Singapore Expats

Sexiest Car

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 6:15 pm

How can I stop myself drooling everytime the next door neighbour starts his damned Maserati up? It's getting ridiculous, me peeking out the curtains with dribble down my chops.............lololol......Bubbs........
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Rose_YG » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 8:56 pm

Saw this thread.... lots of gorgeous cars!! this is my favourite Z4...

Image[/img]

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:41 pm

I know now what the neighbours car is....Maserati Quattroporto....and all I can say is.......................SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dylan Thomas.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 12:33 am

Wishful thinking but... =P~

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 4:03 pm

Bubbles wrote:I know now what the neighbours car is....Maserati Quattroporto....and all I can say is.......................SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Live in a nice neighbourhood huh? Now if I could stop drooling as well!

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 7:40 pm

I don't know how some folk do it, honestly I don't. My Maserati owning neighbour is in his late thirties, has six kids which he brings up on his own, apart from the littlest one......no, honestly, been through two wives and a couple of serious relationships, at half term took ALL his kids to Bali for two weeks....which is damned expensive from the UK, let me tell you, has a full time housekeeper and just bought a fabulous Merc people type carrier car for his eldest boy who just passed his driving test.....how stupid is that?

He trained as a chemist but branched out into buying chemist shops and hiring other chemists to staff them, now he has 11 shops, but used to have over 20. Talk about entrepreneurial, and rich!!

Still, good luck to him I say, at least SOMEONE has money. At least I can look at a dreamy car, even though I try not to let him see me drooling!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS....any tips on how I could be able to afford a motor like that by this time next year....no, not selling the body, wouldn't get much for it, and no......no DellBoy comments please............('This time next year Rodney we'll be millionaires!!!!)

Dylan Thomas.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 8:15 pm

Bubbles wrote:I don't know how some folk do it, honestly I don't. My Maserati owning neighbour is in his late thirties, has six kids which he brings up on his own, apart from the littlest one......no, honestly, been through two wives and a couple of serious relationships, at half term took ALL his kids to Bali for two weeks....which is damned expensive from the UK, let me tell you, has a full time housekeeper and just bought a fabulous Merc people type carrier car for his eldest boy who just passed his driving test.....how stupid is that?

He trained as a chemist but branched out into buying chemist shops and hiring other chemists to staff them, now he has 11 shops, but used to have over 20. Talk about entrepreneurial, and rich!!

Still, good luck to him I say, at least SOMEONE has money. At least I can look at a dreamy car, even though I try not to let him see me drooling!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS....any tips on how I could be able to afford a motor like that by this time next year....no, not selling the body, wouldn't get much for it, and no......no DellBoy comments please............('This time next year Rodney we'll be millionaires!!!!)
Poor Bubbles but I might have the answer for you. Just recently here in London I noticed a guy riding a pushbike, difference was it was equipped with a small engine. Be just right for you and wouldn't cost a fortune for fuel. In addition you would have the option to keep fit. :D :D

As for your neighbor, my sentiments are the same but he at least has a profession what makes my mind boggle here in the capital is I notice many people who have no job or one with a meager income yet they have everything I can't afford and my income is amongst the higher. As I said the mind boggles.

Plavt.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 8:43 pm

Hi Plavt

Yes it does seem strange how people seem to have all the latest things, pc's, cars, nights out in expensive places, all the latest fashion etc., when you know they perhaps don't earn that much. I know that the credit industry here, and everywhere in the world I guess, is doing just fine and dandy. It scares me to death when I hear what my daughters' friends credit card balances are. Some have thousands of pounds worth owing, and think nothing of adding to the bill each month, only paying off the minimum balance, and sometimes not even that.

I don't know if it's an old fashioned thing or not, but I was brought up to think, 'If you can't afford it, don't get it, or save up for it.' Of course, nowadays it's more like 'Put it on the plastic.'

So many people have store cards too, and you'd be amazed at how much the chuck onto them every week....(Used to work in M&S in finance, so know this is VERY true).......you'd get people spending £500 a week, not unusual in the least.

It would scare me to death. Yeah sure, I'd love to have the latest leather coat, or a beautiful motor.....(not doing too bad, have a nice Merc, but it's 7 years old) and of course, I'm not blind to the fact that people tend to judge you on what you have instead of what you are, but what I say is, if they can't see the value of ME, and not the fripparies I trail around on the outside, well, they're not folk I would like to hang out with anyway.

And I do realise that I am lucky to be able to earn some sort of living, so many seem to be out of work, don't they? My son has just finished his Masters and you'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to get a job, but you'd be very wrong. There are hundreds of thousands of the buggers out there, competing with you all the time. Still, I don't moan, think of the millions who'd love to be able to write at a pc as I'm doing now. Got to get it in perspective.

Bubbs.

Dylan Thomas.