Singapore Expats Forum

Question on education - part 2

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Question on education - part 2

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:19 pm

Hopefully no bashing here!

Just testing how well you know Singapore...

If I tell you:

Vanda Miss Joaquim
Monstera deliciosa
Jasminum multiflorum
Calliandra surinamensis
Allamanda Cathartica
Lochnera rosea

What do you think of?
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:29 pm

flowers.... Orchids, roses and alike!

peace brother :cool:

Eric

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:34 pm

Of course flowers, but too easy...
Wrong answer.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:39 pm

Money... all these flowers are featured in our coins :cool:

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:41 pm

Correct!

OK I guess you deserve asking a question then?
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:45 pm

you arrogant Frenchman... :P

Think you know a few things cause you found out about pics of Asian women in a cheap way, huh? :x

Vanda Miss Joaquim = national orchis flower of Singapore
Monstera deliciosa = venomous plant, originates in Guatemala and Mexico, found throughout the tropics these days
Jasminum multiflorum = white jasmin flower, can be consumed through tea, four-petalled
Calliandra surinamensis = native from Surinam, shrub, used as outdoor plant in the warmer regions
Allamanda Cathartica = also a shrub from Surinam, yellow trumpet it is called as well
Lochnera rosea = herbal plant, used as an inflammatory medicine for the skin, also a laxative.

Only the first one originates in Singapore, but probably all those others are found in the botanic gardens here?

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:46 pm

locallass wrote:Money... all these flowers are featured in our coins :cool:


smartass.... :x

I am out of here...

Eric

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:47 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:you arrogant Frenchman... :P

Think you know a few things cause you found out about pics of Asian women in a cheap way, huh? :x

Vanda Miss Joaquim = national orchis flower of Singapore
Monstera deliciosa = venomous plant, originates in Guatemala and Mexico, found throughout the tropics these days
Jasminum multiflorum = white jasmin flower, can be consumed through tea, four-petalled
Calliandra surinamensis = native from Surinam, shrub, used as outdoor plant in the warmer regions
Allamanda Cathartica = also a shrub from Surinam, yellow trumpet it is called as well
Lochnera rosea = herbal plant, used as an inflammatory medicine for the skin, also a laxative.

Only the first one originates in Singapore, but probably all those others are found in the botanic gardens here?

Eric


Interesting, but the correct answer has been given already :P
Last edited by Carpe Diem on Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:48 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
locallass wrote:Money... all these flowers are featured in our coins :cool:


smartass.... :x

I am out of here...

Eric


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:02 pm

My turn :mrgreen:

Adam
Old Airport
Museum
Millenia

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:09 pm

Are these stations of the future MRT Circle Line?
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:15 pm

That was fast =D>

Who's next?

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:18 pm

OK, let's see...

Youth - Government - Economy
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:02 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:OK, let's see...

Youth - Government - Economy

Young PAP?

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 9:20 am

Nope
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest