Singapore Expats Forum

Preposterous Sistic

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Preposterous Sistic

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 5:13 pm

I get cheesed off at Sistic every time we book through them on the Internet.

We're off to see/hear Lisa Ono on the 6th and tickets are quite pricey - but it's the $1 charge they whack on per person if you pick it up at the VENUE!!! Why the frig do I have to pay them to pick it up????

Grumble, grumble . . . :x

'nuff said Image

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 6:24 pm

How nice... another lover of Lisa Ono :D I'm a fan too but i'm not sure if I'm going because I've already paid for Rent.

Vaucluse, Sistic is levying additional charges because it needs to pay people to man the hotline and counters. The other charges go straight to the promoter and artiste.

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Preposterous Sistic

Postby Saint » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 6:59 pm

Vaucluse wrote:I get cheesed off at Sistic every time we book through them on the Internet.

We're off to see/hear Lisa Ono on the 6th and tickets are quite pricey - but it's the $1 charge they whack on per person if you pick it up at the VENUE!!! Why the frig do I have to pay them to pick it up????

A few years ago I booked a 8 tickets to see The Corrs (Same night as the England v Greece World Cup qualifier 2001 so missed the start of the game!) They also tried to charge me $1 per person to collect. I politely informed the young lady on the phone from Sistic that I was happy to pay $1 not $8 as only 1 person would be collecting all 8 tickets!!

She was a little confused at my suggestion and agreed to charge me only $1!

I'm with you on this Vaucluse

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 7:13 pm

Saint, it's very funny to hear how you men mark calendars based on soccer matches :lol:

It's interesting how different Sistic compares with the overseas ticketing agents. I remember someone wrote in to Straits Times Life! to complain abou the same thing last year. Sistic's response was that ticketing agents in other countries charge a one-time collection fee but this collection fee is higher, anything from S$3-10 (i.e. it's S$3-10 whether you're picking up 1 or 10 tickets). In comparison, even though they charge a fee for every collection, each fee is low. I think the Sistic system is only worth it if you're purchasing a small number of tickets.

Dianthus

Postby Dianthus » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:03 pm

Um ... if you pick up tickets at Sistic counter, regardless of a number of tickets, they only charge you $0.20! There are counters at City Hall and Orchard etc. It isn't that bad! :wink:

Dianthus

Postby Dianthus » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:07 pm

Um ... if you pick up tickets at Sistic counter, regardless of a number of tickets, they only charge you $0.20! There are counters at City Hall and Orchard etc. It isn't that bad! :wink:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:38 pm

I just can't understand why there is a charge for picking up your ticket - why do you have to pay for the piece of paper (don't start on COE's) after you've paid for the product.

So, I go to Sistic, the people who have sold me the ticket, and they charge me for the ticket on top of the ticket price . . . It's madness, simply madness!!! :x

Had the same thing with NUH. My wife is changing doctors and hospitals for the birth of our child, so she requested all the documentation from the hospital - tests, x-rays etc . . . She was told she had to have a last appointment with her doc so he could release her and the files -
!!!!katsching!!!! Only another $400 . . . :x

She protested (I guess that's why she has a law degree) Eventually she was told that the hospital could send the documents, or we could pick them up, for $75 . . .

Mrs 'Cluse was close to having a coronary and passed the phone to me - I guess I told the hospital staff off quite nicely, correctly stating that these documents were our property and that the hospital is making itself liable to legal action if they don't give us our docs - two days later we had them. FFS

The point is that I feel like people try to fleece me (nope, not a foreigner thing) and I am tired of it.

Signed a rental agreement, real estate agent gets his cut and then wants us to sign a document that in two years, if the rental agreement is renewed, he gets 50% of the amount . . . For doing sweet FA??? FFS, it's madness, simply madness!!!! (I love saying that)

Ok, rant over, but I think it stinks, 20 cents, one dollar or even one cent.

'nuff said Image

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:48 pm

Sistic quotes s volume price for any show which the show people have to pay in advance, based upon estimated ticket sales. It doesn't matter how the tickets are sold, that is the way Sistic writes their contracts. The event producer is on the hook for the service charge for every ticket regardless of whether Sistic collects the fee or not. Sounds like a bit of a monopoly to me.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:50 pm

I also don't like it, BUT... back in good old Holland I also get chrged the admin fees for this kind of nonsense (administratiekosten...).

Misses Eric's friend is the marketing manager of Sistic btw... She happened to confess the fees are a big part of the cake they get at the end of the year... :-|

Eric

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:01 pm

I always pick up the tickets at the Sistic counters so I've never really minded the $0.20 charge.

Actually there are only two ticketing agents in Singapore- Sistic and Ticketcharge. The former is doing better than the latter I hear because they are more financially sound. They can for instance underwrite a few hundred thousand to the concert promoters. That's why the concert promoters keep going back to them.

SE, I'm curious, where did you hear this from?

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 6:11 am

V-

I feel your pain about SISTIC, I really do. I can't really comment more here other than to say you are absolutely right. If you PM me I can give you more of the back story, but the song remains the same -- you are absolutely right.

Re: Mrs. V. At least your wife can get her paperwork from NUH. In the States, because of the new privacy laws it is almost impossible. I have stacks of x-rays that rival the Manhattan yellow pages sitting at my Dr's office in the States that I have paid for. Still I can't get them. I requested my surgeon here to request them officially, still waiting.

Here they send you to X-ray and pick up your films yourself. Beautiful.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 6:30 am

locallass wrote:SE, I'm curious, where did you hear this from?

That's how Sistic handled an even I volunteered for.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 9:58 am

SE, ah ok. How does one determine how many tickets one would sell? :???: Or is it a number one would like to sell? Anyway, did that organisation you volunteered for consider changing to Ticketcharge instead?

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Preposterous Sistic

Postby EADG » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 7:08 pm

Vaucluse wrote:I get cheesed off at Sistic every time we book through them on the Internet.

what got me POed was when buying WOMAD tickets (with cash) they asked for photo ID and my passport number!
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Return to “General Discussions”