Singapore Expats Forum

Astros Are Going to the World Series

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Astros Are Going to the World Series

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:46 am

For the first time in franchise history (44 years), the Houston Astros are going to the World Series.

Yessss.................!!!!!!!

User avatar
Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon, 20 Jun 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:07 pm

very happy for you SE, but why oh why is it called the world series? :?
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:11 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:very happy for you SE, but why oh why is it called the world series? :?


You obviously haven't been listening to George Bush. The United States is the center of the universe.

And on a more serious note, at the time the World Series became a reality baseball wasn't played anywhere else in the world. There has been talk of creating a true world series now that Japan in particular has national teams that swap players with US teams.

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 1:07 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Baron Greenback wrote:very happy for you SE, but why oh why is it called the world series? :?

You obviously haven't been listening to George Bush. The United States is the center of the universe.

:lol:

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:22 pm

:lol:
some signatures are more equal than others

Blaze
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri, 26 Aug 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Blaze » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:41 pm

Just finished seeing the last game. Too bad the series got over in 4. It was sad to see the Houston fans clutching on to their hopes at the bottom of 9th :(

Did any fans get to see it in Singapore ?
Blaze

User avatar
Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2005

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 2:58 pm

Blaze wrote:Just finished seeing the last game. Too bad the series got over in 4. It was sad to see the Houston fans clutching on to their hopes at the bottom of 9th :(

Did any fans get to see it in Singapore ?
Blaze




Brilliant for the Sox!!! I remember going to see some games at Comiskey Park . . .


Now, for the Cubbies, the real Windy City team, to DO IT!!!
One in the hand is worth two of something


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests