Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for MCSE jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

jtgoh

Looking for MCSE jobs in Singapore

Postby jtgoh » Tue, 18 Oct 2005 7:37 pm

Hi,

I'm in the process of looking for a MCSE jobs in Singapore and I'm planning to move there to live next year from Australia.
I have been looking for jobs and dealing with Recruiters and Agents but so far it does not seem to get me anyway further.

I was there in Singapore for 10 days last month but i find it very hard to get even a job interview. They all seem to ignore my CV.

is anyone out there who can give me suggestions or any IT contacts or whatever to assist me getting an IT job.
I have been looking for IT jobs for few months now in internet and also I have a lot of links under my favourite about almost all the consultants and big company in SIngapore.

I will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!
[/b]

jhkim
Regular
Regular

Postby jhkim » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:30 am

It would be hard to secure an interview with MCSE certification alone. What is your experience?

In asia, every dog and cow have MCSE. I my self is a MCSE and right now in a totally different field because I could not find a job in IT side that would pay well :mad: .

There are abundant supply of system engineers in Singapore right now....most of them will work for any where between 2500-3000.

I believe it cost the company about 6000 to apply for your employment pass....plus I believe you would like to get paid more than average locals right? What is the benefit of hiring you? Since you are australian, you can only speak english right? Locals here can speak english and chinese....well...most of them.

It is hard but not impossible. Keep trying and Good luck!~

jtgoh

Postby jtgoh » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 6:24 pm

Tks for getting back to me. i'm also CCNA but limited expeience.
I have a total of 13yrs IT industry more into Support, admin, roll-out etc.
May i ask what field are you in now?
I'm also prepare myself for a change of Career as I'm quite sick of working in IT.
I don't mind if i'm paying as average as locals as long as i can get an empolyment pass.
For your information I live in Australia but I'm a Malaysian.
I speak mandarin, cantonese, Indonesian, hakka, fokkien.
Read/write chinese.

tks for telling me of the dog and cow story. Now i'm really thinking of doing don't know what. :???:

jhkim
Regular
Regular

Postby jhkim » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:40 am

Excellent 13 years of experience~ But you should also know that this thingy with Singaporean and Malaysian.

They seem to put Malaysian on the bottom of the list.....some political reason I guess....

Now I am in application Support team for some big financial company.....basiacally I am in a field where IT background is appreciated but not required.....and had to learn their system from the bottom. I just happened to be at a right place and a right time.

Having CCNA is definately a plus!~ As far as you language skill its impressive but Indonesian, hakka, fokkien and practically useless in the business world.

I don't understand....with 13 years of experience...it shouldn't be too hard to find a job as long as you are willing to work for similar pay as local?

I came to Singapore 3 month ago as a desktop support position and moved out as soon as I saw the chance. Pay was low for desktop position but it got me EP to stay here and look for other jobs. you might try that,
If you must live in Singapore at all cost......

You have higher chance of getting an interview if you are physically located in Singapore and have a job currently.....

jtgoh

Postby jtgoh » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 8:44 pm

Hi, tks for getting that to me.
I know physically if i'm not there is quite hard to get a job.
However I'm planning to be there again in March for the jobs fair.

Can you ask for me whether your company looking for any ppl like my experience background to do Application Support pls?
I just wondering how did you first got the desktop support position eventhough the pay was low and the company still willing to pay for EP.
Can you give me any advise?

jhkim
Regular
Regular

Postby jhkim » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 8:48 am

I certainly will try but don't hope so much.

Go to jobsdb and jobstreet.com and scan everyday. Bound to have your job someday......

Good luck-

jtgoh

Postby jtgoh » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 7:32 pm

Tks, i have been doing that almost everyday.
its hard also cause I'm not in Sing.
I'm also thinking of applying for a Landed PR and then move there and look for jobs at the same time. I thnk that its a bit risky.
As i said i'm willing to work on local terms.
On well, if you cme across anything in your company pls think of me and let me know. i also considering changing my career to something else whichever come across to my desk.
I'm open at this stage to look at the big picture.

Tks again.