Singapore Expats Forum

Gotta love Galloway - the mouse that roared

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Gotta love Galloway - the mouse that roared

Postby Quasimodo » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:06 am

Galloping Galloway is at it again - broadsiding the US Legal and Congressional/Senate system and Bush. It is so refreshing to see someone stand up and not let the bastards get away with their propaganda. I would love to see Coleman charge him with perjury, then let the show begin!!!

[quote]
MP fury at perjury claim

Galloway ... 'I'll hit U.S like a tsunami'

By ANTHONY FRANCE

FIREBRAND MP George Galloway yesterday threatened to rip through Washington “like a tsunami”
One in the hand is worth two of something

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 3:39 pm

Galloway is a windbag who is yelling louder and louder because it has become apparent that he actually is guilty - so now he is turning the whole thing into theater in an attempt to divert attention from his guilt.

I read several articles yesterday - and it DOES appear that they have a pretty direct paper trail leading directly to Galloway. If all of this is trur - it simply means that he was helping to divert money from starving Iraqi children back into the coffers of Saddam Hussein. I hope they fry his fat ass.

AN EXCERPT FROM CNN (us liberal media) YESTERDAY:

According to the report, the plan worked like this: A Swiss oil trading company, Taurus Petroleum, bought the allocated oil and then transferred a "sizable commission payment to Zureikat."

Zureikat then forwarded a portion of the commission to the Mariam Appeal, and in one transaction forwarded roughly $150,000 to Galloway's wife.

The report further alleges that Zureikat would pay any illegal surcharges to the Hussein regime.

In his subcommittee testimony, Galloway declared, "I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one and neither has anybody on my behalf."

The report includes a Citibank notice detailing a transfer of funds from Taurus Petroleum to Fawaz Zureikat in July 2000.

The report then documents transfers in August 2000 when it says Zureikat made a $150,000 wire transfer to Galloway's wife at Arab Bank in Amman, Jordan.

The report says Aziz recalled that Galloway "requested the Iraqi government to provide financial support for the Mariam Appeal in order to defray the expenses associated with conducting the campaign."

Aziz also said Galloway expressed concern about the appearance of taking money directly from the Iraqi government but that in December 1999 he asked for an increase in his oil allocations. Aziz told investigators there was a slight increase, "but not very much."

In response to questions from the subcommittee, the report says, Galloway confirmed he had appointed Zureikat as his representative in Baghdad on matters related to the Mariam Appeal.

The report includes excerpts from witness interviews, including an unidentified oil trader who says Galloway approached him to explain how the oil voucher system worked and how the vouchers could be translated into commissions.

The oil trader told investigators that in a meeting in his office he was "100 percent sure" that Zureikat was negotiating on behalf of Galloway to sell oil, the report says.

After a preliminary offer was drafted between the trader and Zureikat, the deal fell through, the report says.

The report also says Galloway failed to register his oil-for-food interests under the Code of Conduct for Members of Parliament, which would require that he disclose gifts received by a spouse with a value exceeding 550 British pounds.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 4:02 pm

Let's sit back and watch the show I'd say :D

Eric

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 4:44 pm

yes - it should be interesting. Unfortunately, it may take a long time to play out. Nevertheless, it seems that a lot of people (and politicians) had their hands in the whole Oil for Food program and I would really like to see a few heads roll on this. Galloway could easily be the first. The problem is that NOTHING but a 4 by 4 cell will really ever make him shut up.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 5:25 pm

Wham wrote: The problem is that NOTHING but a 4 by 4 cell will really ever make him shut up.

bit like with you, isn't it? (or myself..) :wink:

Eric

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 5:44 pm

perhaps... except that we didn't get kickbacks from illegal oil for food schemes.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 7:18 pm

Galloway could easily be the first. The problem is that NOTHING but a 4 by 4 cell will really ever make him shut up.

Nice to see that you alreday have him guilty, based on a CNN report, and possibly what your dearest Republican senator said.

Wham, this is not the McCarthy era - people have a right to object to being sullied and accused of crimes by high and mighty politicians hiding behind the safety of Congressional hearings.

As the man said: Put up or shut up. He has guts, he will not be bullied and he demands to be tried if he is accused.

I don't like his politics, nor his persona but his unwillingness to go into the lion's den and make himself heard iv VERY refreshing.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 7:26 pm

Quasimodo wrote:
Galloway could easily be the first. The problem is that NOTHING but a 4 by 4 cell will really ever make him shut up.

Nice to see that you alreday have him guilty, based on a CNN report, and possibly what your dearest Republican senator said.

Wham, this is not the McCarthy era - people have a right to object to being sullied and accused of crimes by high and mighty politicians hiding behind the safety of Congressional hearings.

As the man said: Put up or shut up. He has guts, he will not be bullied and he demands to be tried if he is accused.

I don't like his politics, nor his persona but his unwillingness to go into the lion's den and make himself heard iv VERY refreshing.

Well... I'm going to hide and watch... BUT... these are the same bunch of folks that have Koki Annan's son by the shorthairs, and the same ones that just sought an indictment for Texas oilman Oscar Wyatt. The information comes from a credible source... and not the US Congress. Further, Galloway has a rather dirty past. Does an old dog really learn new tricks?

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 8:01 pm

Not quite sure what you mean by his dirty past - hopefully not his politics. Whether he is araving red or a rabid republican should not be a testament to his honesty, should it?! Nor, I hope his support for he Muslim Assosiation of Britain.

As you, I sit back and wish to see the same amount of crap he gave the hearings the last time.

If he's guilty, prove it, if he's not, don't villify him publicly only to leave it at that.

Let the games begin

8)

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 9:59 pm

Quasi - If you read the CNN summary of the latest information it is big on facts and short on opinion. Based on the very carefully laid out audit trail - he has some serious explaining to do. I am merely pointing out that all his ranting and ravings APPREAR to me like an attempt to create a BIG STORM of controversy in an attempt to hide the facts behind his cloud of hot air. Kind of like a kid throwing a tantrum when they know they did something wrong. Sure sounds guilty to me.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:36 am

You are right, Wham - and the only solution would be to:

Wham wrote:The problem is that NOTHING but a 4 by 4 cell will really ever make him shut up.

How dare he speak!!! Make him shut up!!!

This is the way to deal with people who dare challenge the Washington establishment. Off with his head!!! #-o

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:45 am

well - i guess we will just have to let the courts settle this.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:06 am

Wham wrote:well - i guess we will just have to let the courts settle this.

If it gets that far.
Character assasination has long been a favoured tool of those that make themselves invulnerable behind the cloak of government (not only in the US, of course), so let's hope they either charge the guy or take back what they said.

(Wham, why are you so timid nowadays - very few feisty clashes with anyone . . .?)

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:13 am

i woke up one day and felt like George Baily in Its a Wonderful Life - i have a beautiful loving wife and beautiful loving children - and decided that i don't need any additional bad karma in my life.

I also found that on those occasions when i made coherent arguements - i was often countered with BS and Hype - as opposed to good coherent responses - so why debate if the response is emotional and not logical.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:40 am

I also found that on those occasions when i made coherent arguements - i was often countered with BS and Hype - as opposed to good coherent responses - so why debate if the response is emotional and not logical.

Quite astute as that would be how many would have seen your responses . . . :wink:

Good for you, but don't lose that fire in your belly! (as long as it's not the colour of the starts and stripes :) )