Singapore Expats Forum
 

Acupuncture for Slimming

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
pinkhippo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:24 pm

Acupuncture for Slimming

Post by pinkhippo » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 4:44 pm

I have been toying with the idea of going to aimin slimming centre for quite sometime. They use acupuncture only and there's no creams or pills to buy.

Have anyone tried it? Can you share your experience?

Check them out at www.aimin.com.sg

Thanks

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Eunos

Re: Acupuncture for Slimming

Post by kk_lass » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 6:23 pm

pinkhippo wrote:I have been toying with the idea of going to aimin slimming centre for quite sometime. They use acupuncture only and there's no creams or pills to buy.

Have anyone tried it? Can you share your experience?

Check them out at www.aimin.com.sg

Thanks
Hi pinkhippo,
i think they will also come up with a diet plan for u to follow in order to achieve 'max best results'. And u have to bear the sensation of the needle.. plus 'holes' all over the body..

It does help for some... But eventually, u also have to cut down on intake otherwise nothing will help.

My 'sister' used to work at Aimin.
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

User avatar
kitin82
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 2:52 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Acupuncture for Slimming

Post by kitin82 » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 5:34 pm

kk_lass wrote:
pinkhippo wrote:I have been toying with the idea of going to aimin slimming centre for quite sometime. They use acupuncture only and there's no creams or pills to buy.

Have anyone tried it? Can you share your experience?

Check them out at www.aimin.com.sg

Thanks
Hi pinkhippo,
i think they will also come up with a diet plan for u to follow in order to achieve 'max best results'. And u have to bear the sensation of the needle.. plus 'holes' all over the body..

It does help for some... But eventually, u also have to cut down on intake otherwise nothing will help.

My 'sister' used to work at Aimin.
Hi kk_lass

I wanna check with you, is Aimin a good place to try acupuncture for weight loss? I did try this kind of acupuncture a year ago (in other country though), it did help me lose up to 8 kg, but after i stop, i gain back even more... =(

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Eunos

Re: Acupuncture for Slimming

Post by kk_lass » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 5:56 pm

kitin82 wrote: Hi kk_lass

I wanna check with you, is Aimin a good place to try acupuncture for weight loss? I did try this kind of acupuncture a year ago (in other country though), it did help me lose up to 8 kg, but after i stop, i gain back even more... =(
Hi, i think Aimin is the commercialized place for acupuncture for slimming. They advertised themselves as such..

Good if acupuncture can help u lose weight. However, what it will do is to help curb ur craving and also to 'increase' ur metabolism.. U still need to take care of ur input. THe idea is that once u eat lesser, ur stomach should be 'smaller' then in future u will not be eating more.. as ur stomach is already adjusted.. :)
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

pinkhippo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:24 pm

Post by pinkhippo » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 3:16 pm

Hello

thanks a lot. Still thinking whether should go try or not, cos I have low threshold for pain. Can't stand the sight of having needles poking into me.

Thanks for the reply.

User avatar
kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Eunos

Post by kk_lass » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:52 pm

pinkhippo wrote:Hello

thanks a lot. Still thinking whether should go try or not, cos I have low threshold for pain. Can't stand the sight of having needles poking into me.

Thanks for the reply.
hehe .. i also have low threshold for pain.. :P
Why dun u try detox?? It can help to slim down..
and at same time, cleanse ur system of toxics.. can help prevent colon cancer!

cheers
:wink:
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

lovelyJen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:31 am

Post by lovelyJen » Sat, 30 Jan 2010 8:46 am

is acupunture pain? will there be any side effect?

health is beauty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:30 am

Post by health is beauty » Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:38 am

acupuncture is totally painless. my friend tried acupuncture slimming. he's really happy with the results :D actually i have quite a lot of friends who went through acupuncture to slim down and they really did. i think the best thing is that they can still manage to maintain the figure for 1 yr plus and counting (:
cheers!

dancingking
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:35 am
Location: Serangoon

Post by dancingking » Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:52 am

i think exercising is also essential in slimming.. cannot solely depend on acupunture alone. i've seen real life examples of people who really slim down after going through acupunture program. it's really good cos there's no yo-yo effect.

russianred
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 7:17 pm

Post by russianred » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 7:36 pm

hi,

i've also been considering acupuncture slimming.. does anyone have anywhere to recommend for it? it sounds scary and i don't think getting it done anywhere is wise.. like non-licensed practitioners, etc..

anyone care to share their experience?

clarice1988
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:00 am

sharing my experience in acupuncture slimming

Post by clarice1988 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:08 pm

hi everyone!

saw that some of you were interested in acupuncture slimming.. i am currently with aimin now... i would say that its pretty useful for those who also include exercise in their regime and also, those who are really serious and will be careful with their diet...

i went for a free trial for the first time.. and the physician poked about 15 needles ( if i didnt remember wrongly) into me.. on my belly and my thigh and calves...surprising, its not as painful as i expected..

after i signed on my package ( damage of 1888, but i am paying by instalment), for the first 3 visits, i had to visit them consecutively...and with the 1888 that flew away, i decided that i must really lose the extra weight... :D

i guess it works pretty well for me, cause my bf compleimented that my tummy and legs are slimmer!!!yayy!!!

oh yes, they take your weight everytime you are there, so maybe because of that, you will be more conscious of what you are putting into your body...

hope this helps :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37658
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: sharing my experience in acupuncture slimming

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:54 pm

clarice1988 wrote:... i would say that its pretty useful for those who also include exercise in their regime and also, those who are really serious and will be careful with their diet...
The problem is, if you want to lose weight, it's been proven that watching your diet and and exercise regime will help you to lose weight. So you see, using acupuncture as well is just a waste of money as it's not needed if you still need the other two for it to work as the other two already work without it. :roll:

lovebear
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 2:28 pm

Post by lovebear » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 2:59 pm

According to Chinese TCM practitioners, acupuncture do not aid in slimming. Rather, it help in better blood circulation and detox. In the process, there is lesser water retention, thus the "effect" of being slimming.

To effectively lose weight, its best to exercise and take in lesser calories. :)

WeightP
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 1:02 am
Location: Singapore

Post by WeightP » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 7:29 pm

Is it painful? I heard from my sister-in-law its painful, long time ago she did before.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8342
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 8:29 pm

acupuncture alone will work for weight loss...

...if you're a balloon

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests