Singapore Expats Forum

Best one liner for ONS?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:03 am

EADG wrote:
locallass wrote:Sorry not every one will share your sense of humour. I thought you would have learnt your lesson after trying to explain you didn't mean to sound as heartless as your post in the other thread. Unfortunately I was wrong.

well, only here

maybe it's only you who feels that way, and if so, my sincere apologies, as no offense was directed at you, and most people who know me know I'm nothing like how I appear to be in your mind, to find some way to denigrate someone as harmless and self-depreciating as me - oh well, chalk it up to the nuances of the written word...

last thing I'd want to do is be this week's target for locallass' angst, but the "lesson learning" comment so cleary demonstrates the crux of the issue

what a wierd way to see things

peace, sister

And you're asking for peace? :???:

May I remind you:

EADG wrote:
EADG wrote:Say man, Saw your wife the other day. Yeah, she's ugly.

She's ugly but she sure can cook.

for those who might have taken this the wrong way and think I'm a heartless bastard:

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:04 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:I am with locallass here, this is way out of line, you're rude here. Hers is just an opinion, but you get personal and nasty with this remark.
Eric

Eric, I love you like a brother and you are entitled to your opinion, I just happen to disagree with this one, because I found her remark the nasty and personal one, didn't you?

I dunno, maybe she brings this out in people, no one else has with me

anyway, as I said in the post before I saw this, apologies all-around
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:07 am

locallass wrote:May I remind you:

EADG wrote:

for those who might have taken this the wrong way and think I'm a heartless bastard:

wow, you really don't get it, do you?

if you don't believe me, just ask SMS, he got it

just drop it locallass and get on with the positive vibes that were here before you piped in
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:07 am

Blame it on the full moon!!

I think I can decide where and how I should contribute, thanks anyways for the advice Eric.

Locallass, I have no idea about your past, the only past I was referring to was where you mentioned in this thread that someone asked you the same question. Thought maybe that had hurt you in some way.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:08 am

All I said was - Is this supposed to be funny? :roll:

Is this considered personal? And nasty?

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:10 am

EADG wrote:
locallass wrote:May I remind you:

EADG wrote:

wow, you really don't get it, do you?

if you don't believe me, just ask SMS, he got it

just drop it locallass and get on with the positive vibes that were here before you piped in

I'm not saying that SMS was offended, that he didn't "get it".

But as you yourself have demonstrated an awareness of, not everyone shares the same sense of humour. I am just reminding you of this fact.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:16 am

sapphire wrote:Blame it on the full moon!!

I think I can decide where and how I should contribute, thanks anyways for the advice Eric.

Locallass, I have no idea about your past, the only past I was referring to was where you mentioned in this thread that someone asked you the same question. Thought maybe that had hurt you in some way.

Sapphire, locallass didnot refer to her past, it is just a tasteless and rude comment of EADG throwing this in, where she just made a comment about whether something was funny.

Could you all please stop this?

Eric

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:22 am

locallass wrote:But as you yourself have demonstrated an awareness of, not everyone shares the same sense of humour. I am just reminding you of this fact.

you've demonstrated you completely missed the point (again)

"reminding me"? "of a fact"? Earth to locallass!

looks like this is going to be another of your diatribes, so I will put this to rest here and now, you can retort with what you will, any more and I am guilty of stooping to be sucked into this further:

it was not about anyone sharing (my?) sense of humour, it was a follow-on of the thread, of the song posted, one that you may not know but I knew that SMS would (and he did, as confirmed in a PM) so anyone taking offense to that (especially as it wasn't SMS, who's wife we were talking about!) would simply have not followed the thread

I mean, come on, who would say such a thing?!

I guess the real issue is why locallass allows herself to get riled so with these things - really, these are not as you are seeing them, and, I mean you no ill-will.

I really meant it, peace out.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:24 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Could you all please stop this?
Eric

stopped
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:26 am

Ok now that you've spoken in such a manner and pointed out that it's really my issue, I'm sure we're inclined towards a peace out.

Whatever you say EADG.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:48 am

(tiptoes in and glances around 8-[ )

er... is it safe now? i just wanted to say that at my age i'd be quite flattered if someone called me a little girl, ha ha.

anyway seriously, without kicking up the dust again, i was just thinking that so many of life's misunderstandings and quarrels are because we unknowingly brush against someone else's past and have to deal with demons we don't even know exist till they jump out at us. and we all have demons (except sapphire of course, they're all terrified of her! :lol: )

maybe that's why things like ONS can be a relief sometimes. no strings attached and no emotions to deal with. interesting how the posts here are all about men trying to pick up women. don't women pick men up too?

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 1:05 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:maybe that's why things like ONS can be a relief sometimes. no strings attached and no emotions to deal with.

wow, so cool to hear a woman say that, without there being any fear of it being taken out of context

Wind In My Hair wrote:interesting how the posts here are all about men trying to pick up women. don't women pick men up too?

yeah, why is that? and why don't they? (must be me...)
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 1:17 am

EADG, having a late night too huh? or are you still in japan... i forget if there's any time difference. for me it's one of those nights where it's just too wonderful being alive to go to sleep. ever feel that way?

i don't know why other women don't pick men up. i know i don't cos i find it hard to separate sex from emotion. so i'm not sure i can deal with ONS. also i have that catholic guilt complex that it's just not right to do something like that.

maybe someday when im old and lonely and desperate i'll go pick someone up and have a TMR (temporary meaningless relationship). gosh what would i say then? i can't even come back and read this thread cos there are no pointers for women!

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 2:05 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:EADG, having a late night too huh? or are you still in japan... i forget if there's any time difference.

yeah, and, no, I'm back, and it's an hour earlier

I should be asleep, was very tired today and have a big day tomorrow, but betwen these threads and playing music and the late arrival I'm wide awake

Wind In My Hair wrote:for me it's one of those nights where it's just too wonderful being alive to go to sleep.

ever feel that way?

sometimes, but not tonight, confrontation is not one of the things I'm equipped to enjoy

Wind In My Hair wrote:i don't know why other women don't pick men up. i know i don't cos i find it hard to separate sex from emotion. so i'm not sure i can deal with ONS. also i have that catholic guilt complex that it's just not right to do something like that.

..until we're adults, when we learn the folly behind (some of) that - I think I'm too tired to explain what the heck I mean by that...

but I also don't think all guys separate it either (not saying you're saying that)

I think about this stuff a lot recently, the separation of we as animals to the beings we will become when we pass into the next world, how so much (or all) of what we do is related to propagation of the species but in the afterlife, it's something completly different, rendering much of what we did on Earth as folly

I think

Wind In My Hair wrote:maybe someday when im old and lonely and desperate i'll go pick someone up and have a TMR (temporary meaningless relationship). gosh what would i say then? i can't even come back and read this thread cos there are no pointers for women!

well, if it's truly meaningless then it wouldn't matter what was said, but if it were more than that, whatever came naturally that made a mutual spark might make it less, you know...

so, ONS lines.....hmmm...why don't I/you sit on your/my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that pops up?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 2:58 am

EADG wrote:yeah, and, no, I'm back, and it's an hour earlier

thanks. and what's with the commas? you turning into that sqx dude? :P oh dear that was bad of me.

EADG wrote:I should be asleep, was very tired today and have a big day tomorrow, but betwen these threads and playing music and the late arrival I'm wide awake

well my wonderful-to-be-alive euphoria is turning into insomnia, darn. just poured myself a bailey's and hoping that'll do the trick soon. hope you get some rest and that tomorrow goes well.

EADG wrote:confrontation is not one of the things I'm equipped to enjoy

i know, i'm like that too. and i've been thinking about confrontation lately. started a thread on it too. heard of the judo trick? when someone expects you to resist, you release. catches them off balance. the biblical advice to turn the other cheek also works well. not always of course. there are some things worth fighting and even dying for. but most day-to-day squabbles are a waste of time and energy. just let it go, give the other person a face-saving way out, and get on with life. says i anyway.

EADG wrote:in the afterlife, it's something completly different, rendering much of what we did on Earth as folly

amen to that.

EADG wrote:so, ONS lines.....hmmm...why don't I/you sit on your/my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that pops up?

if i/you sit on your/my lap the first 'thing' that 'pops up' is not the kind of thing you 'talk' to... :lol: