Singapore Expats Forum

Must women always have the last say?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:21 am

Another easy way is to make sure they have no access to any finances other then their pocket money and household spend for the week.

This way when they want to casue trouble you simple shut of the funds and go down to the pub until they figure out whose the boss lah...

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:24 am

Bafana wrote:Another easy way is to make sure they have no access to any finances other then their pocket money and household spend for the week.

This way when they want to casue trouble you simple shut of the funds and go down to the pub until they figure out whose the boss lah...


I am afraid here it is the opposite way in Singapore lor...

More highly educated women than men, more high incomes coming form women than from men.

Aya, Singapore so funny wah!!!

Eric

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:29 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:I am afraid here it is the opposite way in Singapore lor...

More highly educated women than men, more high incomes coming form women than from men.

Aya, Singapore so funny wah!!!

Eric


Thats why must buy Mail Order Bride Lah...

Save all the trouble and save Third World from poverty at the same time lor.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:30 am

At times like this, I'm so glad I have an education and a job :o And this is the exact reason why I will never be a tai-tai.

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 4:23 pm

locallass wrote:And this is the exact reason why I will never be a tai-tai.

my exact sentiments. i will never be dependent on a man! [-(

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 4:26 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
locallass wrote:And this is the exact reason why I will never be a tai-tai.

my exact sentiments. i will never be dependent on a man! [-(


This one should be framed!!

You two agreed!! :P
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 4:57 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
locallass wrote:And this is the exact reason why I will never be a tai-tai.

my exact sentiments. i will never be dependent on a man! [-(

This one should be framed!!

You two agreed!! :P

ha ha CD, you troublemaker. :devil:

i've agreed with locallass several times before, believe it or not.

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 5:00 pm

OK may be. I did not check every post, but had the feeling you were SOMETIMES disagreeing... :P
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 5:08 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:OK may be. I did not check every post, but had the feeling you were SOMETIMES disagreeing... :P

aiyah, find me two people on this board who agree all the time (except you and me of course, we have a special agreement do we not :P )

as long as disagreements are issue-based and not personal and voiced out courteously it's ok to disagree sometimes. :D

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 5:12 pm

The last time I disagreed on the validity of somebody's points, I was accused of being personal and trying to compete in an one-up-manship. Maybe I need to have that agreement too.

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 5:56 pm

locallass wrote:The last time I disagreed on the validity of somebody's points, I was accused of being personal and trying to compete in an one-up-manship. Maybe I need to have that agreement too.

i hate confrontation, but i guess the alternative is to let this fester so here's my attempt at explanation and reconciliation...

locallass, i did apologise in that post if i was sensing wrongly where you were coming from. perhaps i was over-sensitive cos prior to that i was taken aback when you repeatedly called me bitchy in a previous thread when i was just joking with sapphire and bh10y and someone else, i can't remember who. after your very long personal attack i pm'ed all of them to ask if i'd offended them and if so i was sorry. none of them had taken offence and in fact were very friendly about it. i am not a bitchy person and wondered what i'd done to deserve that kind of treatment from you.

so when you continued to fault every little detail of my later posts i lost patience and just wanted to tell you please get off my back. you can point out whatever you know without belittling the other person. the unfairness was also that i knew all the legal details you pointed out but simply was addressing another issue altogether so i found your nitpicking rather uncalled for. you are not normally so hostile in your posts, so that plus the previous personal attacks made me think you have some sort of bone to pick with me.

anyway, only you and i know what is really in our hearts. if i wronged you this is my public apology. i'm sorry. when you first joined this board as a registered member i posted a warm welcome to you, and am glad that you are still posting today, and enjoy reading your posts, and admire your maturity, humour, and articulation. i hope we can end this unnecessary hostility and learn to co-exist peacefully on this board. if you think this a load of crap and still foster ill-will then i will respectfully keep my distance.

peace, locallass?

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:11 am

Now that you’ve brought up this up, let’s thrash it out shall we?

I was going to quote that thread but reference but could not find it even after several searches. Has it been deleted? It’s the one that Kimi started on Who What When?

Anyway, let me go through this point by point:

(1) I repeatedly called you bitchy? I called you bitchy ONCE. And this is following your rude comments to several posters along the lines that they have no right to comment because they’re married and don’t understand the plight of singles. The other posters were gracious about it and I applaud them.

I was pissed off though by one of your comments. What I said was, you can date a hundred guys and still not find one who’s suitable. You came back with, you’re so choosy (which is still fine) and I’m unlike you because I haven’t dated 100 men. Now I didn’t like your superior attitude, that you’re better than me or anyone else (maybe this is the kind of one upmanship you’ve accused me of?). And really, what does it insinuate about me that I’ve dated so many men?

(2) I carried on a long personal attack against you? When you made the bitchy comment above, I came back with just one post. That’s considered a long personal attack? Surely you must be exaggerating

(3) I faulted every detail of your posts? That thread was about whether suspects should have immediate access to their lawyers and you were making factually inaccurate claims against the local judicial system to support your argument that people do not have get good representation in court because good litigation lawyers are not available. Sorry, you knew little or nothing about what you were talking about. For instance, local lawyers don’t go into the litigation field because they cannot make a good living out of it. Some of the best paid lawyers in the country ARE litigation lawyers because cases can run on for months, racking up millions of dollars in billings.

But instead of acknowledging that you didn’t know so much about the subject, you went on and on to establish once again just how much you knew about the legal circle- and getting your facts wrong again (e.g. a lawyer loses his reputation when he loses a case). And if I were to point these out, I am nit-picking on you? Perhaps you should have just stop talking about things you were unfamiliar with and confuse everyone along with you?

Then you came at me for this “personal attack”

User avatar
neutral
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2005

Postby neutral » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:50 am

Help!
Two ladies fighting on my thread ??? :shock:

Please don't blame me , I had nothing to do with it. [-o<

Actually if you read carefully, Locallass, WIMH was attempting to make peace with you.

Wonder who is going to have the final say here....
The idea of Hell is based on the false assumption that there is a world worse than this one. - Michael Wikoff

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 7:25 am

How convenient. To jump in at this point to take a shot at me so you can feel better about a previous disagreement.

I know WIMH is trying to make peace. But sorry, presenting yourself as the victim and the other party as the bully is not going to cut it. If you behave in a certain manner, of course you will get a certain reaction. To act as if you could never contributed to a fight with uncalled for comments of your own is not the way to go.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:04 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Image

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests