Singapore Expats Forum

NTUC Shopping Carts

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 5:55 pm

EURIKA!!! Is it possible that there are many more shopping carts like this out there in Singapore? And MAYBE a high percentage of Singaporeans spent their formative years DRIVING these errant shopping carts. And maybe, as a result of this prolonged exposure to four wheeled contraptions that would not hold their course, they slowly began to DRIVE ALL OVER THE ROAD AS A RESULT???

EURIKA!!! SMS - you are a genius! i suggest a full blown trial with control groups.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 9:33 pm

Wham wrote:EURIKA!!! Is it possible that there are many more shopping carts like this out there in Singapore? And MAYBE a high percentage of Singaporeans spent their formative years DRIVING these errant shopping carts. And maybe, as a result of this prolonged exposure to four wheeled contraptions that would not hold their course, they slowly began to DRIVE ALL OVER THE ROAD AS A RESULT???

EURIKA!!! SMS - you are a genius! i suggest a full blown trial with control groups.

And to think of all the forum column inches trying to figure out why they drive the way they do. And I just stumbled across it.

A full blown trial with control groups is out of the question as you have to have a non-affected group to act as the controls. It's too late for that as now they are genetically disposed that way just like their myopic eyesight.

Apologies to WIMH, Locallass, uncle_james and any other regulars of the local persuasion. :mrgreen:

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 9:41 pm

I'd rather not be able to drive because I can't see out of my slant eyes than because I can't see past my big nose.
some signatures are more equal than others

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:A full blown trial with control groups is out of the question as you have to have a non-affected group to act as the controls. It's too late for that as now they are genetically disposed that way just like their myopic eyesight.

Apologies to WIMH, Locallass, uncle_james and any other regulars of the local persuasion. :mrgreen:

what did you say sms? wait hold on... let me look for my glasses...

ah... now i see.

but, but, but, i love to control... so i can be the control group! :lol:

do i get to control you arrogant expats? :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:28 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:but, but, but, i love to control... so i can be the control group! :lol:

do i get to control you arrogant expats? :P

Only if you are on top! :mrgreen:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:42 pm

i AM on top. right now, see? :cool:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Only if you are on top! :mrgreen:

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:45 am

Loved the wayward trolley story. But beware, they are BREEDING...they inhabit the whole world.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 6:32 am

Bubbles wrote:Loved the wayward trolley story. But beware, they are BREEDING...they inhabit the whole world.

This is true. Singapore is not the exception -- I think the US is. It's just once you've trained on one type, you have to relearn cart-driving to keep your self in control...

Good news is that now I can drive a shopping cart anywhere :wink:

(...wait, that's not good news...)