Singapore Expats Forum

Anybody done permanent tattoo?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Anybody done permanent tattoo?

Postby jovinliu » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:21 pm

Anybody here done tattoo? Can you describe the procedure and the pain level? I want to tattoo a snake on the area above my butt. Why snake? you may be asking... ha, first of all, i am a snake according to my zodiac sign. Secondly, snakes shed skin representing a new life, and that is what i want after what happened in my previous relationship. It's that simple :)

User avatar
BabyJo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005

Postby BabyJo » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:40 am

I hv 2 tatto. one on my back right shoulder, the other one at my lower back. it's painful but bearable. it's more painful at area where there is less skin and near the bone area. I can recommend you a tatto shop at Hereen (BodyDecor). His name his Gerard and his skill is good. If you are under 18, he won't entertain

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 7:16 pm

If you have it done near bone or muscle it can be painful.

They start by doing the outline which is like continuously scrapped by a sharp needle. This is the most painful part. The colouring/shading in is relatively painless as it's 6/8 very small needles pricking the skin.

Depending on the size they might not do to all in a single sitting, they normally say an hour is enough at any one time.

User avatar
S_Perumal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue, 30 Oct 2012

Price

Postby S_Perumal » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 8:01 am

For an A4 size Tatoo how much he charge...

I came to know from an another Ad as 600$

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby Steve1960 » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:33 am

Depends on your personal pain threshold, everyone is different. After two episodes of spinal surgery when I had my tattoo done I couldn't see what all the fuss was about :-)

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:50 pm

Steve1960 wrote:Depends on your personal pain threshold, everyone is different. After two episodes of spinal surgery when I had my tattoo done I couldn't see what all the fuss was about :-)


It only hurts for the initial prick. After a while, as that needle oscillates as it embeds the ink, your skin just kinda goes numb.

And you don't go cheap for a tattoo. Controversial as it is, it's still an artform and you don't want to skimp on it...most especially on the hygiene part! eg: fresh disposable needles, autoclaves, gloves and all that.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby Steve1960 » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 3:17 pm

I soooo want to make the obvious joke but no, I will control myself :wink:

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

Re: Anybody done permanent tattoo?

Postby alittlerisky » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 3:01 pm

jovinliu wrote:Anybody here done tattoo? Can you describe the procedure and the pain level? I want to tattoo a snake on the area above my butt. Why snake? you may be asking... ha, first of all, i am a snake according to my zodiac sign. Secondly, snakes shed skin representing a new life, and that is what i want after what happened in my previous relationship. It's that simple :)


I’ve got tattoos more or less all over both arms… total 9-10 I think. It doesn’t really hurt, falling over and say grazing your knee or stubbing your toe is a lot more painful. Basically the way to tell is to get a toothpick and poke the back if your hand a few times and when it’s a bit too painful, its less than that. It’s the duration more than anything as you can be sitting there for hours (one of mine took 4-5 hours) and it just gets bloody boring. They also say not to drink alcohol before as it thins your blood and you bleed more if you’re having a deep penetration ink, but it really makes to difference to the tattoo itself. So whenever I go for a tattoo, I take along a book or laptop to watch a film and a bunch of beer…

And don’t listen to the people who say things like “Well, it may look great now, but what about when you’re 65 years old?â€Â
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

Michael X
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Michael X » Tue, 23 Apr 2013 9:51 am

The pain is dependent on location and style of tattoo. What you are describing, the pain should not be so bad. Initially some minor discomfort, but after a short time the area will be numb and you should be fine.

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:39 pm

nakatago wrote:
Steve1960 wrote:Depends on your personal pain threshold, everyone is different. After two episodes of spinal surgery when I had my tattoo done I couldn't see what all the fuss was about :-)


It only hurts for the initial prick. After a while, as that needle oscillates as it embeds the ink, your skin just kinda goes numb.

And you don't go cheap for a tattoo. Controversial as it is, it's still an artform and you don't want to skimp on it...most especially on the hygiene part! eg: fresh disposable needles, autoclaves, gloves and all that.


That's Jimmy Saville's, Gary Glitter's and Rolf Harris' famous line.......

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby Steve1960 » Thu, 25 Apr 2013 4:59 pm

I wasn't surprised about most of the names that have come out of the scandal but Rolf Harris? Shocked and devastated :(

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Thu, 25 Apr 2013 8:40 pm

Steve1960 wrote:I wasn't surprised about most of the names that have come out of the scandal but Rolf Harris? Shocked and devastated :(


I think a few more (surprises) will float up to the top of the cesspit, Steve.....

Maybe we should do a sweep-stake as a separate thread; now there's an idea for wasting a few hours tomorrow afternoon!

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby Steve1960 » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 2:58 pm

I couldn't stand it, too many of my childhood hero's are or could be involved!

I wanted to be in Gary Glitter's gang in the 70's!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests