Singapore Expats Forum

Any Hong Konger in Singapore?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
User avatar
fung23
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2005
Location: Hong Kong

Postby fung23 » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:36 am

Hi TMF,

OK, Lets have fun! No need to teach, can speak = can sing!

Some of my local friends cannot speak cantonese but they can sing! amazing....

you can speak cantonese, right?

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 1:06 pm

earthfriendly wrote:Muji has a nice selection and and some of the brands (believe they are local brands) in Seiyu are of Japanese cutting. I recently purchased a spaghetti strap dress, don't remember the brand and it is still in alteration shop, that is drop-dead gorgeous. Makes me feel very feminine and princess-like, hee, hee, hee. Shopping in SG is wonderful. Will email you the brand name after I get it back from alteration.

Are sizing smaller in HK than SG? As it is, I find the clothes here smallish and can't imagine getting any smaller. The free-sized HK clothes are really tiny, it is like between a small and medium of SG equivalent. I am under impression that free size=generous size. I am by no means "big" but still find some of the free size in SG tight-fitting.

I will definitely add you to my MSN but remember, I am not very savvy with the instant messaging thingy and hardly use it.

I have posted on the forum for the CGC to PM me about events but have not received any response yet? Can a local join you guys for your outings. I am bored as friends and family too busy with their lives to spend time with me. I am a little pissed with them :mad: Just kidding, I don't expect them to drop everything just to entertain me. Help please.


Hi Earthfriendly,

Thanks for sharing the Japanese brand with me. Yes, please do let me know the brand name. I was shopping last night to get a dress for attending a wedding dinner next weekend. However, I found more of the shop are selling clothes with "big" size. Maybe because I'm very tiny, I cant easy find clothes in Singapore to fit on. Yes, I always buy clothes from HK is because the size is much smaller, thus I can fit on. Getting a fitted size clothes in Singapore become one of my big problem.

Do you like playing sports, like badminton, tennis or squash? Please join me if you are interested in. We can also go to KTV or shopping if you like. Friend is here to companion you. :D

Waiting to meet you up soon. :wink:

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 1:10 pm

When & Where did you play badminton . . ? ? :roll:

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 1:22 pm

Jun wrote:hi WTP.....hows the interview going???everything alright???

hahhaha.....why i can speak a little cantonese??errrmmmm can i say that because i love languages??? :D



Harlo Jun,

I've get my job in Singapore. :wink:

Haha...you must have very potential in learning languages. What else languages you can speak?? :D


Have a nice weekend!

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 1:29 pm

fung23 wrote:hello, lei dei ho!

I m new in this forum. I'd love to join your function or even cantonese Karaoke!

Luckily, i can go back HK once a month! That's why i can continue my 'HK clothing". Anyway, enjoying both HK & Singapore life, very nice!

Looking forward to meet you guys! :D



Lei ho fund23,

I wonder if I can go cantonese KTV with you. :)

Envy you can visit HK once a month and get HK clothes. You visit there frequently for business?

Where can you buy summer clothes when HK is winter now?

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 1:33 pm

Dounut wrote:When & Where did you play badminton . . ? ? :roll:


Hi Dounut,

We usually playing badminton in Clementi or Jurong East every weekend/sunday morning because I live in Jurong East. If you are interested in playing badminton, we can go to your place. :)

Have a good afternoon!

User avatar
fung23
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2005
Location: Hong Kong

Postby fung23 » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 7:40 pm

hi winniethepoor,

I am here to help in a project, my base is still in HK. That's why i can go back once a month.

You are right that it is getting more difficult to buy summer clothing in HK now. I can save a lots in buying overcoats and boots this year as i m here in Singapore! Actually you can wear some winter pants here in december, it is quite cooling at night.

I would like to join the coming CGC function or we can meet up for karaoke !

see you la! :lol:

[/quote]

TMF
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Postby TMF » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 8:39 pm

fung23 wrote:Hi TMF,

OK, Lets have fun! No need to teach, can speak = can sing!

Some of my local friends cannot speak cantonese but they can sing! amazing....

you can speak cantonese, right?


hope we can go karaoke b4 i leave

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:56 pm

TMF wrote:
hope we can go karaoke b4 i leave



Hi TMF,

Where & when will you go? :o

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:06 pm

fung23 wrote:hi winniethepoor,

I am here to help in a project, my base is still in HK. That's why i can go back once a month.

You are right that it is getting more difficult to buy summer clothing in HK now. I can save a lots in buying overcoats and boots this year as i m here in Singapore! Actually you can wear some winter pants here in december, it is quite cooling at night.

I would like to join the coming CGC function or we can meet up for karaoke !

see you la! :lol:

[/quote]


Hi fung23,

Oh ic. You will back to HK when finish the project in Singapore?

Haha...I also thought I can save a lot without need to buy winter clothes. I don't think I will wear winter pants in Singapore because I sweating very easily. "ho pa yit" :-|

I'm also waiting to join CGC's next event. I havent sing karaoke for more than 2 months. When will we have first KTV in Singapore? I've pm you already. :wink:

TMF
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Postby TMF » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:18 am

Hi TMF,

Where & when will you go? :o
[/color][/quote]

hi winne

i'll be going back to perth for a month at the end of the month

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 1:01 am

winnythepoor wrote:
Dounut wrote:When & Where did you play badminton . . ? ? :roll:


Hi Dounut,

We usually playing badminton in Clementi or Jurong East every weekend/sunday morning because I live in Jurong East. If you are interested in playing badminton, we can go to your place. :)

Have a good afternoon!


Is fine, Winny. Jurong & Clementi is too far away for Dounut . . :oops:

Anyway, Dounut is playing with own group in Novena on weekends too, not at Dounut's place . . :P

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:34 am

TMF wrote:hi winne

i'll be going back to perth for a month at the end of the month



Oh I see... see you at next CGC event when you back, okay!? :wink:

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:03 am

Dounut wrote:Is fine, Winny. Jurong & Clementi is too far away for Dounut . . :oops:

Anyway, Dounut is playing with own group in Novena on weekends too, not at Dounut's place . . :P



Good morning Dounut,

How many badminton members in your group? I wonder if I can play with your group? When do you usually play badminton? Weekdays' night or weekend?

User avatar
cherryblue
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat, 11 Dec 2004
Contact:

Postby cherryblue » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:22 am

winnythepoor wrote:
TMF wrote:hi winne

i'll be going back to perth for a month at the end of the month



Oh I see... see you at next CGC event when you back, okay!? :wink:


hello hello....another CGC pioneer here haha....
hi winniethepoor welcome to sunny Spore :lol:
would love to cya sometime at CGC event....
by the way christmas is coming....EPL how come no upcoming events?

CNA where hv u been hiding...... :P


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests