Singapore Expats Forum

Any Hong Konger in Singapore?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 3:43 pm

EPL wrote:winnythepoor,

Wish you best of luck for your interview tomorrow ya.. hope you will have a good offer then you would become winnytherich :lol: :D

haha

p/s: you will be amazed how fluently dounut speaks cantonese...


By the way, where is TMF now?



Hi EPL.

Thanks for your support. I'll and must try my best to get the job. Actually they have already give me a very good offer. They will also apply work permit for me until I get my PR. I'm metally poor, not physically. :D

I really wonder how good is Dounut's cantonese. :wink:

Hope I can join you for the next dinner.

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 3:49 pm

[/quote]wow 2 months....

good luck for your interview....you can do it.... 'ka yau'

have a great afternoon ya...rest well then tomorrow can fight better :D[/quote]


June. thanks for your support. I will "ka yau" for tomolo's interview. Just curious why do you speak cantonese? :o

TMF
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Postby TMF » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 1:38 am

thanks epl for the invitation as i'm busy learning the basic on my golf game so if i got spare time i'll join u pple

hello wtf and everyone

User avatar
Boya
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed, 09 Nov 2005
Location: Bt Merah kah???

erm

Postby Boya » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 2:51 pm

erm ... so ... where is all the members?
isogiashide surechigau hi totachi
"yume wa kanai mashitaka?"
atashi mada mogaiteru

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 3:51 pm

winnythepoor wrote:I really wonder how good is Dounut's cantonese. :wink:


Don't listen to EPL, Dounut Cantonese is Rotten, Pun Tong Shui . . :P

User avatar
CNA
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed, 22 Jun 2005

Re: erm

Postby CNA » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 5:12 pm

Boya wrote:erm ... so ... where is all the members?


one old member here :wink:

:cool:
Random Walk

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 5:16 pm

Dounut wrote:Don't listen to EPL, Dounut Cantonese is Rotten, Pun Tong Shui . . :P


Haha...now I believe of what EPL said. Your cantonese is very good. You can even said Pun Tong Shui. Amazing you. Where did you learn your cantonese?

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Eunos

Re: erm

Postby kk_lass » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 6:20 pm

CNA wrote:
one old member here :wink:


Hi CNA, how are you?!?
Missss u here ... :wink: :cool:
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005

Postby earthfriendly » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 7:14 pm

winnythepoor wrote:
Hi Earthfriendly, I do also like HK's clothes more than Singapore one and I found that the fashion in HK is quit difference with Singapore one. If you like to take a HK shopping trip for clothes, I suggest you visit there in early April. You can find clothes for summer season.
:D


I think HKers generally are more stylish than SG because it follows the trend of Japan closer. I remember one of our HK relative visiting SG and commented that the people here look "countrish". SG likes to think of ourselves as being on the forefront of fashion trend and all her SGean relatives did not understand what she meant by that. Hee, hee, hee. Coming from her perspective, it is understandable. In Asia, think Japan is the trendsetter, the next tier being Korea, Taiwan, China and HK (oops now that HK is SAR). Just by force of habit, still refer to HK as a separate entity.

SG too pick up a lot of its fashion from East Asia but tinge with a teeny bit of SE Asias flavor. So I would say, we have a fushion trend here.

winnythepoor
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon, 14 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby winnythepoor » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:25 am

earthfriendly wrote:I think HKers generally are more stylish than SG because it follows the trend of Japan closer. I remember one of our HK relative visiting SG and commented that the people here look "countrish". SG likes to think of ourselves as being on the forefront of fashion trend and all her SGean relatives did not understand what she meant by that. Hee, hee, hee. Coming from her perspective, it is understandable. In Asia, think Japan is the trendsetter, the next tier being Korea, Taiwan, China and HK (oops now that HK is SAR). Just by force of habit, still refer to HK as a separate entity.

SG too pick up a lot of its fashion from East Asia but tinge with a teeny bit of SE Asias flavor. So I would say, we have a fushion trend here.


Agree with what you said. I had the same thought with your HK relative when my first time visit Singapore. However, now I found that Singaporean's fashion is very unique and special. Also Singaporean is very confidence of what they wear. Myself still like Japanese fashion, maybe because it's more fit to my tinny figure. BTW, where can I buy Japanese fashion clothes in Singapore?

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005

Postby earthfriendly » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:00 am

winnythepoor wrote:
earthfriendly wrote:I think HKers generally are more stylish than SG because it follows the trend of Japan closer. I remember one of our HK relative visiting SG and commented that the people here look "countrish". SG likes to think of ourselves as being on the forefront of fashion trend and all her SGean relatives did not understand what she meant by that. Hee, hee, hee. Coming from her perspective, it is understandable. In Asia, think Japan is the trendsetter, the next tier being Korea, Taiwan, China and HK (oops now that HK is SAR). Just by force of habit, still refer to HK as a separate entity.

SG too pick up a lot of its fashion from East Asia but tinge with a teeny bit of SE Asias flavor. So I would say, we have a fushion trend here.


Agree with what you said. I had the same thought with your HK relative when my first time visit Singapore. However, now I found that Singaporean's fashion is very unique and special. Also Singaporean is very confidence of what they wear. Myself still like Japanese fashion, maybe because it's more fit to my tinny figure. BTW, where can I buy Japanese fashion clothes in Singapore?


Muji has a nice selection and and some of the brands (believe they are local brands) in Seiyu are of Japanese cutting. I recently purchased a spaghetti strap dress, don't remember the brand and it is still in alteration shop, that is drop-dead gorgeous. Makes me feel very feminine and princess-like, hee, hee, hee. Shopping in SG is wonderful. Will email you the brand name after I get it back from alteration.

Are sizing smaller in HK than SG? As it is, I find the clothes here smallish and can't imagine getting any smaller. The free-sized HK clothes are really tiny, it is like between a small and medium of SG equivalent. I am under impression that free size=generous size. I am by no means "big" but still find some of the free size in SG tight-fitting.

I will definitely add you to my MSN but remember, I am not very savvy with the instant messaging thingy and hardly use it.

I have posted on the forum for the CGC to PM me about events but have not received any response yet? Can a local join you guys for your outings. I am bored as friends and family too busy with their lives to spend time with me. I am a little pissed with them :mad: Just kidding, I don't expect them to drop everything just to entertain me. Help please.

TMF
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Postby TMF » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:14 am

SO WHAT's THE EVENT FOR TODAY??

:P regards

TommyMiddleFinger

User avatar
Jun
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1170
Joined: Wed, 11 May 2005
Location: Dreamland

Postby Jun » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:24 am

winnythepoor wrote:June. thanks for your support. I will "ka yau" for tomolo's interview. Just curious why do you speak cantonese? :o


hi WTP.....hows the interview going???everything alright???

hahhaha.....why i can speak a little cantonese??errrmmmm can i say that because i love languages??? :D
Happiness is a daily decision.

User avatar
fung23
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2005
Location: Hong Kong

Postby fung23 » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:49 pm

hello, lei dei ho!

I m new in this forum. I'd love to join your function or even cantonese Karaoke!

Luckily, i can go back HK once a month! That's why i can continue my 'HK clothing". Anyway, enjoying both HK & Singapore life, very nice!

Looking forward to meet you guys! :D

TMF
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Postby TMF » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:12 am

hello fung23

wish u can teach me to sing one of these days


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest