Singapore Expats Forum

Benefits of Alcoholic drinks

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Benefits of Alcoholic drinks

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:01 pm

May I ask all those alcoholics what are the benefits of alcoholic drinks?

For me, it's banned (or, haram) and I don't long for it either. But when I notice how alcoholics tend to be social pests, at least while they are drunk, I can't help but think there must be something seriously wrong with societies that permit such drinks to be consumed legally.

Most laws do require a minimum age for the consumption of alcohol. Can I assume it's harmful to children or teenagers then?

Fighting often breaks out in bars and/or pubs, or whatever (as I myself am not sure about the differences). What can be the benefits of having these establishments in the first place?

I'm sure those who're experienced alcoholics will know much better about its harmful effects.

I just can't help but ask what are the possible benefits of alcohol. Does anybody know?

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:13 pm

:delete:

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:22 pm

](*,)

Personally, Bangladeshi Wonder, I think you could benefit from getting extremely intoxicated. Either that or a trip to OT.

*Disclaimer: The above comment is based purely on your actions on this board and is no way an indictment on your country, your nationality or your religion.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:27 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote::delete:

May I ask why? Sounds like a decent topic to me but if any one is offended I'm sorry.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:28 pm

k1w1 wrote:](*,)

Personally, Bangladeshi Wonder, I think you could benefit from getting extremely intoxicated. Either that or a trip to OT.

*Disclaimer: The above comment is based purely on your actions on this board and is no way an indictment on your country, your nationality or your religion.

Plz try to talk about the topic in this thread and forget/ignore what happened in some other thread.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:34 pm

:delete:

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:35 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote::delete:

Can I ask you why you insist on deleting this topic?

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ringo100 » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 6:43 pm

Simple really, it's fun and tastes good.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Re: ....

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 7:18 pm

ringo100 wrote:Simple really, it's fun and tastes good.

Ok.

any others?

question for you, some criminals may find shooting, bombing or beheading human beings fun and they may think it suits their taste. But considering the enormously harmful effects of such "fun", don't you think such activities should be criminalized.

Consider the harmful effects of alcoholic drinks now. Weigh it up against the beneficial ones. Do you think it's justifiable to allow such practices in a civilized society?

Of course, I realize it's all relative and subject to interpretations, opinions, likes & dislikes but would like to see what you think.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 7:49 pm

Off out for a beer so no time to reply :cool:

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 5:19 pm

Alcohol allows certain members of the human species who would otherwise never have the opportunity to get laid.

Go get drinkin tiger.
some signatures are more equal than others

sundaymorningstaple

Re: ....

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 6:16 pm

bangla_no wonder wrote:question for you, some criminals may find shooting, bombing or beheading human beings fun and they may think it suits their taste. But considering the enormously harmful effects of such "fun", don't you think such activities should be criminalized.

Consider the harmful effects of alcoholic drinks now. Weigh it up against the beneficial ones. Do you think it's justifiable to allow such practices in a civilized society?

Your fundamentalist breathern's bombing's & beheadings or drinking? In a civilized society that is? :?

Strong Eagle

Re: Benefits of Alcoholic drinks

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 6:32 pm

bangladeshi_wonder wrote:May I ask all those alcoholics what are the benefits of alcoholic drinks?

For me, it's banned (or, haram) and I don't long for it either. But when I notice how alcoholics tend to be social pests, at least while they are drunk, I can't help but think there must be something seriously wrong with societies that permit such drinks to be consumed legally.

Most laws do require a minimum age for the consumption of alcohol. Can I assume it's harmful to children or teenagers then?

Fighting often breaks out in bars and/or pubs, or whatever (as I myself am not sure about the differences). What can be the benefits of having these establishments in the first place?

I'm sure those who're experienced alcoholics will know much better about its harmful effects.

I just can't help but ask what are the possible benefits of alcohol. Does anybody know?

The rights of the one outweigh the rights of the many.

Besides, your sweeping generalizations are patently incorrect. Most people who drink alcohol are not alcoholics, and only a small minority engage in truly drunken behavior.

Still, you have a point, at least to the extent that if society tolerates the negative effects of alcohol consumption, why doesn't it do the same for marijuana? Grass creates far less problems.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 6:59 pm

The government says smoking pot will turn me into a crazed axe murderer!
some signatures are more equal than others

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 7:42 pm

banana wrote:The government says smoking pot will turn me into a crazed axe murderer!

you look more like a coked-out raver
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape