offer a bar job.