Singapore Expats

Anyone want to transfer Indonesia maid?

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
Jiean2004

Anyone want to transfer Indonesia maid?

Post by Jiean2004 » Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:07 am

Hi, I am new here. Just send my flipino maid back as she cant take care my 19 months old son.Spent 400 on the admin fee,so no confident from agent again.
My wife and me are both working parents.I need a domestic maid.I only wants Indonesia maid,cos no off day and more humble in my opinion.(my first maid from Indo is very good)

Any kind soul cos of valid reason need transfer their maid? Not becos of lousy standard or attitude.Thx.

I need the maid to be experience in taking care my 19 months old son,household job secondary.

A big thanks............
MOST IMPORTANT,NOT FROM AGENCY PLEASE,NO CONFIDENT AND NEED PAY AGENT FEE.....

Call chan at 91721972.
Live Hougang area.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Re: Anyone want to transfer Indonesia maid?

Post by Carpe Diem » Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:13 am

Jiean2004 wrote:because no off day
#-o

Sad.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Tue, 18 Oct 2005 1:25 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Jiean2004 wrote:because no off day
#-o

Sad.
You took the words right out of my mouth lah.

Maids are human too you know??? :x

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Tue, 18 Oct 2005 9:20 pm

You could consider child care centres since your child is over 18 months old. Might be better than sitting at home with a maid (who is tired and resentful at not having any time off) and has other stuff to do...

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 8:35 pm

I copped an ear full from another forumn because I thought it was terrible that a neighbor would not give her maid a day off. This young woman was expected to be up at 530 because the mother couldn't be bothered to get up with her 2 young sons and was luck if she got to bed by midnight as they were always entertaining. So it is nice to know that I'm not alone. These ladies need a day off as it helps them mentally and the majority of the ones I see work pretty hard too! FYI-I don't have a maid.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 9:19 pm

Jiean2004 wrote:cos no off day

Call chan at xxxxxxxx.

Double #-o

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:25 pm

Jiean2004 wrote:Hi, I am new here. Just send my flipino maid back as she cant take care my 19 months old son.Spent 400 on the admin fee,so no confident from agent again.
My wife and me are both working parents.I need a domestic maid.I only wants Indonesia maid,cos no off day and more humble in my opinion.(my first maid from Indo is very good)

Any kind soul cos of valid reason need transfer their maid? Not becos of lousy standard or attitude.Thx.

I need the maid to be experience in taking care my 19 months old son,household job secondary.

A big thanks............

Call chan at 91721972.
Live Hougang area.
My god, what a mentality.... :shock:

I already pity the domestic help that will enter your house...

Get your priorities straight madam: don't be so incredibly egoistic, take care of your own son (it's your son...), learn to respect all human beings on this planet and do some self reflection.

Hope I never ever meet you...

Eric

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 1:19 pm

Jiean2004 wrote:cos no off day and more humble in my opinion
Jackass.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 2:11 am

[quote="Jiean2004"]

A big thanks............

[quote]

I don't think it is advisable or possible not to use an agency. The agency is there for a reason as they train the maid for you. You may want to try another agency instead.

I have a mother's helper from Phillipines and she is great. But then again, her workload is light and I do not have too much requirements of her. I hire her through an agency that my sister uses. However, we are only here for 2 months and she will need to transfer to another permanent position.

I do not know if this is the first time you are hiring domestic help. After having gone through multiple housekeepers in the US, I have finally learnt how to manage such relationship. I understand that everyone wants their household to be in tip-top condition and sparkling clean. Realistically, most domestic help are not happy in their profession and if given a choice, they rather be doing something else and it shows in their work. Hence, I learn to lower my expectation and some amount of slip-shot work is acceptable.

I also consider their position. They are not highly-paid and it takes tremendous work and effort to upkeep a house. Some give-and-take will do wonders for the relationship. It is critical that you pick the person with right attitude. It may take several attempts and trial-and-errors before you find the right fit. So don't give up and get all frustrated just because it does not work the first few rounds.

I do not think it is wise not to give your maid at least one day off per week. She needs to go out and enjoy herself and get recharged. She will come back a happier person. A happy worker is a more effective worker. How will you feel if your employer makes you work 7 days a week?

Enough said. PM me if you want the contact for my agent.