Singapore Expats Forum

Making compromises in a relationship

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

crabathor

Making compromises in a relationship

Postby crabathor » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:06 pm

I'm a little confused and was wondering if I could get some advice from you good people here in the forum...
I've been reading more than writing so far.

Say if you like a guy who also has been sending promising signals, but then end up liking another girl more seemingly, what I was thinking is just to wait and see.
The way I see it, if the guy does like a woman very much, even if he were a shy guy, even though it doesn't seem he is, he would at least in one point to be more assertive about it and ask me out, just like what any other normal guy would do, wouldn't it?
Call it a woman's insecurity or something like that, I'm not sure myself, but I suppose after realizing he most likely likes another woman more, which of course it's not anybody's fault as this kind of thing just happens just like that, I feel I should just give up being active in sending signals from my part and I guess just have the waiting game...
Plus, it just looks futile to try to make somebody who doesn't find you a date material strongly for him, to see the other way around, as probably that is not going to happen anyway, isn't it?
I admit I can see how he would like the other woman more, as they have more things in common, which again why I think it's futile to try to make the other person see the other way, as I think I'm not going to be that interested either in these things they are interested in, just a matter of different interests, not saying they are bad hobbies nor anything like that...
What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Last edited by crabathor on Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:10 pm

Sounds like you are being played. Back off and see what happens.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:12 pm

Consider this. When I was a young man, I fell for the most wonderful girl... beauty, brains, wit... and I never worked up the courage to ask her out... in my mind she was so far out of my league that I could never imagine her saying yes.

Fast forward to a decade later... we are each in marriages... I tell her of my want for her and how I was too shy to approach her... "Fool", she says... I wanted you too, but you seemed so distant... like you didn't want me.

So... the lesson is... don't wait around... make YOUR move... find out what it is all about... and do it now.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:19 pm

Why wonder about it? Ask him out.