Singapore Expats Forum

Little Britain

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Little Britain

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 1:32 pm

Good news for fans of this hilarious series, the 3rd series is being released in the UK next week.

Some photos of the new characters:
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/4421002.stm

When will it come to Singapore? God knows, but if you are computer savvy you will be able to find & download on the QT via BT

when it comes here they will probably butcher it with censorship, am I right? "yeah but not but yeah but no" :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rose_YG » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 1:40 pm

Love that comedy !! Good one..
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 3:47 pm

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, they thought I was the only gay in the village cos I watch it, yeah, but, they said, 'I don't like it' and yeah but it sooooooooo good yeah? and then he grossed me out like yeah? cos you seen him and his bitty and no but yeah he should be put down right yeah? and then there's that git he pushes round yeah but he's TOTALLY a scream like yeah cos he's not disabled yeah? and when he calls for MAARRGRETT, mAARRGRETT....WELL yeah, it totally grosses me out......

and words to that effect, only the peeps who just love Little Britain will know what the hell I mean...

I can't wait for it to start....the black woman who's a friend of Bubbles, the totally totally gross fat woman in the spa.....did you know I forgot she was Bubbles till long after I chose my nick, do you think I've got secret desires to be her.............oh yuckkkkkkkkkk.

Bring it on I say, the madder the better.

Sorry if it offends, but it isn't just me who finds it funny. I think the greater part of Britain loves it too.

Yeah but no but yeah

Luv Vicky......
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 4:58 pm

Bubbles - daaarling :D

love your post,

"I want that one"
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Hemingway

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 6:12 pm

Yeah but no but can I wyte fe feem music, sing fe feem music?
I don't like that one...........

Personally I can't WAIT to see the 'prime minister' in his leather posing pouch and whip. He is so yummy.

So is David Walliams in a weird, tall, stretched leery way.

Yeah it's so gross that they're saying I sold my baby for a Westlife CD .....yeah but grossout.. not the last one, p'raps the next one yeah?....

Dylan Thomas.

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ringo100 » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:26 pm

I hope it's as good as the first series with a few more hillarious caractors. I think some of the old one may be getting a little worn out.

Also, has anyone seen Extras? Not seen it yet. Not here in Singapore for ages.

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Loops » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 6:10 pm

Little Britain is coming back yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

wheyheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

............how many pages is that?

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 7:51 pm

Yeah like I'm sooooooooooooooooo embarrassed cos I said like a Westlife CD and it's so not. That Sharon who was snogging with Wayne in chemistry like she said she wasn't but she so was cos all of us was watching and yeah like he had hickeys and like she don't care cos she had it off wiv free of form four down the youth club on Friday, gross and anyway she said sell if for some fags like yeah but no but I said what you fink I am some sort of slag yeah and she said Wayne wos selling cd's yeah and.............................

on and on and on till you realise she's furious NOT because someone accused her of selling her baby for a CD but because someone thought she'd sold it for a WESTLIFE CD when it was really............a BACKSTREET boys cd.....or something like that....

Sorry, that's my favourite bit of Vicky, when she comes into school with a fag in her hand, skirt up to her bum, hair tied half up half down, pink shiny zip up top, a triple or quadruple buggy full of her kids.........

You have to see it to know what I mean, and sorry if you're offended, but it is true genius character making...

Dylan Thomas.

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:02 pm

Always loved LB.

When they started telecasting on star...I was regularly watching it week after week and spoke about it to my flatmate who almost always missed it; and then one day he made it on time and guess which characters were playing...

He watched Emily Haward and her girlfriend in action first (already giving me the curious look) and it was followed by 'bitty'.....he just cleared his throat and left the living room ...I went so meek, I couldnt get myself to ask him to sit through the next set of characters!!

The moment was hilarious ..though am sure he questioned my sense of humour.

I enjoy Fat Busters the best. :D

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:38 am

It is out there now! uknova.com :D :D

Hemingway

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 5:50 pm

Saw the first in the new series last night. Not sure if it's as funny as before. Even for me some of the new characters, i.e. the old lady in the supermarket with the bladder prob....bit OTT, but I'll hang judgement till it gets into it's stride.
Still love Vicky Pollard and the opposing girl gangs and the dancing in the park, hilarious.

Dylan Thomas.

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shilo2010 » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:44 am

[quote="Bubbles"]Yeah but, no but, yeah but, they thought I was the only gay in the village cos I watch it, yeah, but, they said, 'I don't like it' and yeah but it sooooooooo good yeah? and then he grossed me out like yeah? cos you seen him and his bitty and no but yeah he should be put down right yeah? and then there's that git he pushes round yeah but he's TOTALLY a scream like yeah cos he's not disabled yeah? and when he calls for MAARRGRETT, mAARRGRETT....WELL yeah, it totally grosses me out......

quote]

Not often I actualy Laugh when reading post's Bubbles.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How did you get up there ?
I fell.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:54 am

Bubbs, I watched it the other day, I know what you mean about the incontinent lady, I guess they are pushing the joke with the women who threw up at the fairs.

I did like Bubbles & Desire(?) wrestling at the health spa. And I thought Ting Tong the mail order bride was funny as well "here is my family, I hope one day they come live with us" while she unfurls a load of photos.

I agree not as initialliy hilarious as their previous efforts, but I too will keep watching :D

Hemingway

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:21 pm

They were only taking the p1ss. But an incontience charity has had a go at little britain for the sketch with the woman weeing on the shop floor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4460876.stm

Who was it who said there was no such thing as bad publicity?

Hemingway