Singapore Expats Forum

I'm smarter than you!: Women marrying down?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 6:35 pm

You have a much more generous spirit than I do. :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 6:41 pm

Hardly! But thanks. :oops:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 6:43 pm

Pfffftttt....

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 6:47 pm

Alamak

Such hatred Ms Bailey - Is it Mary Hatch or Mary Hatchet???

Me thinks it may be you that is not emotionally developed never the less I will give you the befinit of the doubt even though it seems like you are unable to do the same for others.

I was merely expressing my opinion on the matter which is what the forum is for and as such I suggest you get a grip on the fact that there are some people in this world that don't actually blindly agree with the totally irresponsible version of life that you continual sprout.

It is my considered opinion that some people in life like to listen and agree with others based purely on fashion and societal pressure more than on what they truely feel or wish to express. Hence some of my posts may offends others but have you ever considered that your better then thou posts have also been extremely annoying for alot of people on the forum and that I am may be one of a few that is willing to express my own true opinion on matters (hopefully in a humoureous and timely manner before people get too out of control).

(What a load of dead dingos bollocks I here you seething under breath and you maybe right but as far as I ma concerned your not.)

LOL :cool: and power to the human race - May the road rise to meet you and all the femme nazi's be crushed beneath it :P

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 7:06 pm

Hmmm,

Taken with the Big Tits comment, your enlightened views of hitting children as a form of exercise, condoning piracy and now:

"What a load of dead dingos bollocks I here you seething under breath and you maybe right but as far as I ma concerned your not.)

LOL and power to the human race - May the road rise to meet you and all the femme nazi's be crushed beneath it"

I'd say you and I are pretty much done.

And please don't mistake my comments to you as 'hatred' as this is inappropriate and misleading. I don't care enough about you to hate you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 7:21 pm

I don't care enough about you to hate you.

That's a line I use as well, haha. Such an immature emotion hate is. :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:20 pm

I don't get it - without meaning to insault (sic) the bafana man - where did he learn his English? Is he not meant to be an Aussie? The public school system has a lot to answer for . . .

and that I am may be one of a few that is willing to express my own true opinion on matters

Well, bafana - would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on? (Man, I have always wanted to say that)

Seriously, though - you don't really believe your last post yourself, do you?

'nuff said Image

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ringo100 » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:34 pm

condoning piracy

One of the greatest moral sins of our time. This man must be evil.

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ringo100 » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:52 pm

MBH. What is the need for these personal attacks?

I’ve seen on a number of posts, that sometimes you disagree with someone (which is fair enough), but instead of simply attacking the quote or opinion you attack the person or their intelligence directly.

Doesn't this show a certain level of arrogance that says to everyone: "anyone who disagrees with me must be stupid".

Can’t we keep this a discussion; instead of throwing around vindictive insults.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:38 am

Errrr..........I'm not taking sides, for this one count me in as a dumb blonde...........ha!

Cue blonde jokes, tra la.

But seriously, each to his own. Some folks way of being passionate in discussion is just different to others, is all.

MIND YOU.........you've all seen me with my knickers in a twist over something someone's said, and it's true, I have to calm down to see the both sides, then be fair, I do usually apologise. (Not that it's my fault most times, ha ha ha, full of it, rubbish, that is)

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:38 am

Before you ask.....

Great Big Bridgit Jones Ones....

Just joking.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 7:47 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
Bafana wrote:Men are givers and women are takers. Its the way of life always has been and always will be.

I guess pity is overriding anger at this pont. You must have been scorched very badly. Or put another way, stood to close to the fire.

Then Ringo wrote: Can’t we keep this a discussion; instead of throwing around vindictive insults.

Ringo, I thought I was keeping to the discussion here :roll:

I think Bafana has gone out of his or her way to respond quite crudely, and not at all constructively to several recent threads, this is just one. If it's one thing I have no tolerance for, its people who make an inflammatory statement (root word is flame, here) then gaze up in awe at the sling of arrows. If it's a joke, then give us some indication. (Like your post on piracy, I'm still not sure where you stand...)

I have not mentioned:

his family
his parents
his socio-economic circumstances
his communication skills

I'm not sure why you would say I have attacked him/her personally? Bafana has a right to post here, as well as anyone else as long as the rules are adhered too. And I have a right to ignore him. Isn' t that the more adult reaction? I was the one who said: 'we're done here'. And so it is.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 8:14 am

Ma'am, you can't be done yet. I haven't even got my bag of popcorn yet! :P

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 9:22 am

Bubbles wrote:Errrr..........I'm not taking sides, for this one count me in as a dumb blonde...........ha!

Cue blonde jokes, tra la.

But seriously, each to his own. Some folks way of being passionate in discussion is just different to others, is all.

MIND YOU.........you've all seen me with my knickers in a twist over something someone's said, and it's true, I have to calm down to see the both sides, then be fair, I do usually apologise. (Not that it's my fault most times, ha ha ha, full of it, rubbish, that is)

Bubbs.

my nr. 1.... :love:

Eric

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Personal; I believe so.

Postby ringo100 » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:54 am

I believe the personal attack that started it was:

Eric, Baf is not as, let us say, emotionally intelligent, as you are -- especially concerning women. In fact, down right rude lately. So, I guess the moral of the story is not only do we NOT want his/her food for thought -- I personally hope he/she chokes on it.

Who are WE by the way; are you now the forum spokesperson? Or, is a rhetorical WE; as used by the Queen.

IMHO, whether I agree with what was posted or not it is hardly controversial, I would say that the vast majority of the world would probably agree with the statement. I didn't read anything in the posts that could be found offensive until you directly attacked him. Then it's fair game.

On piracy of CD/DVD/Software, I don’t care if people do or don’t; I won’t lose a minutes sleep over it. There are far bigger and worse injustices being committed every day by these very industries. And just because it is not against the law it doesn’t mean it is not wrong.