Singapore Expats Forum

Strange things happening...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
seraphim
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon, 10 Jan 2005
Location: Around somewhere....

Postby seraphim » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 9:17 pm

Am I imagining things, or is the 'scariest movie you watched' thread gone?

Was looking for it and now cant seem to find it. :-|

And I KNOW it existed as I posted on it. I'm not delusional. So there. :P
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 9:28 pm

sapphire wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Now it begs the question - does it really matter how many posts we are said to have contributed?

Obviously not to you Vaucluse, since you only post rubbish! :P

Some of us nicer folks actually post helpful stuff, which when people search for are found missing. :D
I think we may require the services of Inspector Vaucloseau!


And the number of posts you have contributed indicates a grasp of the important, of course. :lol:
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:29 pm

sapphire wrote:Here's the explanation Eric, they want you off the forum, they don't like you! Sheesh, you should be able to read between the lines. :P


:oops!: :shit: :mrgreen: Sorry, just couldn't help it. It's a density thing probably.

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:50 pm

This thread is not about giant Emperor penguins parading down Shenton Way whilst whistling "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" :x
some signatures are more equal than others

User avatar
seraphim
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon, 10 Jan 2005
Location: Around somewhere....

Postby seraphim » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:02 pm

Oh dear, you got tricked into reading it! :P
And the sultans - yeah the sultans

they play creole...Creole, baby

User avatar
Inspector Vaucloseau
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 10 Oct 2005

Postby Inspector Vaucloseau » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:17 pm

sapphire wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Now it begs the question - does it really matter how many posts we are said to have contributed?

Obviously not to you Vaucluse, since you only post rubbish! :P

Some of us nicer folks actually post helpful stuff, which when people search for are found missing. :D
I think we may require the services of Inspector Vaucloseau!


Here I am!

Can I help?

User avatar
sapphire
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun, 17 Apr 2005

Postby sapphire » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:22 pm

Yes you may try to help. We have a Case of Missing Posts and Threads. For details, contact Eric and Carpe Diem, they are both pretty miffed with the forum currently.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:34 pm

And while you're there, see if you can't find them giant penguins.
some signatures are more equal than others

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:58 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Bafana,

Did you delete the thread or just my reply?

Because the thread is still there now....

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic27964.html

Eric


Hi Eric

We was just joking - Noone deleted anything - My best guess is a hitch in the system either from your end or on the server whne you posted.

Cheers

Baf

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 1:17 pm

Bafana wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Bafana,

Did you delete the thread or just my reply?

Because the thread is still there now....

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic27964.html

Eric


Hi Eric

We was just joking - Noone deleted anything - My best guess is a hitch in the system either from your end or on the server whne you posted.

Cheers

Baf



Hi Baf,

Did you delete that single post or the whole thread? Did you click the "X" icon in that single post or did you click the "X" icon below the page?

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 1:19 pm

Pal wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Now I see the thread has been deleted again, but no explanation given here...

Eric


Eric, which thread you talking about?


Hi Pal,

I was talking about this thread, where the OP placed a kind of advertissement on that he was looking for an American / European lady for a marketing job for his harbadashery firm.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic27964.html

But when you click on the link, it no longer exists...: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic27964.html

I could understand it only from this point: It was posted by OP and questioned by me in a reply.

Either a moderator (which I understand now didnot happen according to Bafana) or the OP himself deleted his posting. Since I was the first and only to reply, the OP deleted the whole thread by deleting his posting?

He then reposted it an hour later, I questioned it again and he deleted it again as an answer?

Aya... so confusing lor... :o

Eric

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 6:19 pm

Pal wrote:Hi Baf,

Did you delete that single post or the whole thread? Did you click the "X" icon in that single post or did you click the "X" icon below the page?


Hi Pal

I deleted a thread to do with advertising Calander Generating Website this morning - reason being that it was just a suck em and get hit rates up bunch of Sites or they were asking for money (directly/indirectly). Its really rare that I will delete an entire thread.

BTW I use the post button to delete a post and the thread button at the bottom to delete a thread - So if I killed a trhead it probably deserved it (At elast at the time I thought it did lah).

Baf

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 9:15 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
Pal wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Now I see the thread has been deleted again, but no explanation given here...

Eric


Eric, which thread you talking about?


Hi Pal,

I was talking about this thread, where the OP placed a kind of advertissement on that he was looking for an American / European lady for a marketing job for his harbadashery firm.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic27964.html

But when you click on the link, it no longer exists...: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic27964.html

I could understand it only from this point: It was posted by OP and questioned by me in a reply.

Either a moderator (which I understand now didnot happen according to Bafana) or the OP himself deleted his posting. Since I was the first and only to reply, the OP deleted the whole thread by deleting his posting?

He then reposted it an hour later, I questioned it again and he deleted it again as an answer?

Aya... so confusing lor... :o

Eric


All advertisements should be deleted. Ads should only be posted in the Classifieds.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:07 pm

Totally agree Pal, but Bafana said he did not delete it, so was wondering how it got deleted then...

Eric

User avatar
Inspector Vaucloseau
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 10 Oct 2005

Postby Inspector Vaucloseau » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 1:02 pm

Hello there!

After 3 days of investigations, I think I have identified the culprit …

I have strong evidence that the post moocher is Vaucluse himself!


On Monday, Vaucluse said:

Vaucluse wrote:Now it begs the question - does it really matter how many posts we are said to have contributed?


Then on Tuesday he wrote:

Vaucluse wrote:Can't believe I was correct . . . This calls for a celebration and a change in guise - the last post from Vaucluse.


Since then, he has disappeared from the forum. May be even from town, but believe me, we will catch him if he’s on the run!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests