Singapore Expats Forum

Best one liner for ONS?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

varun
Regular
Regular

Postby varun » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:53 am

What an AWESOME movie! :-)

- V.

Baron Greenback wrote:
"how much for the little girl?"

actually it comes from a fantastic film "The Blues Brothers":

Jake: How much for the little girl? The women? How much for the women?
Customer: What?
Jake: The women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your children!
Customer: Maitre D! Maitre D!
The easiest home monitoring service worldwide - and it's free. www.homecamera.com

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:58 am

I concur Varun. It is possibly my all time favorite, I have lost count how many times I have seen it, but for a long time everytime I did watch it I found a new joke that I had previously missed.

The follow ups have been very dissapointing but they did have a very hard act to follow.
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 4:37 pm

I was always partial to:

'It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.'

T2K
Regular
Regular

Postby T2K » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 6:18 pm

locallass wrote:What a cop out T2K. I'm just curious how forward local girls are and your answer tells nothing at all :?

Actually, my answer tells everything. Some are very forward, some can't even handle being spoken to by an angmoh. If you are looking for big generalizations about "local girls", you won't get them from me. Check with the guys who have been here less then three months, they seem to know it all!

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 8:34 pm

locallass wrote:
EADG wrote:"how much for the little girl?"

the only words spoken by a hungover, still-drunk college sophomore, straight-faced, in a deadpan voice, to a woman who had the poor sense to bring her gradeschool daughter to sell Girl Scout cookies at a college apartment complex on a Sunday morning

Is this supposed to be funny? :roll:

jeeze, lighten up will ya?

I mean really, what the hell happened to you in your past anyway? and I base that response on having read more than a few of your postings

don't answer that, I don't really want to know
Last edited by EADG on Tue, 15 Nov 2005 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 8:42 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:I concur Varun. It is possibly my all time favorite, I have lost count how many times I have seen it, but for a long time everytime I did watch it I found a new joke that I had previously missed.

The follow ups have been very dissapointing but they did have a very hard act to follow.

My favorite is Spinal Tap. Seen it 20 imes, easy. Something new everytime. A gem.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 8:46 pm

when the woman hurried away, after putting herself between her daughter and the guy at the door, her face ashen, the room remained completely silent

the door closed, and after a long pause where the five or six of us just looked at each other in disbelief, then we all simultaneously burst into laughter, to the point of tears

might have been the funniest moment of the year

ya simply had ta be there....and allow yourself a sense of college humor

speaking of which, The Blues Brothers was mentioned as a classic, but so was Animal House, also starring Belushi in one of his best roles

"Otis my man!"

".....mind if we dance with your dates?...."

one must not forget Fast Times At Ridgemont High, best role I ever saw Sean Penn in, he's a better burnout than Keanu Reeves ever was

but still, the one I saw the most times was The Holy Grail
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:57 pm

The Blues Brothers, I must watch again. Don't be shocked Ma'am Viceroy, but I haven't seen Spinal Tap. :o
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:15 pm

sapphire wrote:\ Don't be shocked Ma'am Viceroy, but I haven't seen Spinal Tap. :o

can be quite expensive, after seeing it I had my amps customized to go to 11
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:18 pm

EADG wrote:
"Otis my man!"

".....mind if we dance with your dates?...."

This girl wore her bed sheet as a toga and danced to Otis Day and the Knights live at the Student Union.

It would be a toss up for me between Holy Grail and Spinal Tap.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:08 pm

EADG wrote:
locallass wrote:

the only words spoken by a hungover, still-drunk college sophomore, straight-faced, in a deadpan voice, to a woman who had the poor sense to bring her gradeschool daughter to sell Girl Scout cookies at a college apartment complex on a Sunday morning

I mean really, what the hell happened to you in your past anyway? and I base that response on having read more than a few of your postings

If you don't want to know, then don't ask :twisted:

Sorry not every one will share your sense of humour. I thought you would have learnt your lesson after trying to explain you didn't mean to sound as heartless as your post in the other thread. Unfortunately I was wrong.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:37 pm

Cut him some slack, locallass. The line is from a movie, and if you read carefully, EADG did say that the woman had the poor sense to bring her grade school daughter...

What happened to you is in your past, time to move on, don't you think? Dwell too much on your past and you will only get bitter.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:50 pm

Sapphire, please excuse me then for having moved beyond Sophomore humour. Yes the world revolves around college students. People deserve every bit to be made fun of for *gasp* daring to intrude! On a Sunday no less, when they're all hung over.

After all, anyone else who disagrees must either have no sense of humour or a sick and twisted past, don't you think?

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:57 pm

EADG wrote:
locallass wrote:

EADG,

I am with locallass here, this is way out of line, you're rude here. Hers is just an opinion, but you get personal and nasty with this remark.

Sapphire, you should not contribute either.

Eric

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:58 pm

locallass wrote:Sorry not every one will share your sense of humour. I thought you would have learnt your lesson after trying to explain you didn't mean to sound as heartless as your post in the other thread. Unfortunately I was wrong.

well, only here

maybe it's only you who feels that way, and if so, my sincere apologies, as no offense was directed at you, and most people who know me know I'm nothing like how I appear to be in your mind, to find some way to denigrate someone as harmless and self-depreciating as me - oh well, chalk it up to the nuances of the written word...

last thing I'd want to do is be this week's target for locallass' angst, but the "lesson learning" comment so cleary demonstrates the crux of the issue

what a wierd way to see things

peace, sister
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape