Singapore Expats

singapore is good

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 7:57 pm

I too have read all of the pages in this thread, and my question is why does anyone bother to reply to BW when BW seems perfectly capable of having an argument and continuing the thread all by him/her self? :???:

rbbst

Post by rbbst » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 8:29 pm

bangladeshi_wonder wrote:Since you speak for a local singaporean, can I ask why you think the racism against bangladeshis may be justified, in your opinion? Unless you believe, it actually doesn't exist which I'm willing to accept if you prove it with the help of some evidence.
No, I don't think that racism is justified in anyway. And no, I do belive racism still exist in singapore. I personally know of people who are openly racist. I just really hates the way you are generalising all singaporean. And I am not only speaking for a local singaporean, I am a singaporean myself.
bangladeshi_wonder wrote:I provide examples from my own experience as evidence only, nothing else.
See, that's the the problem. You assume your personal experience to be true for everyone else.

And I have to agree with everyone else. Your experience is most likely a either result of your poor social skill, or you are just making it all up and trying to troll and stir up trouble. I find the later more likely, considering how you keep harping on your precieved discrimination while giving only vague details.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:26 pm

bangladeshi_wonder wrote:
k1w1 wrote:Yeah, you did.
bangladeshi_wonder wrote: Let me tell you a secret to prove my point.

I'm very often mistaken for a caucasian person by singaporeans.
Oh what, now Singaporeans are colour blind too?

I've had it. I am going now. :-#

This is a Bangladeshi but some people may confuse him with a Caucasian. Happy now? (this isn't me!)

This is a Bangladeshi but some people may confuse him with a Caucasian.
Really? Who would? Who are these 'some' people? You are hiding these people, aren't you? Let them free!!! Set them free!!! Freedom to all blind people!!!
Cast of the last vestiges of sighted superiority!!!
this isn't me!)
No shit, Sherlock!

Seriously, though - you are the only person I know who can carry on a full conversation

with yourself!!!! I guess that make some people sad gits. Egads, it's those some people again . . . :???:

Bangladeshi wonder? More like a wonder in your own mind/hand!

'nuff said Image

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Post by bangladeshi_wonder » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:39 pm

rbbst wrote:
bangladeshi_wonder wrote:Since you speak for a local singaporean, can I ask why you think the racism against bangladeshis may be justified, in your opinion? Unless you believe, it actually doesn't exist which I'm willing to accept if you prove it with the help of some evidence.
No, I don't think that racism is justified in anyway. And no, I do belive racism still exist in singapore. I personally know of people who are openly racist. I just really hates the way you are generalising all singaporean. And I am not only speaking for a local singaporean, I am a singaporean myself.
bangladeshi_wonder wrote:I provide examples from my own experience as evidence only, nothing else.
See, that's the the problem. You assume your personal experience to be true for everyone else.

And I have to agree with everyone else. Your experience is most likely a either result of your poor social skill, or you are just making it all up and trying to troll and stir up trouble. I find the later more likely, considering how you keep harping on your precieved discrimination while giving only vague details.

Look I'm not here to convince people - if they believe me, good; if they don't, that's their concern.

I tried to provide a perspective, whether most foreigners or locals or whoever like it or not isn't any of my concern. It just happened to be from my own experience but I grant everyone has the freedom to choose, whether to believe me or not.
Should I assume my personal experiences are not representative of Bangladeshis? I mean, it must be a coincident that "bangla" or "bangala"s are despised and "ang moh" widely respected, from what I have seen, isn't it? They shouldn't be under normal circumstances, because like you said I assumed everyone's experiences will be the same while they actually differ and it could also have happened that someone will actually see "bangala"s being respected by all locals and foreigners while for example "ang moh"s being widely held in contempt.

Please email me when that (or anything similar, like chinese or japanese being widely despised and "bangala"s or "bangla"s widely respected) happens.

I mean, according to you, that's an equally likely scenario in singapore too since some other persons' experiences may actually be widely different from mine.
:D
And I have to agree with everyone else. Your experience is most likely a either result of your poor social skill...
while that may be likely, it's hard to reconcile with the fact that some of the most genuine friends i've had are whites/caucasians. I suppose that's bcos many whites/caucasians and I, a "bangla", alone lack social skills while other singaporeans and foreigners who are nonwhite are very socially adept. That's possible too!

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:40 pm

After reading through the 7 pages of this thread, the picture below just popped up right in my head... ... ...

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:47 pm

Ha ha, ha ha ha.....
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 12:06 am

madwolfie wrote:After reading through the 7 pages of this thread, the picture below just popped up right in my head... ... ...

And this into mind:

Ethnix alias bangla-no wonder is an extremely powerful Warrior who effectively wields his ethnic origins to undermine his opponents in battle. The accusation of racism immediately puts even the most powerful Warriors on the defensive, and Ethnix can use this weapon to deftly shift from defense to offense, keeping other Warriors off balance. Envious of Ethnix's power, Impostor will impersonate him when the opportunity arises. All Warriors are wary of Ethnix, but Weenie is particularly vulnerable to his power.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 12:21 am

hahahahahaha :mrgreen:

sxq156284

Post by sxq156284 » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 2:03 am

are you all indian ?oh my god ,so many indian .

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 2:11 am

sxq156284 wrote:are you all indian ?oh my god ,so many indian .
我是华人呀! :wave: [loosely translated-> but I'm a chinese!]

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 2:14 am

In any case... so what if I'm a chinese? :o or indian or malay or eurasian or of another nationality... :???:

sxq156284

Post by sxq156284 » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 2:19 am

you can write chinese?surprise?unbelievable,

sxq156284

Post by sxq156284 » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 2:23 am

what is bangladeshi?your english are all good ,i can not understand ,i can not find it in the dictionary,what you write i can only know a little ,50%,i have to improve my english

bangladeshi_wonder
Regular
Regular

Post by bangladeshi_wonder » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 4:43 am

Vaucluse wrote:
Really? Who would? Who are these 'some' people? You are hiding these people, aren't you? Let them free!!! Set them free!!! Freedom to all blind people!!!
Cast of the last vestiges of sighted superiority!!!

No shit, Sherlock!

Seriously, though - you are the only person I know who can carry on a full conversation

with yourself!!!! I guess that make some people sad gits. Egads, it's those some people again . . . :???:

Bangladeshi wonder? More like a wonder in your own mind/hand!

Kindly point out ALL the caucasians/whites AND ALL the noncaucasians/nonwhites from these pics.

If you make even ONE mistake, you will be considered a feeble-minded donkey whose mother and sisters are cheap prostitutes.

If you get them ALL correct, I will be considered a sad git and I will not post any more here.

:D

Since you think you can tell apart ALL caucasians from ALL noncaucasians I offer you this challenge.

:)

I will NOT post in this board anymore if you can get ALL of them right. However, if you don't get ALL of them right you will openly declare yourself a feeble-minded donkey whose mother and sisters are cheap prostitutes. You will declare it in this forum thus "Vaucluse is a feeble-minded donkey whose mother and sisters are cheap prostitutes" if you don't tell apart ALL caucasians/whites from noncaucasians/nonwhites in these pics.

8)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 8:31 am

Are those all people from your homo-erotic fantasies, tied in with attempting to attain the heady heights of 'garbbin' the chook'?

(You are a sad git, trying to prove that some bangla-dehis can be mistaken for caucasians - who gives a toss? (except for you, for some bizarre reason))

Please stay around, Dhaka-dandy, your posts are soooo easy to see through - congratulations on keeping the thread going for so long, even if half of the posts are from you contradicting yourself and generally proving you're a wanker - and you do an excellent job at that.

(OH, by the way - have you not heard that attacking family is out-of-bounds? Attack me as much as you like, moron, but leave family out of it)
Vaucluse is a feeble-minded donkey whose mother and sisters are cheap prostitutes

'nuff said Image