Singapore Expats Forum

Would anyone fall for a guy who...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

wildboar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2005

Would anyone fall for a guy who...

Postby wildboar » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:22 pm

Would anyone fall for a guy who has just recover from cancer and loom with uncertainties in the future of another attack from the diease.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:23 pm

How can you answer this one... :???:

Eric

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005
Location: Bedford Falls

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:25 pm

Of course, this is the basis for every movie on the Hallmark channel!

wildboar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2005

Postby wildboar » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:26 pm

I dun know , just wanna find out if the guy or girl would still fall in love with the opp even if he or she has a history of cancer......

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005
Location: Bedford Falls

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:28 pm

Everyone has 'skeletons in the closet.' Why should you be different? :wink:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:31 pm

Did they open a can of worms tonite here or what?

Eric

wildboar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2005

Postby wildboar » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:33 pm

I mean would you fall for a guy who has cancer and the prognosis of 50%. It may sound like a bizarre qns...had this thought for sometime as my colleague got this terrible disease at the age of 30....

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005
Location: Bedford Falls

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:36 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Did they open a can of worms tonite here or what?

Eric


Or perhaps a can of 'WhoopAss'?

wildboar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2005

Postby wildboar » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:37 pm

Sometime I find the ppl in this forum can be quite humorous...

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu, 30 Jun 2005
Location: Singpore

Postby Em Eye » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:08 pm

Can you choose to fall in love or not?

Doesn't the saying go something like "it's better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all?" (excuse me if it's not word for word)

Or the you could fall in love and live happily ever after...

User avatar
sapphire
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun, 17 Apr 2005

Postby sapphire » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:32 pm

Wildboar, I think Em Eye more or less answered your question - Better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

User avatar
Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri, 28 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: Would anyone fall for a guy who...

Postby Rose_YG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:17 pm

wildboar wrote:Would anyone fall for a guy who has just recover from cancer and loom with uncertainties in the future of another attack from the diease.



If someone ask this question and be in this situation, then i think it's not love. Love is unconditional.
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "

Image

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 3:28 pm

wildboar wrote:I mean would you fall for a guy who has cancer and the prognosis of 50%. It may sound like a bizarre qns...had this thought for sometime as my colleague got this terrible disease at the age of 30....


I think this is a very sad way to think, and not at all indicative of love. Without trying to start something here, but really, it sounds like a very Singaporean way to think. Very materialistic somehow. Like your love to a person is tied to financial stability and long marriage, rather than an honest, all-consuming love.


Side note: I've actually been in a Coffee Bean one time and overheard a group of young girls pressuring their friend to break up with her bf because he has/had a heart condition. One line that almost made me toss my coffee over my shoulder in their general direction was: "How you can love him lah? He can't work hard one, weak heart, can't pay for shopping and car. Better break up lah, go with (some chinese name i can't remember), him healthy one, sure work hard leh!"
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
KT
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu, 09 Sep 2004

Postby KT » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 3:50 pm

This is hilarious , one for the record books ... Anyway Mike , you really should have thrown the coffee over !!!

Bremen wrote:Side note: I've actually been in a Coffee Bean one time and overheard a group of young girls pressuring their friend to break up with her bf because he has/had a heart condition. One line that almost made me toss my coffee over my shoulder in their general direction was: "How you can love him lah? He can't work hard one, weak heart, can't pay for shopping and car. Better break up lah, go with (some chinese name i can't remember), him healthy one, sure work hard leh!"
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 4:08 pm

KT wrote:This is hilarious , one for the record books ... Anyway Mike , you really should have thrown the coffee over !!!


Would have been an awful waste of coffee.


Now, boiling hot water would have been a different matter...
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests