Singapore Expats Forum

Do men want to settle for a dumber girl?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed, 25 Aug 2004
Location: Wales, UK

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 7:53 pm

Hiya Saint

Now then, what's this thread about....I seem to have lost the plot somewhere along the line....

Of course, that could be because my jaw is locked from yawning about the subject.........or it could be because I've taken to drinking heavily in the day. Neither is true, but I may just fall off the wagon if there's a y in the day of the week.

Seriously, I thought I had posted, but there again, I waffle off on most posts, so who keeps score? Not me, anyway.

What the hell is the subject anyway. You see, it's this damned cold weather, rotting my brain.

Beautiful, glorious weather here. Blue skies and white frost everywhere. I'm off down town to get fish and chips from the chippy for lunch. Sorry, but I do treat myself once a week, and yes, know it's bad for you, but ...what the Hell? Plenty of vinegar first, then salt...yep, bad too...!!...and eat them walking home. Yum.

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:35 pm

Bubbles wrote:
Beautiful, glorious weather here. Blue skies and white frost everywhere. I'm off down town to get fish and chips from the chippy for lunch. Sorry, but I do treat myself once a week, and yes, know it's bad for you, but ...what the Hell? Plenty of vinegar first, then salt...yep, bad too...!!...and eat them walking home. Yum.


Is a beautiful day here as well, just finished my fry up lunch and settling down to the England v NZ rugby! This id going to be a tough one!

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:08 am

Saint wrote:
Is a beautiful day here as well, just finished my fry up lunch and settling down to the England v NZ rugby! This id going to be a tough one!



They're not showing the match here . . . bugger! Have to feel sorry for England in this - try the same game with the All Blacks as with the Auusies and the England front rowers will be carried off the pitch.

Stuck with watching Charlton v ManU or Newcastle v Chelsea (Cole just scored this second - double bugger!)
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 2:58 am

Was a tight game, but NZ just edged us out :(

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:10 am

Read the reports - still a win with three yellows and the last 23 minutes with less players on the field . . .

The All Blacks are simply awesome in their strength and depth . . .

(Nice showing by Engand, though)


And the Aussies beat Ireland - - - - - - finally . . .
......................................................



'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:40 am

Male rugby fans discussing 'dumb' women marrying.... It can't be more of a cliche, can it? :mrgreen:

Eric

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 5:21 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Male rugby fans discussing 'dumb' women marrying.... It can't be more of a cliche, can it? :mrgreen:

Eric



Difference between rubgy union and rugby league, Eric - worlds apart.

(saw a replay of the NZ v England match - brilliant!)
Last edited by Vaucluse on Sun, 20 Nov 2005 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
Kimi
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun, 27 Mar 2005
Location: Where my feet stand...

Postby Kimi » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 7:03 pm

EADG wrote:and to tell the truth, I have still yet to find a better balance of education, femininty, respectfulness, etiquette, humility, hard-working, cultural identity, well-rounded-ness, loyality, and I actully don't like finding myself in a postion to defend them because my many years there was enough to drive me nuts


Actually it stikes me of the other way around from you about your many years there... What drove you nuts then?

User avatar
EADG
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu, 01 Sep 2005

Postby EADG » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 7:10 pm

Kimi wrote:
EADG wrote:and to tell the truth, I have still yet to find a better balance of education, femininty, respectfulness, etiquette, humility, hard-working, cultural identity, well-rounded-ness, loyality, and I actully don't like finding myself in a postion to defend them because my many years there was enough to drive me nuts


Actually it stikes me of the other way around from you about your many years there... What drove you nuts then?


I'll respond to the 2nd part, am baffled by the 1st:

the level and perponderance of cordiality (most confuse this with politeness) in every facet of human interaction, which results in removing the human factor from normal human interactions, and the dehumanising effect that had on me over time
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

User avatar
alon_delain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005

Postby alon_delain » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:23 pm

So women with high IQ tend marry less, and men with high IQ tend to marry more.

It probably means that, as opposed to men, women take advantage of their IQ to make better personal decisions. 8)

Or maybe, as opposed to women, men with high IQ, education, etc. still need to feel the arrogant pleasure of being "married-up" ? :wink:

User avatar
Scorpion
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon, 12 Sep 2005
Location: 3other side of ur door

dumb to dump

Postby Scorpion » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 2:05 am

I don't think that most men want "dumb" women....what you say then is...

:P

Women don't have to be smart co'z they can get any man anyway if they look good.
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....
Image

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Re: dumb to dump

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 8:44 am

Scorpion wrote:Women don't have to be smart co'z they can get any man anyway if they look good.



Jumpin' Jehosafats . . . . . And now we have reached the trough of this discussion . . . .
......................................................



'nuff said Image

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:04 am

So the smart woman is one who invests in a boob job and permed eyelashes, not an education... I knew the dark side had to one to something! :shock:

User avatar
madwolfie
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1526
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2005
Location: Mad's Lair

Re: dumb to dump

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:09 am

Scorpion wrote:I don't think that most men want "dumb" women....what you say then is...

:P

Women don't have to be smart co'z they can get any man anyway if they look good.


Ooooohh your toxin levels have been on the high side, eh? :P

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Re: dumb to dump

Postby Bafana » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 1:36 pm

Scorpion wrote:I don't think that most men want "dumb" women....what you say then is...

:P

Women don't have to be smart co'z they can get any man anyway if they look good.


A very well thought out and considered arguement and one that if people give fair chance is quite accurate.

Though I would have to say that a Ti Ti in spandex bearing rolex will also work :cool:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests