This week's WNDC, Nov 9th, will be at Sound Bar

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

This week's WNDC, Nov 9th, will be at Sound Bar

Postby Deadpoet » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:27 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late post. Was a bit under the influence yesterday.

This week's WNDC will be back to one of my favourite, Sound Bar.

It's located behind the Galleria Hotel, right by the Singapore River.

As usual, everyone is welcome, and see you there at 8pm.
Deadpoet
Carpe Diem

poetry in motion
Regular
Regular

Postby poetry in motion » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 1:32 pm

'tis a good thing to have pals help mark the passing of another eventful year eh DP? :D

Anyway, for newbies who have yet to discover this chillout place, it's
Sound Bar @ The Liquid Room
76 Robertson Quay
01/05 The Gallery Hotel
http://www.liquidroom.com.sg/
URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Re: This week's WNDC, Nov 9th, will be at Sound Bar

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 4:20 pm

Deadpoet wrote:This week's WNDC will be back to one of my favourite, Sound Bar.

Well, what can I say.... :-|

Eric

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 9:40 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Well, what can I say.... :-| Eric

Well... silence is golden, so I've heard... :-|

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 2:14 am

Eric, I'm getting ready for my dinner here...

So what shall I drink? Hoegaarden, Chimay, Duvel, Rocheforte, Brigand, De Koninck, Grimbergen, Leffe, Maredsous or Rodenbach ?? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Let's go to Oosters when I am back... :wink:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

D_Man

lost & found

Postby D_Man » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:12 am

& whoever was torn apart from his umbrella at iguana last week may PM/email me to arrange for an emotional reunion.

LAST CALL!!!

sonia888
Regular
Regular

Postby sonia888 » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 3:33 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
Deadpoet wrote:This week's WNDC will be back to one of my favourite, Sound Bar.

Well, what can I say.... :-|

Eric

Well, you could for example say : Great choice! :)
And : Thanks for organising, Deadpoet!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 3:43 pm

Sonia,

you really are his spokeswoman, isn't it?

Before it all gets out of proportion, here's my thinking:

Several of us asked for certain locations, but especially Oosters. Deadpoet first doesnot say why not, then tells Carpe Diem it is not a bar but a restaurant (with drinks served) and chooses Iguana, which is exactly like oosters: bar / restaurant.

At the same time deadpoet repeatedly says that on request he chose this and this location.

That in my opinion is a bit 'strange'.

I am ok with whatever place is chosen, I will choose not to come if I don't like it, fine. But pretending that one chooses on request and on behalf of all is a laugh therefore.

Just be straight and say you choose your own places, for whatever reasons.

As for the bonusses, better not start about that.

I might have been a pain in the ass for my last few comments, so be it. Those with some sense of humour will understand, others will not.

Could you forward this message to your superior?

Eric

scoots

Postby scoots » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 3:57 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Sonia,

Several of us asked for certain locations, but especially Oosters. Deadpoet first doesnot say why not, then tells Carpe Diem it is not a bar but a restaurant (with drinks served) and chooses Iguana, which is exactly like oosters: bar / restaurant.

At the same time deadpoet repeatedly says that on request he chose this and this location.

I am ok with whatever place is chosen, I will choose not to come if I don't like it, fine. But pretending that one chooses on request and on behalf of all is a laugh therefore.

I might have been a pain in the ass for my last few comments, so be it. Those with some sense of humour will understand, others will not.

Eric

Persons without a sense of humour cry in the face of envy and despair at those who are born with a sense of humour.....and then act on their behalf!
go hard or go home....

sonia888
Regular
Regular

Postby sonia888 » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 4:03 pm

Eric

1. Everyone, who knows Deadpoet, knows, that he definitely does not need a spokeswoman :) He does that perfectly fine without anybody's assistance. And I would certainly never qualify to speak on his behalf.

2. Things that seem strange to you, may seem perfectly fine to others....

3. Deadpoet doesn't need to justify to anybody, why he chooses some places and doesn't choose others (regardless if it was a request or not). He makes the effort to organise a weekly event and in my views he deserves respect for that.

4. What is wrong with bonusses? :D

5. Would love to inform my boss about this, but unfortunately he is out of town ;-)

Well, maybe we're lucky to meet up on one of the WNDCs and discuss further over beer! :-)

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 4:19 pm

sonia888 wrote:

Eric

1. Everyone, who knows Deadpoet, knows, that he definitely does not need a spokeswoman :) He does that perfectly fine without anybody's assistance. And I would certainly never qualify to speak on his behalf.

2. Thinks that seem strange to you, may seem perfectly fine to others :-)

3. Deadpoet doesn't need to justify to anybody, why he chooses some places and doesn't choose others (regardless if it was a request or not). He makes the effort to organise a weekly event and in my views he deserves respect for that.

5. Would love to inform my boss about this, but unfortunately he is out of town ;-)

Well, maybe we're lucky to meet up on one of the WNDCs and discuss further over beer! :-)

At Oosters?

Eric

sonia888
Regular
Regular

Postby sonia888 » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 4:36 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
sonia888 wrote:

Eric

2. Thinks that seem strange to you, may seem perfectly fine to others :-)

At Oosters?

Eric

At any place, where we both happen to be (at the same time) and where they serve beer :-)

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Sound Bar

Postby Deadpoet » Wed, 09 Nov 2005 4:47 pm

Hi there, see you all tonight. We will most like be gathering outside, close to the bar area.
Deadpoet

Carpe Diem

doghaus

Postby doghaus » Wed, 09 Nov 2005 5:28 pm

I must admit that for weeks, I have taken a guilty pleasure in seeing the WNDC post each Monday and hoping that Oosters isn't chosen, just to see the angst and consternation that gets displayed. (It's the German in me, I think)

I figured by now that the clamor for Oosters would die down, but it hasn't, in fact, if anything, it seems to be increasing, which has me wondering - what's so great about Oosters?

Is it the extra "O"? Are the beers free? Do they have Belgian bar maids who offer free "services" with each pint?

Is there something remarkable about this bar, or is it just the desire to struggle after 3 beers to make your tongue request unpronounceable Belgian beers like "one Alken-Mias Morte Subite Xtreme Framboise please" or "Hoegaarden" instead of something simple like "Tiger".

Inquiring minds want to know . . .
:wink:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 09 Nov 2005 5:45 pm

My own pitfall, I know, but let me say this:

It is not about Oosters, reread what I wrote in that case. If you wanna knwo about Oosters? Go there yourself, find out.

German sense of humour by the way? :wink:

Eric