Singapore Expats Forum

And Its Only Tuesday...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

And Its Only Tuesday...

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:05 pm

I have created an environmental disaster in my bathroom involving the tiny polysterene contents of a bean bag chair clogging the floor drains

My westie's paws have chemical burns from my maid's overzealous use of bleach

There is a distinct odor, more like a stench really, like something has died in close proximity to the master bedroom

A piece of artwork I've created and am donating for an auction on Thursday has a mysterious yellow stain on the canvas

And Mr. Bailey is still away

It is only Tuesday!!

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:29 pm

Bummer, Mary. Would this make you feel better?

My daughter glued her picture book to the lounge floor and drew "picture a mummy" on the (white) couch in black ink.

My son told me that he wants to live at pre-school and not come home anymore. At pre-school there is a playground and heaps of bikes. At home, there is Bob the Builder on DVD.

A bird flew in through my kitchen window and pooped all over the bench and cutting board.

I have been here a year now, and I feel homesick. It's nearly christmas time, but all there is here is tinsel. :cry:

I am a gemini. Bubbs reckons there is something retrograde... I like that theory better than my life just being a crap magnet.

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:30 pm

Hope everything gets better... :console:

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:37 pm

Em Eye wrote:Hope everything gets better... :console:

Oh no, don't misunderstand. I don't need consoling as much as a place to vent. Plus, the Forum was getting a bit stale or was it me? Needed to infuse a little nonsense. Thanks anyway Em Eye.

K1w1 you reminded me of two more. Came down for coffee yesterday first thing in the morning and there awas a disembodied gecko tail still skirming on the kitchen floor. Arghh. Too much for the Not-Yet-Caffienated!

And, there was a tiny dead kitten on the sidewalk at Holland village. Awful.

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shilo2010 » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:38 pm

Now if every day was great, we would have nothing to compare them to.
Tomorrow will be much better.
Promise.
:lol:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:39 pm

Ughhhhh gecko tail, now that would have killed me! Hate geckos passionately!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:40 pm

I hope you haven't broken your cocktail shaker again otherwise it would be the end of the world :wink:

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:42 pm

Saint wrote:I hope you haven't broken your cocktail shaker again otherwise it would be the end of the world :wink:

No, it's fixed thank godness. But the Vodka is running low until Mr. Bailey returns. It's $89 at the supermarket and $23 at the airport. Suchadeal!

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:43 pm

We have way too much at our house if you need a bottle in the mean time...

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:45 pm

Em Eye wrote:We have way too much at our house if you need a bottle in the mean time...

Excellent! What time do you do breakfast? 8)

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:00 pm

k1w1 wrote:
Em Eye wrote:We have way too much at our house if you need a bottle in the mean time...

Excellent! What time do you do breakfast? 8)

I do enjoy a good Bloody Mary at brunch. Mr. Bailey says when he orders them: I want them to look like the East river (full of horseradish and pepper) Yum.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:06 pm

My Tuesday started just a little bit different today. I jumped out of bed and landed in the floor with a very loud shout of immence pain. Seems my gout has returned to pay me a visit in my left knee and I just went straight to the floor. When I finally got up and stabilized it was off to the doc and a jab to knock it in the head. (Think I slept with said leg twisted and strained the tendons).

Anyway, at the doc's also had some good news as well. Colesteroil is good, BP is down and best of all I have lost 5 of the 10 kg I gained last Dec-Feb when I quite smoking. down to 86 kg from 91 about 2 months ago. Now 11 months without a cigarette. Yeah! (after 37 years of smoking!)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:09 pm

So I can smoke for 20 years more, yay!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:My Tuesday started just a little bit different today. I jumped out of bed and landed in the floor with a very loud shout of immence pain. Seems my gout has returned to pay me a visit in my left knee and I just went straight to the floor. When I finally got up and stabilized it was off to the doc and a jab to knock it in the head. (Think I slept with said leg twisted and strained the tendons).

Anyway, at the doc's also had some good news as well. Colesteroil is good, BP is down and best of all I have lost 5 of the 10 kg I gained last Dec-Feb when I quite smoking. down to 86 kg from 91 about 2 months ago. Now 11 months without a cigarette. Yeah! (after 37 years of smoking!)

This is all very good news, except the gout of course. Glad to hear it wasn't Black Tuesday for everyone :wink:

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Seems my gout has returned to pay me a visit in my left knee and I just went straight to the floor.

SMS, what are the symptons of gout besides pain? Mr. Citizen has been complaining about a persistent pain in his knee and wonders if he pulled something as doctor seems to think so, but it still hasn't gone away after several weeks.
One man's meat is another's poison.