Singapore Expats Forum

Hello Kiddiwinks!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Hello Kiddiwinks!!!

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 1:48 am

Hiya Everyone

Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me and were having a nice quiet time............haha, no such luck, cos here I am again!!

Been to the States on business..........Atlanta and Houston...........first time in the US for me, and lots of new thoughts on the place...........lovely people, so kind and friendly............but a bit scary downtown in Atlanta at night, let me tell you!!!!!!!!!

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 4:00 am

Welcome back Bubs \:D/

Was only pondering the other day the reason for the lack of Bubbles around here recently :?

Hope you had a fun time over the pond

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 6:13 am

Hi Bubbs,

Welcome back. You enjoyed your time in the US? Tell me about Atlanta, it's been years since I've been. It's become a meccca for single gay men, do you think thats what Sherman had inmind when he torched the place?

MHB

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 8:23 am

Hi Mary

Well, story time.....got to Atlanta, and for the first night couldn't get into the Westin Hotel....(Conferences in town) so had to book into a hotel downtown on Peachtree. Well, the taxi driver, who was local, couldn't find it at first....bad sign............then when he did I wished he hadn't cos there were gangs of kids, black and white, hanging around outside, playing music, shouting, hanging round the underground........shit, I thought, where the hell am I going to?

It really looked like the ghetto.....the hotel was great, but I was scared to walk outside, no, seriously...........so got a taxi uptown to HardRock that first night, but honestly, it felt really, really dangerous to me. Was told in the restaurant that it's a known place for Crack, and that some of the kids are just desperate to get money to buy.....so my instincts were right....

Other three nights there,.....uptown....nice hotel etc, lovely, lovely people.....as I said, I was so taken with them, they are just great.

Atlanta itself is very modern, high rise, beautiful actually. The day I got there it was about 75 degrees but three days later it was so cold I could see my breath in the mornings.....clear skies though.

Shopping..........FANTASTIC...............what can I say? So cheap.

No, didn't actually realise it was a gay guy place, didn't seem to be, but who can tell?

They had the American Anaesthesia society of doctors conferences there, so there were tons of medical types around....not sure if they were gay, guess some must have been by the laws of probability.

Anyway, I came away with great views on the folks.........and an amazement at the size of the food portions...........huge..........haha.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 8:34 am

hi Bubbs, WB! yes i did miss you and assumed you were tearing through your book like an inspired fanatic and was wondering if it's out on the market already at this rate... :)

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Hello Kiddiwinks!!!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 2:29 pm

Bubbles wrote:............but a bit scary downtown in Atlanta at night, let me tell you!!!!!!!!!

Bubbs.

Been over thirty years since I've been to Atlanta - But from your statement I guess the "Atlanta Underground" is alive a well.

Welcome back. Also your old sparring partner is back after a 6 month hiatus. Al Lau - remember him.

sms