Singapore Expats Forum

Trip to Tanjung Pinang

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sene
Regular
Regular

Trip to Tanjung Pinang

Postby sene » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 9:17 pm

I'm intrested in organising a trip to Tanjung Pinang .. its the other end of the island ... more interesting than the resort part in the north where everything is paid in sing $ and sing prices.

Tanjung Pinang is a typical Indonesian island coastal town ... full of life ... and excitement. There are a lot of good hotels and entertainment (because many Singaporeans go there on weekends for R&R).

I would like to organise a group tour on the weekend of 12-13Nov.

We take ferry from Tannah Merah around 10.00 am on Saturday and come back on Sunday late afternoon.

The ferry fare is about S$ 49 return and takes one and a half hours to reach there.

For more updated details please go down this thread.
Last edited by sene on Mon, 07 Nov 2005 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sene
Regular
Regular

postponed for 11-12 weekend

Postby sene » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 5:11 pm

From PMs I have got looks like there's some interest in the trip ..but I've picked the wrong weekend .. where everyone is having a "day off" on Friday.

So lets make it the next weekend ... 12-13 Nov.

Those who PMed me please note.
Last edited by sene on Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MangoCar
Regular
Regular

Postby MangoCar » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 5:41 pm

I am interested in this, want to try Indonesian massage and spa. When is the deadline to join the trip? Let me see if I can make it.

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:27 pm

Good stuff sene, i like the sound of the trip! good planning! :lol: I look forward to the trip ! Please give us another update closer to the date.

cheers
Bonbon :cool:

Him

Him

Postby Him » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 6:40 pm

I am also interested in Trip..
plz give me .. more info...

mail me on Himanshup21@yahoo.co.in

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

T.P

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 2:34 am

Am in.. when is this gonna to happen.

:wink:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

sene
Regular
Regular

its on

Postby sene » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 3:30 pm

Yes, its on ... 12 - 13 Nov.

Will PM you details next week.

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Trip

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 4:06 pm

Ohh good, the date seems to be feasible 2me.

sene, are you sure on the on-arrival visa part?? :-|
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

T.P

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 8:32 pm

3x sene, got the message for the visa.

Have you been there frequently?
Is veg food really avaliable.

Many of my local colleg'z visit T.pinang freqently for the massage :wink: ,. they also say the place is good for fishing and treking.

cheers :cool:

sene
Regular
Regular

TP

Postby sene » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 12:42 am

Yes, I have been there many times ... but not for about a year though.

I have a good Indonesian freind there who will look after us well.... he will organise the transport, hotel rooms, massage, etc. ... if your friends are male they may have gone there for more than just massages. hehehe

We need to get the numbers soon, may be by next Wednesday. At the moment five have expressed interest.

I suggest we take the 9.00 am ferry from Tennah Merah. So we will be there well before lunch ... give us time for a massage. .. afternoon we may be able to go to an island closeby which has no vehicles but a very historic place for the Malays. Its just 20 minutes by sampan. Good fun to take one of those across the seas.

You can find vegetarian food no worries. They have Nasi padang which is rice with about 20 different dishes and at least five of them are vegeies. Gado Gado is another delicious vegetarian dish with peanut sauce you may try.

sene
Regular
Regular

Some infor on Tanjung Pinang

Postby sene » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 2:30 pm

On the southwest coast of Bintan is the capital of the Riau Archipelago, Tanjung Pinang, accessible by ferry from Singapore in 1 1/2 hours. It is the largest town in Riau that retains much of its old rustic charm, with a fishing village of rickety stilt houses dotting the coast. In the main square, an eclectic mix of places of worship can be spotted, from mosques and Chinese temples to Dutch churches that bear testimony to the country's colonial past. A touristy highlight here is the small but interesting Riau Kandil Museum at Jalan B.G. Katamso in the eastern suburbs, which exhibits weaponry, musical instruments, furniture and artefacts that once belonged to the Riau sultans.

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 6:34 pm

I can't remember what you said about application of visa, is it visa on arrival?

Let us know more info on the trip, next Friday for sure?

Bonnie :lol:

sene
Regular
Regular

PLease confirm

Postby sene » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 2:49 pm

Okay, the trip is confirmed from my end.

Here are the details:

Sat 12th Nov:
9.45 am – dep from Tenah Merah ferry terminal Singapore
Fare $49 …. Journey is about one and half hours
10.15 am (Indonesia time) arrive Tanjung Pinang … visa on arrival
10.45 am check in to Top View Hotel … top of the hill overlooking the town and the ocean
12.00 noon – Nasi Padang lunch (vegetarian menu available)
<sum> you may have a one hour massage in hotel room before lunch (about S$ 10-15)

1.30 pm tour of town, shopping, etc (popular with Singaporeans for cheap clothes, handbags, shoes, etc) … you may also have a spa massage .. there is one local place I’ve been to where a one and half hour spa massage costs about S$ 40 (it will cost at least S$ 200 here).

4.00 pm trip by ferry to Pulau Penyenget …. This is a historic island for Malays just 10 minutes by local sampan (motor boat). It has a peaceful atmosphere and some lovely old buildings. There are no motor vehicles in the island. We may spend about 1 hour there.

8.00 pm dinner followed by drinking / dancing at Garden Disco well known for local atmosphere and for a good mixture local dangdut, Indian Bhangra and Western ‘House Music”

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rose_YG » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 2:34 pm

that's a good planning Sene. Unfortunately i would not be able to go this week.thanks for the invite.. lets see the next time round..

keep me updated also on other events..
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Trip

Postby Scorpion » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 6:41 pm

Sene, have send you an pm.

Rose_YG wrote:that's a good planning Sene. Unfortunately i would not be able to go this week.thanks for the invite.. lets see the next time round..

keep me updated also on other events..

halo rose_yg, too bad 2hear that you will not be able to make it up.

Any other coffee events coming up from your side.. :D c'ya soon in other events.