Singapore Expats Forum

Any Hong Konger in Singapore?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
enroute
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 06 Dec 2005

Postby enroute » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 2:26 am

hi all,

I migrated from hk to sg for approx 13yrs... And I can't even speak cantonese properly now. :( Nobody can tell that I'm a foreigner unless I tell them so. How pathetic. :???:

hope everyone here can help me brush up my cantonese! 8-)

EPL
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu, 25 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby EPL » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:46 am

Hello enroute,

There might be a session for you to brush up your cantonese
speaking next week, so how are we going to keep in touch with you ? :wink:
you dont check in here often perhaps busy with your projects/assignmetns, am I right :P :wink: or I could be wrong :wink:

You're welcome to join us, so see you around :D
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

User avatar
bobby7881
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon, 20 Mar 2006

hey~

Postby bobby7881 » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:52 am

Whoa~ EPL, you're always so fast to accumulate new members huh? I'm starting to think that you have comission on this~~~~~ WTP, you must have give like 10% to EPL for the new enrollment huh? Heehee

Anyway I guess this week there's nothing going on since everyone is going to HK.....

Damn me want to fly too..... :???:

User avatar
Scorpion
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon, 12 Sep 2005
Location: 3other side of ur door

Re: hey~

Postby Scorpion » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:01 pm

bobby7881 wrote:...I'm starting to think that you have comission on this~~~~~ WTP, you must have give like 10% to EPL for the new enrollment huh? Heehee
...

Wha.. EPL... U soooo rich now :D

(Am again.. so absent-minded, some buddy already alerted not to play-play with EPL !!! :P )
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....
Image

enroute
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 06 Dec 2005

Postby enroute » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:02 pm

EPL wrote:Hello enroute,

There might be a session for you to brush up your cantonese
speaking next week, so how are we going to keep in touch with you ? :wink:
you dont check in here often perhaps busy with your projects/assignmetns, am I right :P :wink: or I could be wrong :wink:

You're welcome to join us, so see you around :D


i didn't notice this thread last time. ok, i didn't look hard enough.
will check back more often now!

so is everyone here from hk?

User avatar
fung23
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2005
Location: Hong Kong

Postby fung23 » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:18 pm

enroute wrote:i didn't notice this thread last time. ok, i didn't look hard enough.will check back more often now! so is everyone here from hk?


Hello, Enroute! Welcome aboard :D

Hmmm, not everyone, u guess? :wink:

enroute
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 06 Dec 2005

Postby enroute » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:21 pm

fung23 wrote:
enroute wrote:i didn't notice this thread last time. ok, i didn't look hard enough.will check back more often now! so is everyone here from hk?


Hello, Enroute! Welcome aboard :D

Hmmm, not everyone, u guess? :wink:


um, i don't even know the number of people in here!

but i guess you're a hker as well. cos "fung" is a common character used in cantonese names. :P

User avatar
fung23
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2005
Location: Hong Kong

Postby fung23 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:19 am

enroute wrote:but i guess you're a hker as well. cos "fung" is a common character used in cantonese names. :P

enroute wrote:And I can't even speak cantonese properly now


you said u cannot speak cantonese properly .......but how come so sure :shock: 13 years ago.....came here :roll:

enroute
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 06 Dec 2005

Postby enroute » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:39 am

fung23 wrote:
enroute wrote:but i guess you're a hker as well. cos "fung" is a common character used in cantonese names. :P

enroute wrote:And I can't even speak cantonese properly now


you said u cannot speak cantonese properly .......but how come so sure :shock: 13 years ago.....came here :roll:


haha, just an observation i made. some of the hk people i encountered had fung in their names. but none of the sgreans i know have that.

i might be wrong though. :)

User avatar
bobby7881
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon, 20 Mar 2006

hahaha

Postby bobby7881 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:33 pm

Hahahaa Fung "nei bay yan sik choon jor la~"

hey Enroute, welcome to our forum~

And another HKer~ Cools~

User avatar
fung23
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2005
Location: Hong Kong

Re: hahaha

Postby fung23 » Mon, 01 May 2006 10:49 pm

bobby7881 wrote:Hahahaa Fung "nei bay yan sik choon jor la~"


Hai Lor! Yeah Lor! :lol:

User avatar
face
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 29 Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby face » Wed, 03 May 2006 11:12 pm

only hong kongers r welcome ah? i'm from GuangZhou leh .......
what do you want?
pls visit my blog http://spaces.msn.com/soface
or add my msn: facechen@hotmail.com

User avatar
bobby7881
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon, 20 Mar 2006

hey~~

Postby bobby7881 » Thu, 04 May 2006 5:26 pm

of course you're welcome la FACE~~~~~~~~~~~

(haha have to give face to you ma.....)

jhouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed, 01 Mar 2006

Postby jhouse » Thu, 04 May 2006 11:14 pm

welcome enroute and face

it is nice to have you guys hanging around...
I am in thailand rite now preparing some team building events for my company, and i feel so shack now....

i will be finishing the event by saturday.. and finally it is over,,,
will try to arrange a gathering once we are back...

FM Jhouse2

User avatar
Scorpion
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon, 12 Sep 2005
Location: 3other side of ur door

Re: hey~

Postby Scorpion » Fri, 05 May 2006 2:34 am

bobby7881 wrote:Whoa~ EPL, you're always so fast to accumulate new members huh? I'm starting to think that you have comission on this~~~~~ WTP, you must have give like 10% to EPL for the new enrollment huh? Heehee
...

EPL's getting richer an richer, with new members sign up :P
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Image


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests