Singapore Expats Forum

sos

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

reenita

sos

Postby reenita » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 1:12 am

hi...i just got robbed two days ago and feel really upset about it!just wondering what kind of world were living in.....

this is actually the second time my bag got snatched and now im really afraid of walking the streets in my home....i have been having nightmares lately and feel paranoid all the time...

can someone pls help me to make me feel better...im just so scared to even go out to work these days and its really affecting me.....

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

fearless

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 1:57 am

Very sorry to hear about the incident :? , which part of singapore do u live in?
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: sos

Postby Plavt » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 4:54 am

reenita wrote:hi...i just got robbed two days ago and feel really upset about it!just wondering what kind of world were living in.....

this is actually the second time my bag got snatched and now im really afraid of walking the streets in my home....i have been having nightmares lately and feel paranoid all the time...

can someone pls help me to make me feel better...im just so scared to even go out to work these days and its really affecting me.....

Try not to dwell on it (easy for me to say I know), but try to realize this is just something that happens. We should not become so paranoid that we hide in our homes, to do so just means the 'bad elements' in society will think the night their own. This has happened in many western cities, friends tell me there are parts of major cities in America where nobody walks about and their are parts of London best avoided after dark. I have the misfortune to live very near an area like that. I assure you and others wiil Singapore is much safer by far than many other place you could have been. You have just been unlucky in that it has happened twice but don't let it throw you off your stride.

Best Wishes

Plavt.

reenita

hi

Postby reenita » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:42 am

well...im actually in malaysia now...im working here....i know this just happends anywhere....its just really scary..today i went to the police and when i was hailing a taxi back home...there was this indian guy he said freak u and he was holding his stuff..now i feel even sick.....and the taxi driver was even scary..he was driving so fast and was really rude to me...

how can i stop feeling scared now.....and pls just beware when ure in malaysia...its getting really bad these days....my family is on a holiday and im alone at home...i think indians in malaysia have a big problem in crime...i dont want to generalize though im an indian myself....

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:52 am

i think indians in malaysia have a big problem in crime...

Sadly it is ageneral malaise in Malaysia (nice intended pun), not limited to Indians.

The place is crime-ridden and the police only follow up what is beneficial to them or won't get them into trouble with the 'higher-ups' - see the wedding-fiasko where the uncle, some two-bit wanna-be royal, of the perpetrator criticised the Minister for Tourism because he apologised to the wedding guests.

That's what you are dealing with in Malaysia. Oh, I could go on, but I have better things to do, like clean my ears.

Sorry, this didn't help.

Recommendations would be to ask friends for lifts, phoning for cabs - even if it's a short distance, and have males around you - friends, rellos . . .

Malaysia boleh! :P

'nuff said Image