Singapore Expats Forum

singapore is good

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:00 pm

Hmm...I am generalising while you aren't? Whole population of Singapore is against you - this statement isn't generalising? Whining isn't defined as someone asking for help. Check the definition please.

So, now Indians are also racist towards you? Man, the whole world is against you! You poor thing!

If some people don't like to hang out with you, why would you want to associate yourself with them? Find new friends. I would invite you to join us at the WNDC, but with your attitude, it is highly unlikely that you'll fit in. Unless, you are way different in real life. If you feel like, drop in next Wednesday, trust me, no one cares which part of the world you're from, we drink/don't drink, have fun, laugh and be merry is all.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:03 pm

bangladeshi_wonder wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:If ALL Singaporeans you met did that, it's obvious you did not meet a lot of them AND you are very unlucky when meeting people.

Open your eyes... and your mind.

Or if you decided to be forever a victim, don't complain.

Please tell me you have some evidence for what you state. It seems like you're generalizing.

Just ask ANY singaporean friend of yours if they'd like to hang out with you and some bangladeshi friend of yours. Next time note their reactions when you instead offer them to go and hang out with some japanese friend of yours.

If it turns out they're ALL equally eager or unenthusiastic in both cases, I'll agree with what you've said. Otherwise, you're just generalizing. And what you say would, quite naturally, sound like bullcrap to me, given what I've experienced with singaporeans (and many foreigners IN singapore).

OK, ok... Stay alone with your certainty then.

As for myself, I have wasted enough time!

:wave:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:09 pm

sapphire wrote:Hmm...I am generalising while you aren't? Whole population of Singapore is against you - this statement isn't generalising? Whining isn't defined as someone asking for help. Check the definition please.

So, now Indians are also racist towards you? Man, the whole world is against you! You poor thing!

If some people don't like to hang out with you, why would you want to associate yourself with them? Find new friends. I would invite you to join us at the WNDC, but with your attitude, it is highly unlikely that you'll fit in. Unless, you are way different in real life. If you feel like, drop in next Wednesday, trust me, no one cares which part of the world you're from, we drink/don't drink, have fun, laugh and be merry is all.

It's just an angry tirade at me because I also happened to mention that Indians have been racist towards me.

I don't happen to see much substance in this post of yours apart from, maybe, the invitation to come to WNDC which I may not consider given the widespread availability of alcohol. But thanks for the invitation.

What exactly is the intention of your post if you have read this?

Anyway it's not my intention to fill this board up with how singaporeans or many foreigners (including indians, for example) have been racist towards me.

I included those accounts to provide a perspective of life in singapore that not only many people knew about but thought can not exist. That's about it really. If you look closely sapphire, I don't quite see asking you or any Indian or other folks for help (so it's not quite whining), and I did & will do whatever I need to and however I need to, without whining.

I was just providing a different perspective, which many of you initially thought couldn't be true. And hence this protracted verbal exchange came to being, if you would.

btw, you have to be considered somewhat feeble-minded if all you're interested in is discussing the definition of "whining". but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:12 pm

Angry tirade? Hahaha, sorry sweetie, your posts have not even managed to bring a frown to my face. All I feel for you is a lot of pity. I think I will follow CD, you're on your own in your miserable world. Ciao!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:12 pm

Okay, I'm convinced now that you are just deliberatley stirring. A few pages back you "confessed" to being white. Now when CD posts a picture of a horse, you say that you are "not exactly" white. You say that ALL Singaporeans have treated you like a dog when they find out where you are from, and yet the locals on this board have not done that at all.

as much as I would like to sympathize with your misfortunes and your travails, I don't see how that quite fits into this discussion here. But I sympathize with you and wish you best of luck, whether you're having a high-life or not does not enter the equation for me.

You missed my point. I feel LUCKY to be here, lucky to have what I have and strongly resent your "sympathy" as it is completely unrequired. I feel very very sorry for you, as the world owes me nothing and I am the master of my own destiny. For you, it seems the people at hawker centres have the ultimate control over what happens in your very narrow neck of the woods where all racism comes back to "bangla's" and the worst thing that could ever happen is someone sees your passport. You need to grow up.

I never said I represent ALL Bangladeshis' behaviours, actions, sentiments or mindsets, nor do most Bangladeshis exactly represent mine. I'd rather be seen as an individual judged on my merits and demerits rather than by some generalized notions of a whole 140 million individuals in my native country.

Oh so you can make statements that should be based on YOU as a person, but you'll ask us to make sweeping generalisations based on our country, Singapore and my personal favourite ALL foreigners living here.

Your assumption that the "same assumptions.....work both ways" makes me furious. May I ask what "assumptions" you have seen ME have about Singaporeans (or foreigners) that can be equated with what I accuse ALL singaporeans (and most nonwhite foreigners IN singapore) of having?

Contradiction here, I think. You think all Singaporeans are racist and have actually claimed that you have NEVER met anyone who has been decent to you after finding out you were a Bangladeshi. Yes, that is an assumption. You have also assumed that all white foreigners are treated like kings and that we all have a great life here. Also not true (as I have tried to show you), but good thing for you, it's a short trip to Changi Airport. I suggest you catch the bus out there (passport hidden of course). It is YOU that has a problem with your nationality.

The rest of your post I just can't be bothered with.

BTW: "whatalark", I really like your signature. It is going to be my new mantra.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:13 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:OK, ok... Stay alone with your certainty then.

As for myself, I have wasted enough time!

:wave:

shall i take that as an indication of myself being right? Or that you're afraid I'll be proven right if you carry out the experiments I asked you to?

Or that, maybe, providing more than a word or two of consolation to a Bangladeshi is not really worth your time, esp. given that's all you can do since his accusations were true in the first place?

I like to think it's either the first or the second one.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:23 pm

k1w1 wrote:Okay, I'm convinced now that you are just deliberatley stirring. A few pages back you "confessed" to being white. Now when CD posts a picture of a horse, you say that you are "not exactly" white. You say that ALL Singaporeans have treated you like a dog when they find out where you are from, and yet the locals on this board have not done that at all.

And I have to tell you your conviction is wrong! I NEVER "confessed" to being WHITE. Pardon the offensive words here, but what the F***? I have a handle that says "bangladeshi_wonder" and I never ever came across as one that isn't.

That leads me to believe you must be out of your mind.

Should I read the rest of your post? I won't unless you convince me that I should, bearing in mind you thought I "confessed" to being WHITE.

A small note, locals have NOT said anything positive nor negative about myself in here. Quite obviously, if my claims were true, they wouldn't do that as EITHER they wouldn't stoop so low as to talk to a "Bangla" OR they wouldn't like to lose face in an expat-dominated board, thanks to their kiasuism, which is why they would not participate in this argument bcoz they know what they feel deep down and they can't quite prove themselves to be equal to a "Bangla", they believe they can only be above.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:28 pm

Yeah, you did.

bangladeshi_wonder wrote:Let me tell you a secret to prove my point.

I'm very often mistaken for a caucasian person by singaporeans.

Oh what, now Singaporeans are colour blind too?

I've had it. I am going now. :-#

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:30 pm

k1w1 wrote:Yeah, you did.

thanks.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 4:14 pm

k1w1 wrote:Yeah, you did.

This is a Bangladeshi but some people may confuse him with a Caucasian. Happy now? (this isn't me!)

bigcalin

Postby bigcalin » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 5:53 pm

After reading all 6 pages of this thread.

I can't help but to agree with you...I am not the least bit surprise that you are treated like a stray dog by us Singaporeans. Yes, Singaporean are indeed racist towards Bangla but alas .....just to this particular Bangla -Bangladeshi Wonder :P

rbbst

Postby rbbst » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 6:48 pm

bangladeshi_wonder wrote:A small note, locals have NOT said anything positive nor negative about myself in here. Quite obviously, if my claims were true, they wouldn't do that as EITHER they wouldn't stoop so low as to talk to a "Bangla" OR they wouldn't like to lose face in an expat-dominated board, thanks to their kiasuism, which is why they would not participate in this argument bcoz they know what they feel deep down and they can't quite prove themselves to be equal to a "Bangla", they believe they can only be above.

In case you haven't notice, benjamin that posted on page 2 is a local. Looks like you are too busy to prove that locals are discriminating against you to missed that.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 7:08 pm

rbbst wrote:
bangladeshi_wonder wrote:A small note, locals have NOT said anything positive nor negative about myself in here. Quite obviously, if my claims were true, they wouldn't do that as EITHER they wouldn't stoop so low as to talk to a "Bangla" OR they wouldn't like to lose face in an expat-dominated board, thanks to their kiasuism, which is why they would not participate in this argument bcoz they know what they feel deep down and they can't quite prove themselves to be equal to a "Bangla", they believe they can only be above.

In case you haven't notice, benjamin that posted on page 2 is a local. Looks like you are too busy to prove that locals are discriminating against you to missed that.

It's not whether local singaporeans ARE discriminating against ME right now. It's whether they did and have been doing so against Bangladeshis. And the fact is they do and have been doing so. For all that you know, I may not be in Singapore right now. I provide examples from my own experience as evidence only, nothing else.

Since you speak for a local singaporean, can I ask why you think the racism against bangladeshis may be justified, in your opinion? Unless you believe, it actually doesn't exist which I'm willing to accept if you prove it with the help of some evidence.

And would you also describe why locals would treat me so differently before they know my nationality, religion etc etc AND after they know them? I'll be treated much better before they know my nationality, religion etc etc but much worse AFTER they know 'em.

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Postby bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 7:10 pm

bigcalin wrote:After reading all 6 pages of this thread.

I can't help but to agree with you...I am not the least bit surprise that you are treated like a stray dog by us Singaporeans. Yes, Singaporean are indeed racist towards Bangla but alas .....just to this particular Bangla -Bangladeshi Wonder :P

Thanks for proving myself to be true, with ample usage of the derogatory slur.

Btw, it doesn't really matter if you're racist towards a single individual or to a bunch of them, at the end of the day, you're a racist. You do agree with me afterall (partially, at least)!

bigcalin

Postby bigcalin » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 7:35 pm

quote]

Thanks for proving myself to be true, with ample usage of the derogatory slur. [/quote]

You're welcome. :lol:

I just prey that one day you will wake up and realise that you are treated that way not becos of your race, colour or religion but rather the lack of social skills.

Let' face it, your only aim in this forum is to rubb people the wrong way ( [-X please do not ask me to eleborate!) you know that well in your heart.[/quote]