Singapore Expats Forum

Sexiest Car

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 3:07 pm

A few more...

Peugeot 607 Feline

Image

Lamborghini Concept S

Image

Image

Image

Bugatti Veyron Concept car (not bad!)

Image





But still my favourite remains the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve Super Car Concept !
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 3:46 pm

elizabeth wrote:i have got a very nice pic of Ferrari & Pergeout 9009. but sorry i dont know how to link it here. Anyone care to share how to do it so that all car lovers here can have a share of it..


ok Elizabeth,

go to http://www.imageshack.us/

upload the pic from your computer (click the 'upload' button on the imageshack site..)

Then you get the links.

copy / paste the 'hotlink for forums (1)' to here.

That's all, you will then post the pic...

It's free btw...

So come up with your cars! :wink:

Eric

User avatar
sputnik
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2005

Postby sputnik » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 4:10 pm

The Bugatti concept car is actually quite ugly.

User avatar
elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri, 29 Apr 2005

Postby elizabeth » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 5:00 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
elizabeth wrote:i have got a very nice pic of Ferrari & Pergeout 9009. but sorry i dont know how to link it here. Anyone care to share how to do it so that all car lovers here can have a share of it..


ok Elizabeth,

go to http://www.imageshack.us/

upload the pic from your computer (click the 'upload' button on the imageshack site..)

Then you get the links.

copy / paste the 'hotlink for forums (1)' to here.

That's all, you will then post the pic...

It's free btw...

So come up with your cars! :wink:

Eric


eric cant cos the file is HTM so sad,, the cars are very nice..
:(

anyway to help..

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 5:02 pm

Can you right click on the picture and save it on your hard disk?
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 5:06 pm

You can also use this site to use pictures which are on the web, just click on "transload an image" then copy the URL of the picture where it's written "paste image URL here".

After that you do as Eric explained.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri, 29 Apr 2005

Postby elizabeth » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 5:16 pm

Image

Hope it work..

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 5:23 pm

It worked and I would call that a nice sexy 'naked' car... :D

Eric

User avatar
sapphire
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun, 17 Apr 2005

Postby sapphire » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 5:35 pm

I still prefer a Ferrari! :P
If I may add, I like all things Italian! So stylish lah! :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 9:38 pm

These are of my sexiest car (have owned her since 1975 when I did a complete restoration on her). She's a '57 Austin-Healey 100-6.

Image

Image

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:These are of my sexiest car (have owned her since 1975 when I did a complete restoration on her). She's a '57 Austin-Healey 100-6.


Very nice indeed Sir, didn't someone try and ban these cars from the roads back in the 50's because they were far to fast for the roads?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:15 am

Saint wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:These are of my sexiest car (have owned her since 1975 when I did a complete restoration on her). She's a '57 Austin-Healey 100-6.


Very nice indeed Sir, didn't someone try and ban these cars from the roads back in the 50's because they were far to fast for the roads?


I'll have to admit, with a 2.8 litre 6 cylinder engine and rudimentary suspension & steering on skinny dunlops made for a pretty hairy ride. The only thing going for her was her very, very low c.o.g. (only had about 4" of ground clearance). The onlyl modification from original spec on the car is a 3 deuce manifold from a later 3000 Mk 1 and the paint job which is Lincoln Continental Mk V Silver. Don't think they were actually banned from the roads in the US. Not sure about european countries though.

User avatar
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue, 12 Jul 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 1:36 am

locallass wrote:Phee-wheet this is what I call a sexy number!

P.S. I knew you had to be kidding about the Ford GT.


So which one do you prefer? Chrysler ME Four-Twelve I hope?
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 8:27 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Saint wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:These are of my sexiest car (have owned her since 1975 when I did a complete restoration on her). She's a '57 Austin-Healey 100-6.


Very nice indeed Sir, didn't someone try and ban these cars from the roads back in the 50's because they were far to fast for the roads?


I'll have to admit, with a 2.8 litre 6 cylinder engine and rudimentary suspension & steering on skinny dunlops made for a pretty hairy ride. The only thing going for her was her very, very low c.o.g. (only had about 4" of ground clearance). The onlyl modification from original spec on the car is a 3 deuce manifold from a later 3000 Mk 1 and the paint job which is Lincoln Continental Mk V Silver. Don't think they were actually banned from the roads in the US. Not sure about european countries though.


is that still the original engine which I guess it is, it's a work of art 90 plus bhp and a top end of just over 100 for a 50's car was un heard of.

SMS it must be a joy to drive even if it is a little indifferent going round bends and stopping!

locallass
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2005

Postby locallass » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:09 am

Nice one sms!

CD, I like the Peugeot 607 Feline best. The flatter shapes are better for racing but I don't like sitting too near to the ground and feeling every pebble. They still look pretty classy though!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests