Parking

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
mal

Parking

Post by mal » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:17 pm

Hi All,

I should be moving to Sing. in early/mid Jan, and have found the answers to most of my questions/concerns on this board.

Anyway, one thing I havent seen much on is parking. What is the situation like in general? I am mainly interested in what is usually available at the various condos, and whether it is usual for employers to provide parking at work. Also would be interested in the various costs (ie, residential, town centre, work places - city).

I will be working for a large IB but not sure of their address in Sing. yet, and also plan on living somewhere nearby (if its a fairly happening area), but still plan on having a car anyway.

Any info. appreciated.

Cheers.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:25 pm

If you live in a condo you will have a parking spot for free.

At work, it depends a lot, but you might have to pay for parking. I am note quite sure as I work from home...

When you go shopping or go out, you always (or almost always) will have to pay for parking. It can be quite expensive at the end of the day... (one of the reasons why I do everything by taxi or bus!).
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

mal

Post by mal » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:36 pm

Cool, thanks mate.

Anyone know rough costs for parking in town? Both the finance area (I guess thats where I will be working), and the main going out and shopping parts?

Ta.