Singapore Expats Forum

Want to get to know Korea babe living in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
zebby838
Regular
Regular

Want to get to know Korea babe living in Singapore

Postby zebby838 » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 3:50 pm

Hi...looking for Korea babes to meet up and get together...anyone of you interested to know me please PM me anytime...you will not regret making the first move...cheers

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Want to get to know Korea babe living in Singapore

Postby Bremen » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:51 am

zebby838 wrote:Hi...looking for Korea babes to meet up and get together...anyone of you interested to know me please PM me anytime...you will not regret making the first move...cheers

Ann-yong!

And why won't they regret it? Why don't you go subscribe to the dating site and make the first move yourself?
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

sgexpats88

korean ?

Postby sgexpats88 » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:10 am

maybe here can have more friend to look for?

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: korean ?

Postby Bremen » Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:15 pm

sgexpats88 wrote:maybe here can have more friend to look for?

Nope, LOTS more people registered on the dating site than on the forum. Most expats in singapore have never even heard of this forum, but since the SE Dating site uses the same WorldFriends Database as many other sites, (same profiles and data, just different look and feel), he'll have a much higher chance of finding Korean girls on there.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

rakyomin

How to know Korean (girls)?

Postby rakyomin » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 6:21 am

You will have the opportunity to meet more Korean girls if you join their monthly gathering event.

The monthly Korean event is hosted by Angie Cafe, the address is cafe.daum.net/ANGIEsingapore, well too bad, the site is all in Koreans. Usually the gathering will be the 2nd saturday of the month.

There are other Korean events hosted by www.hankookchon.com as well, well not the owner who hosted it, but a host of one of the cafe in hankookchon.com.

Alternatively you can look out for gatherings organises by a Singaporean, sometime there will be Koreans joining the gatherings.

The other way, is to attend the Korean Church in Newton Circus (not sure where it is...I will find out the address from my friend)

cherryblue
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cherryblue » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 8:55 am

heard there are hardly foreigners joined the angie's gathering,
i guess unless u can speak korean, it will be very hard to blend in with the korean community

T2K
Regular
Regular

Postby T2K » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:11 am

OP = hopeless.

rakyomin

About making Korean friends

Postby rakyomin » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:30 am

Well actually some Koreans will be glad if non-Koreans join the group, some of them who are students are eager to practise their English with English-speaking non-Koreans. And some Koreans are shy because they feel that they cannot speak well in English, and hence will make some of the non-Koreans think that they are arrogant.

Basically they are only a small number of Korean who cannot speak English very well in Angie meeting. There is a Korean whom I know, who was the ex-moderator of Angie Cafe, can speak English, Mandarin, and "Singlish" really well ^^ and she only works in Singapore for about 2 years.

My close friend, who is like a big brother to me, can speak English and Mandarin pretty well. Well that's because he studied in Cardiff for 4 years, and lived in Qingdao for 6 months, now he is working in Singapore.

Anyway this saturday, I arranged a gathering for my fellow Singaporean friends and Korean friends, we will be meeting for dinner in Choong Hwa Gak (중화각).

Anyway to make Korean friends is really easy, most of them like to drink, and when we are tipsy (still sobber of course), language will not be a barrier anymore ^^ If you can drink really well, you can get really close to them easily. Of course not all Koreans drink, however only 1 out of 5 Korean friends of mine do not drink alcohol.

cherryblue
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cherryblue » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 2:34 am

heard some feedback from my k friends who went for the angie meeting, 4 of them said it was boring :D

i guess there are two types of korean,
the boring n conservative vs the outgoing n fun ones
:P
i find that most of the k ladies here are very outspoken, friendly n fun....

rakyomin

Very natural some people may feel bored in the gathering.

Postby rakyomin » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 6:34 pm

cherryblue wrote:heard some feedback from my k friends who went for the angie meeting, 4 of them said it was boring :D

i guess there are two types of korean,
the boring n conservative vs the outgoing n fun ones
:P
i find that most of the k ladies here are very outspoken, friendly n fun....

It is very natural some of them find the gathering very boring, imagine meeting people whom you have not met before, it will become very awkward.

However there are also cases of meeting good friends in the gathering. You will not know whether it is boring or not unless you join a few times. AT least join there once ^^