Singapore Expats Forum

Best one liner for ONS?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 4:27 pm

What, no one has done the "Come to my place and *cough* check out my CD collection" line before?

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 4:32 pm

The best is:

"Hi, I'm bangladeshi_wonder."


Though that may only attract homosexual men. Better be careful with that one.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed, 25 Aug 2004
Location: Wales, UK

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 4:45 pm

Ha ha ha, am really laughing here SE!
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 5:19 pm

Bubbles wrote:Ha ha ha, am really laughing here SE!


Bubbles, you should just fly over here and make my fantasies a reality! :o

T2K
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2005
Location: SG

Postby T2K » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 5:21 pm

"Bar's closing. So, how?"

No really, lines suck. You are either in, and can say nothing or anything you want OR you are out no matter what you say.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 5:37 pm

"So how?" is so Singlish :lol:

Just curious- if you leave it to the girls (and I mean the Singaporean girls), do they actually ask to go home with you?

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005
Location: Bedford Falls

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 5:54 pm

Bremen wrote:The best is:

"Hi, I'm bangladeshi_wonder."


Though that may only attract homosexual men. Better be careful with that one.


I think that's the only one so far that would hold my attention for the second line.... :)

T2K
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2005
Location: SG

Postby T2K » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:12 pm

locallass wrote:"So how?" is so Singlish :lol:

Just curious- if you leave it to the girls (and I mean the Singaporean girls), do they actually ask to go home with you?


By your username you are apparently one of "them" so I guess you would know that "they" aren't all the same.

"Let's go to your place now" to "don't even think you are getting anywhere tonight" and everything in between is the best answer I can give.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:29 pm

What a cop out T2K. I'm just curious how forward local girls are and your answer tells nothing at all :?

User avatar
EADG
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu, 01 Sep 2005

Postby EADG » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:15 am

"how much for the little girl?"

the only words spoken by a hungover, still-drunk college sophomore, straight-faced, in a deadpan voice, to a woman who had the poor sense to bring her gradeschool daughter to sell Girl Scout cookies at a college apartment complex on a Sunday morning
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 7:50 am

EADG wrote:"how much for the little girl?"


a bit off topic, but reminds me of the group that took their name after a shop... someone asked what he could buy there, and the answer was "everything but the girl". what a cool name.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 9:42 am

EADG wrote:"how much for the little girl?"

the only words spoken by a hungover, still-drunk college sophomore, straight-faced, in a deadpan voice, to a woman who had the poor sense to bring her gradeschool daughter to sell Girl Scout cookies at a college apartment complex on a Sunday morning


Is this supposed to be funny? :roll:

User avatar
varun
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby varun » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:08 am

Dunno if it's supposed to be... but it IS. :lol:

locallass wrote:
EADG wrote:"how much for the little girl?"

the only words spoken by a hungover, still-drunk college sophomore, straight-faced, in a deadpan voice, to a woman who had the poor sense to bring her gradeschool daughter to sell Girl Scout cookies at a college apartment complex on a Sunday morning


Is this supposed to be funny? :roll:
The easiest home monitoring service worldwide - and it's free. www.homecamera.com

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:24 am

Okay Varun. But I didn't find it funny because I once had that line used on me. I was all buttoned up in a business suit by the way, and lugging a laptop. I was pretty offended by it. If anyone dares to use it on my grand daughter, he’d better be prepared for a nasty reaction from me :x

User avatar
Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon, 20 Jun 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:33 am

"how much for the little girl?"


actually it comes from a fantastic film "The Blues Brothers":

Jake: How much for the little girl? The women? How much for the women?
Customer: What?
Jake: The women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your children!
Customer: Maitre D! Maitre D!
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest