Singapore Expats Forum

IELTS Exam

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
superedge
Chatter
Chatter

IELTS Exam

Postby superedge » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:52 pm

hi folks,

I am taking my IELTS exam this week, I must score 7 overall. did anyone here take this test?

any suggestions, indications, impressions about the test ?

thanks in advance
-E

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

IELTS

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:28 am

Noticed people taking only toefl exams more often, any specific reasons that you are going for ielts?? :(
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Re: IELTS

Postby superedge » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:34 am

Scorpion wrote:Noticed people taking only toefl exams more often, any specific reasons that you are going for ielts?? :(

toelf are normally for high school guys. ielts is normally for college and stuff, in my case, is part of the process to receive a second passport (not in Spore).

so, any hint?

MangoCar
Regular
Regular

Postby MangoCar » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 2:14 pm

I took GRE class before from which I knew a bit abt IELTS too. IELTS is not so difficult as GRE but if you want an average score of 7, it would be still challenging.
At my time, average score of 6 or 6.5 was good enough for applying immigration to Canada or Australia, 7 is critical :-k , even native english cant make it sometimes. Good luck anyway, eat the exam as a piece of bread!

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 8:20 pm

Have you taken the test before? Most universities expect 6 or 6.5, so 7 is quite high. I used to teach IELTS and TOEFl and by far the hardest thing most students found was the speaking section of IELTS.

You have practice texts, I assume?

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Postby superedge » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:30 am

k1w1 wrote:Have you taken the test before? Most universities expect 6 or 6.5, so 7 is quite high. I used to teach IELTS and TOEFl and by far the hardest thing most students found was the speaking section of IELTS.

You have practice texts, I assume?

hi k1w1,
no, I have not yet, the test will be tomorrow.
I do not have practice texts, if you have some would you please send to me ? just PM me