Singapore Expats Forum

Nomination for the most bizarre conversation

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:21 am

Wham wrote:"use my smooth tongue to 'psycho' you"

NICE!!!

Mmm, I liked that bit as well - they are, after all, girls talking to girls . . .

'nuff said Image

Vaucluse
Director
Director

The latest Edition, hot off the presses

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:37 am

The latest Edition, hot off the presses from the not so bright side (not allowed to say dark side)

*starry eye* piggy.... please .... please mahhhh... tell us ... *blink blink blink*

ocean11, hiak hiak, correct, we are sure going to discuss which PS we are going to do next... it's really addictive hor? cannot lah cannot lah, must control lah ... but, we control only after we do the eyelash implant lah, botox lah, mesotherapy lah, dark eye circle removal lah, IPL lah, laser teeth whitening lah, chin implant lah etc etc okie? *evil grin* but hor, i really very interested to do this eyelash implant thingy leh!!!! *drool*

piggy, the contact is a clinic in Singapore, or overseas? You got any info like price etc already? Wah, i got abit worried now because you say not everyone can do, the doc has to do a little test... sad... i got sensitive skin and i always develop keloids when i have deep scars... maybe i not suitable... i want i want!!! *pout*

eh eh ocean11, if this eyelash implant must go Japan do one, i think we siao liao... I will have malaysia jaw and eyes, Taiwan nose and japan eyelash. You will have bangkok nose and japan eyelash... we are both not "local product" liao! hee hee hee...

Piggy... pleaseeeee.... telllllllllll usssssssssssssssss..................

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:53 am

Carpe Diem wrote:My last post was for Vaucluse, so don't worry about the meaning.

I did post to Vaucluse, but thanks for responding, CD. I'm not worried, just annoyed. Maybe I should post in Hindi now or any other Indian language! Grrrrrrrrrrr.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 12:07 pm

sapphire wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:My last post was for Vaucluse, so don't worry about the meaning.

I did post to Vaucluse, but thanks for responding, CD. I'm not worried, just annoyed. Maybe I should post in Hindi now or any other Indian language! Grrrrrrrrrrr.

You can have happy posts with rpammi . . .
(it was a nice thing, by the way, bijou = jewel - sapphire)

My hindi:

"ehehhehe", as posted by rpammi and plagiarised by me - although now that I have referenced it, it is no longer plagiarism, is it?!

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 2:25 pm

Man, that was great fun reading these 'beauty' postings on the not so bright side...

Sheesh... I would get so lost if I'd be surrounded by these kind of women... :shock:

Let them implant their eyelashes, double d-cups and add some triple eyelids on their lower backs, who cares, as if it would make a difference. I mean, who would ever wanna be in the company of such low self esteem wackos anyway... :shock:

Vaucluse, you scan them and report here ok, good laughs... :D :D :D

Eric

ps. Guess the cosmetic surgeons here make quite a bit of money...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 2:33 pm

Sheesh... I would get so lost if I'd be surrounded by these kind of women...

The scary thing is, Eric, we are surrounded by these women . . . People like this actually have disposable income (surgery, trips to Japan, Taiwan...). . . frightening . . .

'nuff said Image

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 4:04 pm

heck Eric - these chicks do appear to do the "smooth tongue PSYCHO" thing so there IS something worthwhile coming out of all this cosmetic surgery...
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 4:40 pm

Wham wrote:heck Eric - these chicks do appear to do the "smooth tongue PSYCHO" thing so there IS something worthwhile coming out of all this cosmetic surgery...

Ok, Wham - you are referencing the 'smooth tongue PSYCHO' far too often . . .

Possibly the dark side should remain dark for some at all times!!!

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 4:45 pm

Vaucluse wrote:The scary thing is, Eric, we are surrounded by these women . . . People like this actually have disposable income (surgery, trips to Japan, Taiwan...). . . frightening . . .

Of course this is what concerns me too (Vaucluse and I are almost always on the same page). These people aren't a bunch of crazed lunatics, a fringe element -- they are gaining in numbers and are all around us. This is becoming normal.

What have we done to our daughters to feel this way about themselves?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 5:04 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:What have we done to our daughters to feel this way about themselves?

CGI (what you see is what you can have) and the need for instant gratification that it brings. It's no different than when you were a kid MHB, it's just the methods and time frame to accomplish it has changed. When we were kids (my group, not yours :( )the biggest cosmetic life changing thing available were braces. Technology advances and so do our wants in line with what's out there. We have all at one time or another been guilty of coveting thy neighbour's whatever, teeth, boobs, butts, clothes, lack of acne and the list goes on and on. Very few people are completely happy with their lot and will do whatever it is in order to conform to their peer group. This is what the makeup industry depends on just like the clothing industry and now the cosmetic surgery industry. Do you remember Carol Doda? I do. Was outrageous in it's day. now 16 y.o. girls are having breast augmentation surgeries.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 5:43 pm

SMS, doesn't this make you sad? Honestly I don't know what to think -- how can I begrudge a woman the right to a C cup. I can't.

Before last year I had never had surgery, and now having gone through it once -- and facing it again in a few months -- I really wonder about people who sign up for it voluntarily. And for what? 9 times out of 10 its so artificial.

It's like my friend Martha said: I kept my hair long for years, even though I was ready to cut it. I finally got up the nerve and cut it short and, yes! I was approached less by men. But the men who approached me were far more interesting....

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 5:50 pm

I'm forgetting the name of this show on MTV, but this girl wanted to look like Posh Spice. So she went under the knife for it, and trust me, she looked no where close to Posh. All that pain and money gone to waste!

Then, there's that other show 'Extreme Makeover'. Shocking!

I think with us its also a question of generation gap. I guess today's generation has no qualms to serve their vanity in this style.

What's sad is that qualified doctors waste their time doing this while there are so many needy people dying for want of medical attention. Capitalism at its peak!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 6:19 pm

sapphire wrote:I'm forgetting the name of this show on MTV, but this girl wanted to look like Posh Spice. So she went under the knife for it, and trust me, she looked no where close to Posh. All that pain and money gone to waste!

Then, there's that other show 'Extreme Makeover'. Shocking!

I think with us its also a question of generation gap. I guess today's generation has no qualms to serve their vanity in this style.

What's sad is that qualified doctors waste their time doing this while there are so many needy people dying for want of medical attention. Capitalism at its peak!

As the mother of two beautiful, but inevitably flawed daughters, I find it so hard to counter all the hype out here.

For God's sake-- how did Paris Hilton get famous?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 6:22 pm

sms beat me to it, but i share his view. the quest for beauty goes back all the way to nefertiti if not further... her mother probably wondered "what's with that girl?" too. and yes i did think of braces as an example. and most women today wear make-up which unlike exercise and the rest of the things we do has no conceivable benefit. its sole function is decoration.

don't get me wrong. i'm in mary's camp here. i scream whenever someone comes near me with a needle even if i needed it for health's sake, let alone to install another eyelid that many people won't even notice. and i've come to terms with my frizzy hair, crooked teeth etc. but i do go for the occasional facial, manicure and pedicure. my mother's generation thinks that is so unnecessary.

so yes it's just evolution, imho.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:21 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:SMS, doesn't this make you sad? Honestly I don't know what to think -- how can I begrudge a woman the right to a C cup. I can't.

Before last year I had never had surgery, and now having gone through it once -- and facing it again in a few months -- I really wonder about people who sign up for it voluntarily. And for what? 9 times out of 10 its so artificial.

It's like my friend Martha said: I kept my hair long for years, even though I was ready to cut it. I finally got up the nerve and cut it short and, yes! I was approached less by men. But the men who approached me were far more interesting....

Yes, in a way it does. But, as I am somewhat of an anomality myself, some of this has rubbed off on my kids as well. I've been bald since about 1974 or about 30+ years of my 58 (which means late 20's) I've never worn a hairpiece, had a hairweave or used anything to make it grow back. I frankly don't give a damn (have still been able to find 3 wives and I'm short as well). I've never worried about peer pressure even as a kid (I did say I was an anomality). Also, never took my first drink until I was 27 and never did drugs of any sort.

What I am trying to say I guess is that I accepted what my makers gave to me and tried the make the best of it. Anything else to me is false advertising (Like Triumph Maximizers for instance - In the late fifties it was Kleenix tissues stuffed in the bras instead of foam rubber) Still false advertising. My daughter doesn't wear too much makeup, has never coloured or straightened her hair and while she wears glasses, she isn't too keen on contacts either (but will wear some disposable ones for her wedding in Feb.) You could say that they both believe in the same WYSIWYG attitude that their daddy has.

As far a begrudging somebody a C cup? If you are only 5'1" tall and weigh only 104 lbs (average asian girl) why would she need something that humongous? Don't follow that one - :mrgreen: more than a mouthful goes to waste anyway! :cool: