Singapore Expats

Blonde Answer on Geometry Test

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:28 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:thanks, sapph. didn't know you were aussie. :P

hey vaucluse, isn't it time you changed your signature? if you're getting a new place here does that mean you've already decided?

WIMH, irrespective of the job, my primary stipulation is to stay in Singapore - having two interviews tomorrow, one is the second round and the other is a new one.
The first one required me to be in Australia for two weeks every month - not something I relaish at the moment.
The second is ASEAN-based and means the same amount of travel and the last one is APAC-wide again . . . lots of travel . . .

What's a boy to do?

'nuff said Image

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:11 pm

Vaucluse wrote:WIMH, irrespective of the job, my primary stipulation is to stay in Singapore
ah, that's grand news.
Vaucluse wrote:What's a boy to do?
most boys decide what they want to become when they're men then work towards it. no seriously... where do you want your life to be 5-10 years down the road... take the job that will get you closest to where you want to go. my 2 cents. :mrgreen:

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:36 am

Vaucluse - good luck wherever it takes you

but, better for us if it's here

Bart

Post by Bart » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:45 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:WIMH, irrespective of the job, my primary stipulation is to stay in Singapore
ah, that's grand news.
most boys decide what they want to become when they're men then work towards it. no seriously... where do you want your life to be 5-10 years down the road... take the job that will get you closest to where you want to go. my 2 cents. :mrgreen:

That looks a 2cents of worth of dress you're wearing there :shock:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:51 am

Bart wrote:That looks a 2cents of worth of dress you're wearing there :shock:
ah, finally, someone notices. yes, i don't splurge on clothes, cos when you're a ravishing beauty you can wear a rag and still look like a million dollars! :cool:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 8:43 am

EADG wrote:Vaucluse - good luck wherever it takes you

but, better for us if it's here

Many thanks, EADG - I'm definitely staying here now!!! :wink:

WIMH - 15 years from now? Wow, the last time I heard that was 15 years ago and I didn't have a clue then and I still don't. I think that life just dishes up all sorts of wobblies that makes planning impossible - unless you're a public servant and know how much you will earn 15 years down the track.

Hmm, now where will I be in 15 days? Doable.
15 months - getting dicey.
15 years?????? Yikes - hopefuly still breathing without the aide of a mechanical contraption.

(I like your dress - Million dollars - absolutely)

'nuff said Image

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:47 am

Vaucluse wrote:(I like your dress - Million dollars - absolutely)
aw come here you darling boy... :kiss:
Vaucluse wrote:WIMH - 15 years from now? Wow, the last time I heard that was 15 years ago and I didn't have a clue then and I still don't.

well i can safely predict that 15 years down you'll need reading glasses... in fact looks like you need them now! i said 5 (to 10) years, not 15 years. :P

well ok then, here's plan B, according to the cheshire cat in alice in wonderland: if you don't know where you want to go, then any direction will do. :D

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 1:53 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:well ok then, here's plan B, according to the cheshire cat in alice in wonderland: if you don't know where you want to go, then any direction will do. :D
Question is, should we rely on a smartass cat's wisdom? Its making a lot of sense to me right now though. :-|
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:12 pm

As WIMH has proven - I'd go with the cat as well . . .

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 7:55 am

Bart wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
ah, that's grand news.
I'm confused, isn't he she talking to Vaucluse here -- or do you guys do a better jobat 'turning the other cheek'?

That looks a 2cents of worth of dress you're wearing there :shock: